There are 190 users in the forums

The Jaquiski "Pop" Tartt Gonna Rip Your Face Off Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Tartt looked good last night.

He was doing well in his assignments but the play where he got evaluated for a concussion - just poor all around. He didn't wrap up, he didn't deliver a big hit like he could've, he kind of half rolled at a guys legs and took a foot to the back of the head. He does stupid stuff like this all the time and gets himself hurt.
Yea this dude isn't a good safety. Just barely average. He'll be back to taking poor angles and dropping easy int's soon enough.
That was not good in space in not coming close to making that tackle on the long Chiefs TD. Need more consistent play on the backend this year - if Tartt ends up starting, I hope he can provide this & also produce some TOs.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
He's the last of the Baalke picks that needs to get cleaned out.
These last two games are like a microcosm of his career. Splash plays. Concussion. Bone-headed play. If this dude could put it all together and play consistently and stay healthy, he has the potential to be a top SS in this league.
Originally posted by NCommand:
These last two games are like a microcosm of his career. Splash plays. Concussion. Bone-headed play. If this dude could put it all together and play consistently and stay healthy, he has the potential to be a top SS in this league.

I don't see this at all. The guy can only make plays on the line of scrimmage. Get him out in space and he becomes a big liability. Another open field missed tackle that went the distance this weekend.
Originally posted by Hitman49:

I don't see this at all. The guy can only make plays on the line of scrimmage. Get him out in space and he becomes a big liability. Another open field missed tackle that went the distance this weekend.

Tartt is too often in position to make plays and doesn't make them. One of the only reasons he is a starter is because he can cover TEs better than Exum and Harris.

Hate to admit it but agree. He is such a physical specimen but needs to put it all together this year, time is up.
Where is this guy? We have him listed as the starter at SS and he had that concussion about a month and a half ago. I don't remember ever seeing him on the field since..?
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Since07:
Where is this guy? We have him listed as the starter at SS and he had that concussion about a month and a half ago. I don't remember ever seeing him on the field since..?

He's there he just hasn't done much of anything

This guy has quietly play very well this season. Strong be the run, solid vs the pass, playing really well for us. Glad we locked him up last year
B
Originally posted by Since07:

He's played pretty solid. Not giving up any big plays and helping in run support.
  • TyCore
  • Veteran
Ive noticed he flies under the radar because his highlight plays are spectacular but not a regular occurrence.

I'll never forget him taking Marshawn Lynch's feet out from underneath him while bucking him in the air six feet backward.
Always liked Eric Reid More. Always saw Tartt as a good backup. If he were still in that role, he'd probably have 100% love on this board. I think they liked the athletic ability of Tartt, but I don't see much else beyond that save for an ESPN worthy highlight here and there.
Originally posted by TyCore:
Ive noticed he flies under the radar because his highlight plays are spectacular but not a regular occurrence.

I'll never forget him taking Marshawn Lynch's feet out from underneath him while bucking him in the air six feet backward.

This rings a bell, pun intended
Share 49ersWebzone