LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

The Jaquiski "Pop" Tartt Gonna Rip Your Face Off Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
I think Baalke is trying to get fired.

He's doing a great job if he is.

And who is going to fire him? Jed York? Hahahahahaha ...... ! Jed is Trent's boy.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Since07:
Originally posted by thatdudeRamon:
I can see this guy being played like Kam Chancellor or Rodney Harrison, very physical and rugged. I like it!

Ian Rapaport and some others are reporting that the Eagles and another team were trying to trade up for him.

Lmao if Eagles trade up for him and we take him

payback for the Eagles drafting Lito Shepard ahead of us and sticking us with Rumph
49ers selected Samford S Jaquiski Tartt with the No. 46 overall pick in the 2015 NFL draft.

Tartt (6'1/221) made 34 starts at Samford, piling up six career INTs and earning first-team All-American honors three times in the FCS. He ran 4.53 with a 10-foot-4 broad jump in Indy. Although Tartt primarily played free safety in college, his NFL projection is strong safety as an aggressive in-the-box tone setter. He's drawn some comparisons to Kam Chancellor. Tartt has a chance to become an eventual starting strong safety. He's the heir apparent to SS Antoine Bethea in San Francisco.

rotoworld.com

future starter
Jah-Quiz-Key
I get it - he may be good. BUT likely not a contributor this year. All my preferred 2nd round picks were off the board anyway, oh well.

You think JH had an ego - Baalke's ego trying to prove he is smarter with every pick is going to catch up with him and ruin this team. And then Tomsula will be fired for it. LOL
[ Edited by HearstFan on May 1, 2015 at 6:02 PM ]
Originally posted by HearstFan:
I get it - he may be good. BUT likely not a contributor this year. BUT much better WR talent still on the board - much better talent at a lot of positions that could help us left on the board. Ridiculous.

You think JH had an ego - Baalke's ego trying to prove he is smarter with every pick is going to catch up with him and ruin this team. And then Tomsula will be fired for it. LOL

This lol
Essentially what this allows us to do on passing downs is keep Johnson at outside CB for press coverage (doesn't have to shift over to the slot to cover bigger TE/WR's now), take either Bowman or Wilhoite off the field in coverage and sub him in and allow Ward to roam the slot as well in passing downs. He'll play a hybrid Chancellor-role and ST's for us right now and grow into the SS position...just like Ward with FS should something happen to Reid (concussions).

We just got some insight into Mangini's defense.
[ Edited by NCommand on May 1, 2015 at 6:04 PM ]
You all can mark my words right now, this kid is going to be a f**king stud.

He is Reids insurance to start, but this guy will be a pro bowl caliber SS within 3 years. Best SS fit for us in this draft IMO

Was not a huge fan of the Armstead pic.

This one however is going to be a home run.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on May 1, 2015 at 6:05 PM ]
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
49ers selected Samford S Jaquiski Tartt with the No. 46 overall pick in the 2015 NFL draft.

Tartt (6'1/221) made 34 starts at Samford, piling up six career INTs and earning first-team All-American honors three times in the FCS. He ran 4.53 with a 10-foot-4 broad jump in Indy. Although Tartt primarily played free safety in college, his NFL projection is strong safety as an aggressive in-the-box tone setter. He's drawn some comparisons to Kam Chancellor. Tartt has a chance to become an eventual starting strong safety. He's the heir apparent to SS Antoine Bethea in San Francisco.

rotoworld.com

future starter

He'll be more than that for us (right now)!
[ Edited by NCommand on May 1, 2015 at 6:02 PM ]

2. Jaquiski Tartt, SamfordJust an hour down the road from where Collins made himself the darling of the draft at safety, Tartt was quietly carving out NFL attention of his own at tiny Samford in Birmingham, Ala. Tartt is 6-1 and 221 pounds, and uses every bit of it in attacking ball carriers with a downhill, aggressive style. He made 53 tackles last season and just nine of them were assisted, showing his ability to get to the ball first and make the play without help. He was outstanding at the Senior Bowl and impressed reps from 18 clubs earlier this week with a 4.47 clocking in the40-yard dash at his pro day.NFL fit: Indianapolis Colts. Tartt would fill a definite need for Indianapolis, which will likely be addressing the defensive backfield relatively early in the draft. After Collins, not many safeties in this draft class will be able to step into a starting role quickly, but Tartt could be up to the challenge.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000483405/article/2015-nfl-draft-five-most-physical-defensive-backs
Originally posted by NCommand:
Essentially what this allows us to do is keep Johnson at outside CB for press coverage, take either Bowman or Wilhoite off the field in coverage and sub him in and allow Ward to roam the slot as well in passing downs. He'll play a hybrid-role and ST's for us and grow into the SS position...just like Ward with FS should something happen to Reid (concussions).

We just got some insight into Mangini's defense.

well its time to get some insight into this offense. all we need is 1 of those playmaker wr's just 1 and the draft is a success.
I really wanted Strong, so I was bummed about not getting him. The 49ers aren't the only team that keeps passing on Strong, so maybe there is a problem with him. I will definitely give Tartt a chance though.
nfl draft scout had him projected rounds 2-3.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/players.php?genpos=SS&draftyear=2015&sortorder=tsxpos&order=ASC
Originally posted by HearstFan:

Remember Bobby Beathard? His ego & "I'm smarter than everyone else" side-tracked the Chargers for years .... the day Trent goes will be a great day for the 49ers.
Share 49ersWebzone