49ers Offensive Line

Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Mike Person is becoming the new Kirk Scrafford. Both Montana guys as well lol.

Person has become a really solid player here.

I've always liked Person. Seeing him play immediately after Toran really makes you appreciate him that much more.

Ideally, next year he's our top backup with another quality starting guard in his place.

That should go for both average G's and a young high ceiling challenger for Richburg too. Won't happen but we can dream right?
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 11, 2019 at 7:19 AM ]

I've always liked Person. Seeing him play immediately after Toran really makes you appreciate him that much more.

Ideally, next year he's our top backup with another quality starting guard in his place.

That should go for both average G's and a young high ceiling challenger for Richburg too. Won't happen but we can dream right?

I mean it might? That tends to be the approach of Lynch's front office. Target a couple of positions a year and give them a total makeover. Interior line is definitely on the short list for next year. I could see a free agent and two draft picks split amongst G and C.
They got Dunlap and Atkins this week better line than Tampa lets see how our guys do. Tomlinson needs to step it up Richburg too.

The only reason you draft a high ceiling challenger for Richburg is if you believe his signing was a mistake. Jury is still out on that.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

The only reason you draft a high ceiling challenger for Richburg is if you believe his signing was a mistake. Jury is still out on that.

That's probably true unless he can challenge at both C and G too.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:

I mean it might? That tends to be the approach of Lynch's front office. Target a couple of positions a year and give them a total makeover. Interior line is definitely on the short list for next year. I could see a free agent and two draft picks split amongst G and C.

Yeah, it definitely seems more like #UnitByUnit for sure.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 11, 2019 at 10:08 AM ]

IMO, it is a necessity.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

That may be done for cap reasons too. As one position absorbs a ton of cap money, the other previously upgraded positions become cheaper - from a cap perspective, that way you have some sort of cap stability and not a cap spike that breaks the cap barrier and throws you into cap hell.

Crazier things have happened brother. Sherm being a 49er a prime example.

Originally posted by 24karat49er:
They got Dunlap and Atkins this week better line than Tampa lets see how our guys do. Tomlinson needs to step it up Richburg too.

Not sure they do. Vea and Suh together is better than Atkins. Geno's good, don't get me wrong, but it's not like we're going from scrubs to all-stars. I'd rank their D-lines pretty close.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

But.....but.....but.... we were told that our O-line sucked as pass protection
Originally posted by jonnydel:

But.....but.....but.... we were told that our O-line sucked as pass protection

Right, For at least a week people need to 🤫 and say they had a good game regarding PP. now we gotta see if they can continue.

Funny thing is our passing game sucked balls. Poor QB play and poor WR play overall there. Like I keep saying it's not just one thing, it's all about synergy.

Share 49erswebzone