LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

EDGE Kemoko Turay

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Shaquem Griffin is better
Turay is very impressive. I've got some homework to do.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 27, 2018 at 12:37 PM ]
Really fast off the edge. One of the better pass rushers at the Senior Bowl.

One of my favorite moments of Senior Bowl practice was Turay rushing a passer on an 11 on 11 drill, and running all the way down the field (30+ yards) to congratulate a CB for a good play. That is what makes a good teammate. someone who cares about more than what they are doing on the field. These are little things that separate a lot of players.
I've noticed Turay consistently takes a tiiiiiiight track through the arc to the quarterback. Great active hands, too.

Originally posted by Heroism:
I've noticed Turay consistently takes a tiiiiiiight track through the arc to the quarterback. Great active hands, too.

Wears 58... Wonder after your post he tries to model his game after Von.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

He has the freakish flexibility on von
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Alex Cappa got his @ss handed to him! Definitely a Guard at the next level, and will need coaching up, I'm still in but not before the 5th.

Turay has some promise though
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Bump

A lot of that is technique/footwork. He's using a "short-long" technique developed by Dwight Freeney that is also used by DeMarcus Ware. They take short steps with the outside leg and long steps with the inside leg so they can replace the hip of the OT without being run by. Pretty impressive to see a college kid doing it so well!

edit: "Dwight Freeney," not "Dwight Freeze." I shoulda known better than to type it on my phone. This autocorrect nonsense has to be downright intentional at this point.
[ Edited by WRATHman44 on Feb 27, 2018 at 12:57 PM ]
My pick for edge rusher this off season

I like him a lot as long as the medicals are good.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
My pick for edge rusher this off season

I gotta watch more of him. What I saw so far was a day 3 player with size but not seeing the impact I'd like to see in a legit edge rush prospect.

Injuries are the issue

Maybe that's what I was seeing....he came off as pretty tentative in the stuff i saw.

Which games was he healthy for?
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Injuries are the issue

Didn't we hear the same about Lawson. If we got to use a 5th/6th round pick for a Baalke red shirt special do it!
Share 49ersWebzone