LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

Jacksonville Jaguar Arik Armstead-DT Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by walker807:
My guess is because most people see this as Armsteads last year. Right now AA is better. Thomas though has another 3 years left of team control on his rookie deal. If AA does even better, he gets even more expensive. I get the feeling that the future plan is to let AA walk after this year and use that money on a DeFo extension.

And we would get a draft pick if he walks.

Im hoping AA and Thomas ball out this year. Having 3 studs in the middle would not be a bad thing come years end. Would make Defo negotiations easier, could potentially result in some unexpected draft capital in the form of draft picks, or maybe we go into next year with all 3 yet again in a push for a title.
If both AA and ST have great yrs then we will have not just a world class DL but also, a world class rotation along the entire DL. And THAT would make for interesting choices next yr.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
What do you consider GREAT for those two?
Originally posted by 9moon:
What do you consider GREAT for those two?

10-6 record
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
They want to extend Armstead so bad. He just needs to be consistent.
Originally posted by okdkid:

They really do. He'll probably get extended before Buckner, which will probably drive many fans mad lol.

AA is going into his fifth year, yet he's only 25 years old.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jul 28, 2019 at 3:43 PM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:

They really do. He'll probably get extended before Buckner, which will probably drive many fans mad lol.

Makes sense. They want either Armstead or Thomas to self-declare their interest in being here long term with their play this year.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Would love to see AA back here on a five year deal.

Originally posted by Heroism:

No question. He really has filled out. Looks very strong right now. Buckner is his BFF.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Sounds like they're talking AA up for a trade

Dude can't play football
[ Edited by Boldjames on Jul 28, 2019 at 8:00 PM ]
I'm done waiting for Armstead to blossom I've come to the conclusion that he's a serviceable player that can push the pocket but won't ever be a good pass rusher and seems to always be just out of reach of making a play. Hope he stays on the team though he's a great rotational player
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'd keep him on the team for depth, but not pay him much.
Originally posted by mayo49:
I'd keep him on the team for depth, but not pay him much.

Maybe he takes a Malcom Brown type deal (3 yrs $15M) I think he's more versatile than him though. Henry Anderson got a 3yr $25M deal

IMO he's gonna get paid higher than people think. He could possibly be cool with taking a little discount because he's from the area (and SF paid him around $19M to pretty much be a rotational guy up until now).

I'm still holding out hope on ST though.
Share 49ersWebzone