LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 235 users in the forums

What is Ian Williams value?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Ok thanks Ncommand; I hope that's true. If we could extend him he is definitely one of those Baalke buy low long term early deals he loves. Worked out with Williams, Miller, Brock, Kilgore, etc and allowed us to be paying starters backup money.

Definitely should be a serious offer, not an offer in hopes he will play for 60% of value.

Is Watt jacking that franchise number up to that 11M? That seems so high.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
3-4 years at 4 mil per year
Williams brings value , he could potentially be our starting NT in the 3-4, or the starting DT in a 4-3
Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by thl408:
If the new HC comes in and stays with a two gapping 3-4, he has value as a stout run stopper. For a very good, 26 year old, one dimensional nose tackle, I'll go 4 years @ $4 per.

just $4?

In our defense that sounds about right.
49ers are being linked to some 1st round NTs. I hope that's not true and they resign Williams. Not that those guys aren't good players but I'd prefer us to just keep the good NT we already have and go address some other position with our first pick.
About tree fitty.

With his injury history, I don't think he gets a huge deal but $4-4.5 mil per season would be very fair.
4 yrs 16-20 mil. Heavy gaurentees imo
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
If he's the best then he deserves more than what Vince Wilfork got, $4.5M a year.

This sounds about right.

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Tacos?
Getting payed
http://www.ninersnation.com/2016/1/29/10870230/49ers-free-agents-2016-ian-williams-contract-projection
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
http://www.ninersnation.com/2016/1/29/10870230/49ers-free-agents-2016-ian-williams-contract-projection

Great stuff J! Thank you. That helps.
Originally posted by dj43:
He is going to get much more than that, if not from the 49ers, from someone else. There are a dozen teams that would love to have him in the center of their 3-4 alignment. I would give him a 4 year deal with a bunch of incentives that might bring him into the $8MILLION range. His PFF grades this year put him in the "Pro Bowl" quality level.

Due to injuries, his body of work is not as large as other NTs around the league but when he has been healthy, he has been a force. Neither Dorsey or Purcell are close. If Williams leaves, one of the first 3 picks will be a NT to replace him. The NT is the critical component in a 3-4.

It's the injuries that concern me.
Share 49ersWebzone