LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 309 users in the forums

The key to fixing the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Please get rid of tomsula.... please
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:

I don't have anyone in particular in mind to fill the GM and HC positions...what I'd like to see is Jed hire a better talent evaluator and a tough-minded HC with some experience at the position. Tomsula got dealt a crappy hand...and seems destined to fail. Too bad, for he's one of the best position coaches we've had in years. There again, it was Jed/Baalke's job to hire the best coach they could, but whoever it was would have a hard time succeeding with this year's team. Be that as it may, I think a clean sweep is the best solution once this putrid season's over.

I think above everything else, Jed needs to step back. Let someone with experience and a record of success determine who the GM will be and in conjunction with that GM, determine who the head coach will be. Let Marathe work his magic on the salary cap and the business side of things but keep him out of the coaches box and office and off the field. Let Jed shake hands and kiss babies in his preparation for his eventual failed political career.
Originally posted by susweel:
Stopped reading at keeping baalke.

lol
Originally posted by communist:
It's ElephantHaley, a mentally retarded version of susweel.

Whatever dude, how you defend Baalke STILL after this dumpster fire he has created that in itself shows me you're a joke of a football mind. If you clearly cannot see that there are NO ZERO NADA impact Baalke draft picks since 2012. If there was, the 49ers wouldn't be sitting at 2-6 would they? Thats elemetary my dear elementary.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Well, even if that is true, hope is all we have, the alternative is basically being the Cleveland Browns and bouncing from HC and GM to HC and GM, with no consistent philosophy and rosters of mismatched toys that one guy drafted for one system but got fired, added on to by guys drafted and coached by some other guys who were also then fired too, its a very bleary, dark future.
This. And that is why I would keep Baalke and even extend him through 2017. Why? Because I'm afraid that he would mortgage our future through FA next off-season if 2016 could be his last.
I dont want to have guys like Dimitroff or the former Bears' GM in here at all. Baalke is certainly not that bad.
Thank you, that's actually very interesting. So you got a different take on the current situation? One that does not involve a regime change?
Well, even if that is true, hope is all we have, the alternative is basically being the Cleveland Browns and bouncing from HC and GM to HC and GM, with no consistent philosophy and rosters of mismatched toys that one guy drafted for one system but got fired, added on to by guys drafted and coached by some other guys who were also then fired too, its a very bleary, dark future.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Whatever dude, how you defend Baalke STILL after this dumpster fire he has created that in itself shows me you're a joke of a football mind. If you clearly cannot see that there are NO ZERO NADA impact Baalke draft picks since 2012. If there was, the 49ers wouldn't be sitting at 2-6 would they? Thats elemetary my dear elementary.
having a definite opinion about the 2014 draft is even way beyond mentally retarded, it's either pure arrogance or trolling.
Like I mentioned, I think its that Silicon Valley deal. Jed was trying to be smarter than the average bear, he would forge a new path and come up with a new way for football success and it blew up in his face. It was pure hubris and ego, Jed drinking his own Kool-Aid, with him and Baalke seeing far more in Tomsula than what was actually there. I think Jed is eager to make his mark on the team in terms of being a reason for his success but Harbaugh completely overshadowed him. Now he has no Harbaugh and the team is losing games left and right.

The best that we can hope for is that this turns out to be a "lightbulb" moment for Jed where he realizes that he screwed up badly, that he doesn't have all the angles figured out and that it would be better to step back a bit and allow someone with a track record for success in running teams to take center stage. Jed seems to badly want to be Eddie Debartolo and have everyone love and praise him but his approach right now is bringing him closer to being Daniel Snyder.

So many good points brought up in this thread that can be looked back at why we were so good in the dynasty days and how we failed here. The main point is lack of football guys in the building.

You hear story's all the time of how Eddie had fired Bill numerous times and then a McVay would talk to Eddie and to eddies credit he would realize he wasn't a football guy. The results speak for themself.

Everything under Jed's been rushed and lacking football expertise. From immediately removing the interim label on Sing, when if he waited just 2 weeks all the big WCO guys were avail (Shanny, Holmgren and Gruden). Would we of got one, who knows but we should have made the effort. We've already went over how badly he handled the Harbs situation. I've said it on numerous threads, you just CAN'T make it look like you back stabbed and Fire a successful coach like that. It burns so many bridges in the industry.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Nov 1, 2015 at 5:23 PM ]
Originally posted by rebel4life:
Thank you, that's actually very interesting. So you got a different take on the current situation? One that does not involve a regime change?

The only take is that the Yorks need to do what they've needed to do for about a decade and hire an experienced football executive to run the football operations. Without that, I think success will always be fleeting because the guys at the top don't understand how a football team should be run and thus conflict will always be inevitable.

So yeah, I'm hoping for the best and hoping that they snap out of it, there's really only one good solution and that is it. They could hire a new GM and a new HC and eventually I suspect there will be some sort of drama and things will be mismanaged from the very top and it will all fall apart, likely sooner than later.

Regardless of who they hire, if they don't have someone overseeing things on the football side, its doomed to fall apart.
having a definite opinion about the 2014 draft is even way beyond mentally retarded, it's either pure arrogance or trolling.

He's just trying to derail someone else's thread...,Phoenix already asked him to take it to the Trent thread.

[OT] How do I get rid of this stupid red vertical bar next to my ID?
Originally posted by Niners816:
So many good points brought up in this thread that can be looked back at why we where so good in the dynasty days and how we failed here. The main point is lack of football guys in the building.

You hear story's all the time of how Eddie had fired Bill numerous times and then a McVay would talk to Eddie and to eddies credit he would realize he wasn't a football guy. The results speak for themself.

This. There were guys like McVay that acted as buffers, that kept the crazy under wraps. You need a guy like that, this team hasn't had a guy like that in a long, long time, its pretty much been the Yorks winging it and trying to handle things as best as they can, which is to say, not well.

John McVay would basically be a perfect template for what I would like to see, or Rich McKay of the Falcons who was a successful NFL GM before becoming CEO.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 1, 2015 at 5:26 PM ]

Where are the 2014 Impact Draftees that are translating into wins or atleast looking like real prospects?? Where? Hyde? He runs hard but looks for contact and won't last in this league too much longer, Jimmie Ward?? a 1st rounder for a so so dimeback?? Marcus Martin?? Quite possibly just as bad of pick as AJ Jenkins because its like Martin isn't even there either. Aaron Lynch tries hard but he is far from elite. Acker? Mr Toast. Brandon Thomas couldn't even beat out Street Reject Jordan Devey. Ellington is Glass Joe.

Again where is the Impact from the 2014 Draft class WHERE?? I'm not trolling i'm just concerned and I want the person responcible to e fired.
Phoenix sorry I will not post again in this thread about Baalke, just was trying to defend myself from being name called.
Where are the 2014 Impact Draftees that are translating into wins or atleast looking like real prospects?? Where? Hyde? He runs hard but looks for contact and won't last in this league too much longer, Jimmie Ward?? a 1st rounder for a so so dimeback?? Marcus Martin?? Quite possibly just as bad of pick as AJ Jenkins because its like Martin isn't even there either. Aaron Lynch tries hard but he is far from elite. Acker? Mr Toast. Brandon Thomas couldn't even beat out Street Reject Jordan Devey. Ellington is Glass Joe.

Again where is the Impact from the 2014 Draft class WHERE?? I'm not trolling i'm just concerned and I want the person responcible to e fired.
not a Baalke-thread. And you are way too lunatic for a fruitful discussion.
Share 49ersWebzone