There are 122 users in the forums

DeForest Buckner DE - 7th overall pick

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
That is too cool for chip to have both his guys back...and under him. He already knows them both. What a great stroke of good fortune for us. And Sofa, I love your idea, of taking #99...but really let him pick his own number.. Have to admit I would love #99.

Oh and Welcome DeForest....man are we ever happy to have you.

99 is a good number...
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 53,786
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
Originally posted by bigwads:
Rebuilding...one position group at a time. Baalke is going to rebuild the DL and OL first. Just like who we were before.

Next pick will be an OL.

Agreed. That or pass rush
I like the idea of a offensive lineman. i could live with another pass rusher. if a good qb is there i could live with that though i would rather take one of those in round three. whatever . its all good with me. a great pick and a guy who wanted to be here. kind of a disappointment perhaps to some people who say no one wants to play here with chip.. oh this guy is black i think. kind of a disappointment to some who say chip is a racist. lots of disappointment tonight in some circles I guess
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by bigwads:
Rebuilding...one position group at a time. Baalke is going to rebuild the DL and OL first. Just like who we were before.

Next pick will be an OL.

Garnett, Whitehair or Spriggs in the 2nd and Baalke will be killing it.

Got my fingers crossed.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
That is too cool for chip to have both his guys back...and under him. He already knows them both. What a great stroke of good fortune for us. And Sofa, I love your idea, of taking #99...but really let him pick his own number.. Have to admit I would love #99.

Oh and Welcome DeForest....man are we ever happy to have you.

99 is a good number...

44 to 99 looks like a good college to pro transition to me.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 53,786
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
That is too cool for chip to have both his guys back...and under him. He already knows them both. What a great stroke of good fortune for us. And Sofa, I love your idea, of taking #99...but really let him pick his own number.. Have to admit I would love #99.

Oh and Welcome DeForest....man are we ever happy to have you.

99 is a good number...

how about 86 for cedrick hardman! very excited about these two 6 foot 7 bookends.... by the way guys who are smarter than me... are there any other oregon players we could get or that we need as the draft goes along?
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
That is too cool for chip to have both his guys back...and under him. He already knows them both. What a great stroke of good fortune for us. And Sofa, I love your idea, of taking #99...but really let him pick his own number.. Have to admit I would love #99.

Oh and Welcome DeForest....man are we ever happy to have you.

99 is a good number...

Since he was 44 in college, I think he goes 94 with us.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Unhh... CBS and NFL.com, I believe rated AA 2nd best pick in the 2015 draft. Now he has deForest just down the line from him. Look out. This is a great pick, made even better and causing great incr of production in AA. Superb pick., Awesome, and without moving up. Yes...

They can't double team them both - not for long at any rate.

Lynch's sack opportunities just went up.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 53,786
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Cam Inman Verified account ‏@CamInman "I'm probably the happiest guy in the draft right now" -- #49ers top pick @DeForestBuckner
kind of ruins the narrative... oh never mind ,i am to happy.. i think this guy will be the cornerstone on defense that we thought we had with another forgotten player
  • Stud
  • Member
  • Posts: 5,264
This team has a lot of young defenseman with lots of potential
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
First time we ever drafted my crush in the first round!

Got the best player in the draft IMO at #7.

Day 1 impact.

f**k yea!

Me too

I was sweating it for a while.

  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 53,786
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Unhh... CBS and NFL.com, I believe rated AA 2nd best pick in the 2015 draft. Now he has deForest just down the line from him. Look out. This is a great pick, made even better and causing great incr of production in AA. Superb pick., Awesome, and without moving up. Yes...

They can't double team them both - not for long at any rate.

Lynch's sack opportunities just went up.
i am dumb on this. but he mentioned the d line coach.. is our new d line coach an assistant under chip at oregon?
Originally posted by Joecool:
Our DL is stronger now than it was when we had Cowboy.

With AA and Buck, two guys at both ends that can push the OL back a yard or 2.

Lynch should have a big year. Hell, he's able to push the line back as well.

Yup

Navarro will also get his shots in
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 53,786
Originally posted by Stud:
This team has a lot of young defenseman with lots of potential

agree. lynch. eli tartt. our corners. and still good vets in bowman , bethea,. yes brooks to and i will throw in there dorsey as a good vet. plus better coaches on the defensive side of the ball
Originally posted by cciowa:
i am dumb on this. but he mentioned the d line coach.. is our new d line coach an assistant under chip at oregon?

The same guy that coached Armstead and Buckner at Oregon.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 53,786
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Our DL is stronger now than it was when we had Cowboy.

With AA and Buck, two guys at both ends that can push the OL back a yard or 2.

Lynch should have a big year. Hell, he's able to push the line back as well.

Yup

Navarro will also get his shots in
i have a really really good feeling about eli plus you know we will get a couple more good linebackers cuz that is just what we do the draft
Share 49erswebzone