Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Needs:
1) HC
2) RT
3) C (If Kilgore can't stay healthy)
4) a passrush

Truthfully...you get those 4 cornerstones and you're rolling.

Plus an OG or two, ILB, and a QB.

IF we bring Boone back. OG is okay with him and Tiller

And a decent line with make Gabbert alot better.

Also Hodges could be the guy, just need to see more of him
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
IF we bring Boone back. OG is okay with him and Tiller

And a decent line with make Gabbert alot better.

Also Hodges could be the guy, just need to see more of him

Respectfully disagree about the OGs! Tiller is not a ZBS OG and Boone is better but would likely be better suited at OT elsewhere. I'd like to see two new OGs. But the best was to handle next year is to have as much competition as possible with new FAs and draft picks as well as Tiller and Boone if they are retained/resigned.

I agree about Hodges, but a guy like Makavich would add toughness to the D. Losing Justin, Willis and A Davis lowered the toughness quotient of the team. Davis had a nasty disposition that defensive players had to respect. Our OL has none of that this year. They all seem to be technicians...no anger!
if Tomsula stays then Kaepernick is gone. I really would like a different coaching staff and maybe a GM. I do not think that will happen. If it was going to happen they should fire GM now and start the search then let new GM change the coaches. so with all that.

First need is a QB. then OL, & more OL. a ILB a WR and last pass rush / DL. they need so much I do not think there is any way they can do it all in this draft. it will take free agent and maybe 2 drafts.
[ Edited by dlance on Dec 15, 2015 at 4:08 PM ]
A new HC, which i don't see us landing anytime soon. Assuming this dog 'n pony show continues into mid next season... an interim coach will just be a band aid.

The bigger question is who's going to be lured over and what kind of control will they be given? I've stated before, i just don't' trust this owner to fix things; to put the right people in charge.
This team is easy to fix,sign Johnny Manziel and everything else will fix itself such is the aura of the great man,we need to act fast and sign him before he dies of a drug overdose in like 5 years,will be the best 5 years of our life,superbowl glory imminent.
  • Dingo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BarrySandwich:
This team is easy to fix,sign Johnny Manziel and everything else will fix itself such is the aura of the great man,we need to act fast and sign him before he dies of a drug overdose in like 5 years,will be the best 5 years of our life,superbowl glory imminent.

That's just cruel Barry.
10 picks...I'd go

BPA @ OL round 1
BPA @ WR round 2
OL round 3
ILB round 4
DL round 4
TE round 4
DB round 5
DB round 5
OL round 6
QB round 7
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Big-Bodied WR? what do yo think Smelter is for? Smelter also has some speed too.

Smelter IS their big bodied WR in this draft, since he will be taking his first snaps in August.
The answer is D, so yo listen up!
Someone asked me if Ezekiel Elliott was available in round 2 do the 49ers pull that trigger?

I am seriously torn on that...because I happen to think he will last until then.

Defensive line and safety seem to be their deepest positions. Also quarterback as long as Kaepernick is still with the team. Pretty much every other position could use a boost, with offensive line probably in the direst straits. Cornerback and inside linebacker are shaky. At least two of the team's wide receivers should be replaced asap.
President
GM
Head coach
Offensive coordinator
Defensive coordinator
QB
Oline
Pass rusher
Our biggest need is to not eat 90 Lbs of cherries before a game and then take a giant S--t on the field....
Originally posted by reasonable1:
Someone asked me if Ezekiel Elliott was available in round 2 do the 49ers pull that trigger?

I am seriously torn on that...because I happen to think he will last until then.

Not sure I'd spend a high pick on a RB with so many other needs. If they need to jockey around in order to find OL and an OLB then they need to do that rather than take Elliott.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
President
GM
Head coach
Offensive coordinator
Defensive coordinator
QB
Oline
Pass rusher

A++++++++++++++++++++
Share 49ersWebzone