There are 226 users in the forums

The "48" this week

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Who will comprise of the 53 roster and game day 48?
[ Edited by 60sFan on Sep 5, 2022 at 1:17 PM ]
I actually expect Easton to be active, he's the only real center other than Martin on the roster. With how much has been brought up by intelligence, I can see him getting decently up to speed over the course of this week.

I can see Bell taking a seat due to Celek being more seasoned as a blocker which is the only real thing you need to have from your third TE.

I think TJE will play due to his versatility with Purcell sitting but they could go with Purcell's higher upside considering the monstrous preseason he had, even against higher caliber competition.

I think either White or Hayne will play, whichever guy looks better as a returner will be in the game.

I expect that Skov will get an inactive with Bowman and Wilhoite at ILB and the possibility of shifting Bellore there in an emergency situation.

I think Lemonier gets to play while Harold takes the bench.

I don't know who from the secondary ends up on the bench, Wright seems like an obvious suspect but maybe they want to defer to his experience.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Sep 6, 2015 at 10:11 AM ]
Brandon Thomas - maybe?
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Brandon Thomas - maybe?

I think Silberman sits before Thomas.
I wonder what the problem is with Brandon Thomas? He is not getting much opportunity.
2 o-lineman One of the TE's (Mcdonal injured)unless (Miller is Suspended), White, Davis,Purcel or TJE,Skov
Originally posted by 60sFan:
I wonder what the problem is with Brandon Thomas? He is not getting much opportunity.

He is basically still a rookie, i get the feeling that they are taking him along slowly.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

He is basically still a rookie, i get the feeling that they are taking him along slowly.

Not to mention he is prob still thinking about his knee. Gonna take some weeks for most athletes to get 100 percent comfortable, not worrying about re-injury..
Who of the 53 will sit this week against Minnesota? After reading MB article, I think it will be, DeAndrew White (although, not for long), Brandon Thomas (very disappointing), Nick Easton (because he is new), Shareece White (never thought much of him), Corey Lemenior (would have been cut if not for Aldon Smith),
Mike Purcell (until he is taught to play DE well enough) and Mike Davis (no way they keep a marketing boon like Hayne sit).

I agree but Easton may play
Hayne to play Monday Night football to collect the HYPE. But he is up to it.

I think JT wants to keep him off this game to hide him from Monday night football first up. Coach the secret is already out of the bottle champ!
Maybe Ward sits and Easton is in.

Thomas, Easton, Bell, White, Skov, TJE, Davis, Wright, Ward, Armstead. I think your 7 comes from this list.
Easton has to be active, no one else has the experience at Center that he has, Silberman will sit, along with Brandon Thomas IMO.

46 Man for me:

1. QB Kaepernick
2. QB Gabbert
3. RB Hyde
4. RB Bush
5. RB Davis
6. FB Miller
7. WR Boldin
8. WR Smith
9. WR Ellington
10. WR White
11. TE Davis
12. TE McDonald
13. TE Bell
14. C Martin
15. C Easton
16. LG Boone
17. RG Devey
18. LT Staley
19. RT Pears
20. RT Brown
21. DE Carradine
22. DE Dorsey
23. DE Dial
24. DE Armstead
25. NT Williams
26. OLB Brooks
27. OLB Lynch
28. OLB Harold
29. OLB Lemonier
30. ILB Bowman
31. ILB Wilhoite
32. ILB Skov
33. ILB Bellore
34. CB Brock
35. CB Acker
36. CB Reaser
37. CB Johnson
38. FS Reid
39. FS Ward
40. SS Bethea
41. SS Tartt
42. SS McCray
43. PK Dawson
44. P Pinion
45. LS Nelson
46. PR Hayne

Inactive 7:

1. WR Patton (Could be White though, I like White more though)
2. TE Celek (Bell is 3rd TE due to versatility, can be our emergency QB)
3. RG Thomas
4. OL Silberman
5. DE Jerod-Eddie (I don't see him playing OLB, rather have an actual LB playing OLB)
6. NT Purcell (Inactive because we can play Dorsey at NT if needed)
7. CB Wright (Worthless signing IMO, should have been cut)
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Easton has to be active, no one else has the experience at Center that he has, Silberman will sit, along with Brandon Thomas IMO.

Inactive 7:

1. WR Patton (Could be White though, I like White more though)
2. TE Celek (Bell is 3rd TE due to versatility, can be our emergency QB)
3. RG Thomas
4. OL Silberman
5. DE Jerod-Eddie (I don't see him playing OLB, rather have an actual LB playing OLB)
6. NT Purcell (Inactive because we can play Dorsey at NT if needed)
7. CB Wright (Worthless signing IMO, should have been cut)

This looks pretty good...maybe Easton for Wright. Depends on the game plan.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 10, 2015 at 7:51 AM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Brandon Thomas - maybe?

I think Silberman sits before Thomas.

Both looked miserable this preseason and don't ask me how Silberman even made the roster. He is weak.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I don't like the fact that Pinion will be the place holder.. I believe that it would be better if Bell is the place holder.. he's got great hands and would know how to throw the ball if needed!!
Share 49ersWebzone