There are 88 users in the forums

Oscar Garcia, RIP.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Since 2011 I have been fighting sarcoma cancer. I've had 2 huge tumors removed over the years each around 10 pounds. One shaped like a football and one like a basketball.

The last one I had removed this January. The basketball in my abdomen. These things grow so aggressive and fast in 2-3 months it went from the size of an egg to a basketball.

1 month after the tumor was removed on black Monday (Willis retirement) I got results from a CT-SCAN. 5 new tumors had grown all over my abdomen.

Got a bucket list going on now and going to live each day like its my last

My team of doctors at UCSF, kaiser, and UCLA are out of options. No more chemotherapy will affect this cancer. This cancer is so rare 10k adults get diagnosed a year. Doctors don't think surgery is an option anymore, every time they open me up and remove one 2-3 new ones start growing

Because of this there's little research being done. I even done treatments with The biggest expert in the USA doing clinical trials at UCLA.

One trial did start working for me but after a few months my cancer became immune to the treatment. And the tumor that shrank from the size of an apple to the size of an egg blew up to the size of a basketball.

With the 5 new tumors my body will only handle so much until they grow so large that it will kill me. My doctors think I have 1-2months left.

I have started hospice end of life care. Which has been great. I'm finally on the right medication that doesn't knock me out all day and I'm way more active. The sad thing is I'm only 33yrs old.

I'm writing this in hope that my story can be said and spread the word on sarcoma awareness. We need more research being done.

you can read more about my story and get updates @
http://www.gofundme.com/OscarsFightWithCan

I've seen the power of the Webzone do some special things.
  • Chez
  • Hall of Fame
OMG dude! FUuuuuuuuuuuu, I don't even know what to say.
  • mod
  • Veteran
So sorry to hear that man. It seems you have the right attitude though. What is on your bucket list and what can the Webzone do to help you check things off?
  • mod
  • Veteran
I cant get your gofundme page to open
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Terrible to hear you're dealing with that at such a young age . Can't believe how rapidly it's growing. Tried to check out the page and your link doesn't work.
Thanks for sharing your story dude. Peace be with you.
  • Chez
  • Hall of Fame
your link isn't working. Probably the ".con" and looks like it was cut off.
  • mod
  • Veteran
yeah let us know if there is anything you want to cross off the list... a lot of us have connections
Prayers with you. So sorry man. Nothing can be said really. you'll inspire me to live each day like they could be my last. I hope you find peace
[ Edited by Dajanksta on Apr 6, 2015 at 11:33 AM ]

• mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
your link isn't working. Probably the ".con" and looks like it was cut off.

this. you need to put up a clickable link and/or the full website so we can see your site.

Also, share some of what you are trying to accomplish here on the Zone. Some may be able to donate, but others may have connections to help you accomplish your goals.
Originally posted by mod:

Good work.
  • DRnSFw
  • Veteran
sorry to hear that man
so sorry to hear that
Share 49erswebzone