LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

The Jaquiski "Pop" Tartt Gonna Rip Your Face Off Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • cools
  • Veteran
Demetrius Flannigan-FowlesCOULD BE a sleeperwho turns head sdown the road as a strong safety
[ Edited by cools on Mar 26, 2020 at 5:55 PM ]
Why does Grant Cohn suck so bad and still remains employed?
If we swapped him for adams, what would be the cap hit this year?
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

Not going to happen. We would have to give up more than just Tartt. Likely Tartt a 1st and an additional pick. I'm not sure what the cap hit would be ths year but next year is where the concern lies. We have a ton of key guys with expiring contracts at the end of the year.
Trent Williams, George Kittle, Richard Sherman, Kwaun Williams, Ahkello Weatherspoon, Kendrick Bourn, just to name a few.
Originally posted by Youngone:
Why does Grant Cohn suck so bad and still remains employed?

Heck, yeah, i'd Take that trade....Cohn the con for Adams.
Don't expect an Adams trade and unfortunately don't expect Tartt to be resigned so I do expect our 2021 1st rd pick to be a S, 2nd rd to be a CB.
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Don't expect an Adams trade and unfortunately don't expect Tartt to be resigned so I do expect our 2021 1st rd pick to be a S, 2nd rd to be a CB.

If that happens, I'd expect Moore to get his shot at FS while Ward slides over to strong. 1st round pick on a CB

SF would actually save a $1M this yr if they did this. They would add around $9.8M onto the cap in 2021 and wouldn't have to see a massive cap hit with a extension until 2022...it's a pipe dream, but not impossible to get done IMO.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jun 29, 2020 at 8:39 AM ]
Originally posted by 49ers808:

If that happens, I'd expect Moore to get his shot at FS while Ward slides over to strong. 1st round pick on a CB

Ward down in the box, he will last about 3 weeks before breaking a bone.

Sucks I kinda wanted to see Jared Mayden this off season...long shot UDFA, but he was a highly recruited kid, I think he lead Bama in INTs last yr?
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Sucks I kinda wanted to see Jared Mayden this off season...long shot UDFA, but he was a highly recruited kid, I think he lead Bama in INTs last yr?

He already plays some in the box, our Safeties are interchangeable in this scheme. Even played the slot still. And they already plan to bring him closer to the line of scrimmage this season, at least more often than last, to give him more playmaking opportunities instead of just taking away the deep ball. It's possible that they are doing this to transition him there if/when Tartt leaves

SF would actually save a $1M this yr if they did this. They would add around $9.8M onto the cap in 2021 and wouldn't have to see a massive cap hit with a extension until 2022...it's a pipe dream, but not impossible to get done IMO.

He wants an extension upon trade, if we wait till 2022 he'll be in the same sour ass mood he's in now, and ask for a trade if we tag him, plus we can't afford to keep Kittle, TW, Warner, Bosa, Deebo, Dre, McGlinchey and take on a $17M Safety. Even if we cut Kwon it won't help get Adams a new deal.

He already plays some in the box, our Safeties are interchangeable in this scheme. Even played the slot still. And they already plan to bring him closer to the line of scrimmage this season, at least more often than last, to give him more playmaking opportunities instead of just taking away the deep ball. It's possible that they are doing this to transition him there if/when Tartt leaves

https://www.49ers.com/news/jimmie-ward-kobe-bryant-mamba-mentality-takeaways-2020
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by matt49er:
I like Taart a lot but something floated on twitter about the future about the position was intriguing to me:

Taart is a FA after this year, Ward can play both safety spots & with Moore's speed and potential, could we be lined up to insert Moore at FS in 2021 sliding Ward to SS and letting Taart walk?

Sweet Tartt is BFF's with Ward and by default, Saleh. I doubt he goes anywhere and would sign a cheaper deal here just like Ward did.

But if not, T.Moore is more equipped for SS over Ward but TBF, both S positions are pretty interchangeable. But maybe Saleh goes back to more traditional C3 with Woods gone???

Maybe Taart will end up with whatever team Saleh ends up head coaching.

It's weird the only yr he actually plays a full season, he's used primarily as a FS. I know he can play every position in the secondary. He's best suited IMO to play FS though. I see no point using him as a box safety.

single-high is pretty damn important in this cover 3 scheme. There's opportunities for turnovers, he just didn't get them this yr. That's in part because of our DL.

I will disagree the plan is to move him to SS. He will break down again if that happens IMO.

It's weird the only yr he actually plays a full season, he's used primarily as a FS. I know he can play every position in the secondary. He's best suited IMO to play FS though. I see no point using him as a box safety.

single-high is pretty damn important in this cover 3 scheme. There's opportunities for turnovers, he just didn't get them this yr. That's in part because of our DL.

I will disagree the plan is to move him to SS. He will break down again if that happens IMO.

Some of his injuries were soft tissue injuries and had nothing to do with physical contact, if you're trying to insinuate that him playing FS and further away from the action was the reason he played the whole season. I don't know what the plan is, just was saying it could be an option if Tartt does leave, with Ward already signed and Moore waiting in the wings. Ward is by far the better tackler of those two and Moore may be able to cover more ground with his speed as the FS of the two. But to your point, he can just as easily break down again playing FS vice SS
Share 49ersWebzone