There are 227 users in the forums

Jacksonville Jaguar Arik Armstead-DT Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
That's what happens when you give a guy a big contract after he only performs in his contract year.

#RelaxationTour
[ Edited by JimmyWhy on Aug 15, 2020 at 10:17 AM ]
I've never been a big fan of this guy. Up until last year he was one of the main guys most of this board wanted to get rid of. One good season on a contract year. Now his back hurts on the first day of camp? Softest big dude. So far 5 years with one healthy season.
Originally posted by JimmyWhy:
That's what happens when you give a guy a big contract after he only performs in his contract year.

#RelaxationTour

Didn't take long for the overreactions to begin.
[ Edited by SFrush on Aug 15, 2020 at 10:30 AM ]
Originally posted by SFrush:

It's not an overreaction when it's a normality. The overreaction came when he had 1 good season and everyone forgot how soft he was even Lynch and Co.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Howlett49:

It's not an overreaction when it's a normality. The overreaction came when he had 1 good season and everyone forgot how soft he was even Lynch and Co.

all
of
this

It is an overreaction, so he has back irritation, big deal, players get hurt in sports all the time, people need to stop acting like this isn't a dangerous sport.
Got paid. Now he can stop the PEDs.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

It is an overreaction, so he has back irritation, big deal, players get hurt in sports all the time, people need to stop acting like this isn't a dangerous sport.

It's day 1 AB. He didn't get hurt playing the sport. It's not an overreaction if he's normally hurt. Then it's just a normal reaction. It's an overreaction because it's minor and it's day 1 I get it. When you're used to seeing the guy hurt all the time any reaction is fair.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Or they just studied the film and Armstead showed how dominant he was which is the reason for his big contract.

Awww s**t. Here we go...

How'd he got hurt before a first practice

Let's go AA
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Or they just studied the film and Armstead showed how dominant he was which is the reason for his big contract.

When healthy. The best ability is availability. I guess we will find out this year if he's truly shaken the injury bug. Not a great start on day 1 and fair to sense some frustration from fans out the gate. Same can be said for Jimmy Ward. Maybe he can stay healthy going forward. I'm not denying their skill set.

Dominant when he is trying to get paid. Certifiably lazy with a deep fondness for faking injuries at all other times.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

When healthy. The best ability is availability. I guess we will find out this year if he's truly shaken the injury bug. Not a great start on day 1 and fair to sense some frustration from fans out the gate. Same can be said for Jimmy Ward. Maybe he can stay healthy going forward. I'm not denying their skill set.

Exactly, when healthy. But he's been healthy the last two seasons so how was it an overreaction by Lynch and Co.?? The x-factor is Kris Kocurek for bringing the best outta Armstead and the D-line as a whole, which is why I think the term clean up sacks used against Buckner and any D-lineman on the 9ers is absurd.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by JimmyWhy:

Dominant when he is trying to get paid. Certifiably lazy with a deep fondness for faking injuries at all other times.

Armstead has been healthy the past two seasons WTF are you talking about. Like I just stated in a previous post, Kris Kocurek is the x-factor to the whole D-line.
Share 49ersWebzone