LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

49er TE Blake Bell

Shop Find 49ers gear online
4th Round Pick

Blake Bell | Tight End | Oklahoma

'The Bell-Dozer'
Huge upside. He will need a ton of coaching, and Sporano is the guy you want to do it.
Interesting pick. A 6'6" tight end... could be a nice red zone target. Former quarterback -- he sounds very, very raw.
Blake Bell TE Oklahoma

Height: 6-6. Weight: 252. 40 Time: 4.80. Projected Round (2015): 3-5. 4/27/15:

After playing quarterback in his early years, Bell moved to tight end as a senior. He recorded 16 receptions for 214 yards and four touchdowns in 2014. Sources with teams were impressed with Bell at the East-West Shrine and feel that he has really helped himself. Bell was able to get open with route-running and quickness. At his measurements, Bell has excellent size and length to be a receiving tight end in the next level. He showed surprising receiving ability as he used his size and leaping ability to go for catches in the middle of the field. His hands were also better than expected for a player who spent the majority of his collegiate career as a running quarterback. Entering the NFL, Bell will have to work on his blocking, but he is impressive as a receiver. After his solid week in Mobile, Bell has pushed himself into mid-round consideration and could crack the second day of the 2015 NFL Draft given the overall weakness at tight end.

The Belldozer
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Next Brent Jones?
Another project pick.....great
Love the pick. Big fan of Blake Bell. He's my #3 ranked TE after Williams and Walford. Kid is just barely scratching the surface of his potential. Think some NFL coaching at TE can turn this kid into a starter. He has almost unmatched athletic ability for the position and for his size. With some refinement in other areas, watch out in a year or two.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on May 2, 2015 at 10:06 AM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Project pick with potential. That's a fine 4th rd. pick.
Walter Football has him ranked as the 4th best TE in this yrs class

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Jeff Deeney ‏@PFF_Jeff

New #49ers TE Blake Bell ran 53.9% of his pass routes from the slot last year.
interesting
If there are two themes from our 2015 draft so far, it's this:

1. Size: We want BIG, athletic players
2. Projects: There will be a lot of emphasis on coaching and player development.

If Balke's vision comes into fruition, this will be one hell-of-a draft class!
After watching his highlights, I saw OU use him out of the backfield a lot. It reminded me somewhat of the way Trey Millard was used. I think Bell is more of a traditional tight end, but I'm really excited to watch both of these guys develop.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Right on we got our version of Jimmy Graham!!!!

Share 49ersWebzone