LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 199 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS at HOUSTON TEXANS GAMEDAY THREAD 2015-Preseason Week 1

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
you act like he had 5 seconds to sit there

if looney did not chase the guy in front of him, he could have blocked 95

It looks like to me that Looney knocked the first blitzer on his ass (literally) and this would be his primary responsibility; and then he still had time to come back and help inside to his left off the same stunt (that's quickness!). #95 chasing CK was supposed to be picked up by Boone on a long loop (which he did initially) but didn't (couldn't) stay with him and sustain his block.

PS: Looney even pointed out the blitzer pre snap.
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 19, 2015 at 2:48 PM ]
what is a spot concept?
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
what is a spot concept?

Here is an example:

On the twin WR side, that is an example of a spot concept. It forms a triangle, this triangle was one of the secrets to Bill Walsh's offense. It provides both a vertical and horizontal stretch on a defense. There are different varations on this concept, the gif and play art provide by Thl on the top of this page is also an example. This is from the 1994 playbook.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Aug 19, 2015 at 2:38 PM ]
  • thl408
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
what is a spot concept?

Quick explanation.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/182144-all22-analysis-coverages-amp-concepts/page4/#post48

If anyone is interested in the film analysis threads after each game, this thread serves as a primer.
Originally posted by jreff22:
one completion breakdown lol

These criticisms are necessary!
Originally posted by thl408:
Might as well take a look at the one completion.
Spot concept; 5man blitz; can't tell coverage

Corner route is pushing deep defender back. Key defender (orange) follows the flat (horizontal stretch) and opens the passing lane to the curl.

Did anyone notice this quick spot concept worked b/c of Hyde's block? He took out 2 blitzes here.
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 19, 2015 at 6:56 PM ]
It seemed like we had a very nice emphasis on 1st down production in the first half despite not game planning. Way less predictable.
so just watched TJE being mic'd up...

and I hope Tramaine Brock got in touch with that little girl wearing his jersey (if it indeed had his last name on the back of it..lol). It would've made her world.
I just finally finished watching the entire game and I'm sure it was mentioned somewhere in this thread but one thing hasn't changed from last year. Penalties. Could have won this game, not that it matters, but in game situations need to be worked on. Too many holding calls.
Originally posted by 951NINER:
I just finally finished watching the entire game and I'm sure it was mentioned somewhere in this thread but one thing hasn't changed from last year. Penalties. Could have won this game, not that it matters, but in game situations need to be worked on. Too many holding calls.

phantom holding calls at that

The PI call on Brock on during the goal line stand was definitely BS. It was mostly our TE's doing the holding.

The PI call on Brock on during the goal line stand was definitely BS. It was mostly our TE's doing the holding.
the first hold on offense was BS also
  • MikeD
  • Veteran

I remember the play, think it was because Brock never turned around to look for the ball, not sure, it was the texas broadcast so they didn't make a big deal over it
That play to Boldin was good.

I hope they play Kap more next game.
Share 49ersWebzone