LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Samerson449:
This article says we can get nearly 40-50 million in cap space if we restructure some contracts.

No not really...it explains ways we can create some space not an extra $25-$30M. If you're cutting guys like Coleman/jet you gotta sign another RB that's not changing anything. You cut Tarrt you gotta sign another SS that's not changing anything either, plus those are relatively low cap hits for starters at those positions (minus Jet).

You might be able to add a couple more yrs/throw money into a signing bonus for JG BUT that's not gonna make an extra $20M in cap space, it's just not. IF they cut JG sure, but that means we have bigger issues and who gives a s**t if we have $50M in cap space with no QB.

As of today we have around $25M in cap space in 2020, that doesn't include if SF signs someone after cuts in a couple week and doesn't account for the rookie pool for 2020.

Everything else that article stats is just speculation and ideas.

I guess you didn't read the article because it doesn't fit your agenda. Whatever. We're in salary cap hell and niners are gonna suck for the next decade because we have little cap space. Whatever fits your agenda
Originally posted by cciowa:
Then how do you suggest 49ers "improve" their terrible o line? You don't have any suggestions you just spew bs to try and fit your agenda

NCS so called agenda is to fix the offensive line which has been bad in pass protection for years. i see nothing wrong with that. the offensive line is fine... how did you come to that conclusion in regards to pass protection over the last few years

RICHBURG IS GOOD WHEN HEALTHY. STALEY AND GLINCH ARE STUDS. TOMLINSON AND PERSON ARE AVERAGE. SO 2 POSITIONS ARENT TERRIBLE. THEIRS AN AGENDA ON HERE AND IM EXPOSING PEOPLE ON IT

Pass protection has gotten worse over the last two years that's a fact
Richburg was terrible last year. That is another fact.

I will be happy to praise the line when they show they can protect the FQB we have been waiting for for so long.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Then how do you suggest 49ers "improve" their terrible o line? You don't have any suggestions you just spew bs to try and fit your agenda

NCS so called agenda is to fix the offensive line which has been bad in pass protection for years. i see nothing wrong with that. the offensive line is fine... how did you come to that conclusion in regards to pass protection over the last few years

RICHBURG IS GOOD WHEN HEALTHY. STALEY AND GLINCH ARE STUDS. TOMLINSON AND PERSON ARE AVERAGE. SO 2 POSITIONS ARENT TERRIBLE. THEIRS AN AGENDA ON HERE AND IM EXPOSING PEOPLE ON IT

I will be happy to praise the line when they show they can protect the FQB we have been waiting for for so long.

Fine then fire lynch and shanny and rehire baalke. That's what you want right?

So joe Staley and mcglinchey suck then right? Wow. Can't believe you just said Staley and glinch sucks.
[ Edited by Samerson449 on Aug 22, 2019 at 7:35 PM ]

Richburg was also dealing with an injury in which he has had surgery on this off-season. He is good when injured but it doesn't fit your agenda. So whatever. Apparently Staley and glinch sucks and o line is "terrible" with 2 stud tackles and a good center.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Technically he wouldn't have to suck this season. If he does well they can extend him 2 years and save 18mil. This is from AB. I'm not smart enough to figure that out

Where are you getting a savings of $18M by adding yrs to JG's contract? I didn't see that anywhere in that article.

Also if he does ball out why would he want to add yrs to his current contract? They can convert some money to a signing bonus (push money down the road) but players don't want added yrs without more guaranteed cash.

I mean look at Dak, he wants $40M per lol, every QB with a current contact wants to get closer to FA not add more yrs.

SF isn't gonna be cap strapped BUT they're more than likely not gonna be pushing for top 5 in cap space like people keep saying. They got current contracts to work on for two premier guys as well.

Fine then fire lynch and shanny and rehire baalke. That's what you want right?

I want to see winning football and a FQB flourish.

So joe Staley and mcglinchey suck then right? Wow. Can't believe you just said Staley and glinch sucks.

LOL, I didn't say that.
I said: Pass protection has gotten worse over the last two years

You literally just quoted me.

Richburg was also dealing with an injury in which he has had surgery on this off-season. He is good when injured but it doesn't fit your agenda. So whatever. Apparently Staley and glinch sucks and o line is "terrible" with 2 stud tackles and a good center.

LOL, I didn't say that.

Pass protection got worse because beathard holds ge ball too long. But whatever it doesn't fit your agenda. Appararently our o line is "terrible" with 2 stud tackles and a good center.

• jcs
  • Veteran

Reread what he said, he has a valid point when you consider how many qb hits and sacks our online gave up last year compared to the league average. This preaseason they've looked like Swiss cheese with defenders living in the backfield.

LOL, I didn't say that.

Pass protection got worse because beathard holds ge ball too long. But whatever it doesn't fit your agenda. Appararently our o line is "terrible" with 2 stud tackles and a good center.

I said, as quoted above:
Pass protection has gotten worse over the last two years
Richburg was terrible last year.

I hope the unit is better this year, JG needs time as he gets back to developing into a FQB.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Man, it is sad when we have to talk about contracts / numbers instead of the actual play of these dudes. It's only preseason

Backups >>> starters

People are throwing themselves over the edge because of a couple poor PP plays this preseason with backups all over the place.

When this happens fans talk about FA and bringing in top end talent at the IOL position. My whole pt is unlike the past couple yrs, we actually have money committed to players and don't have this absurd amount of cash to burn like in the past.

Sure we can make some moves like any other team to get a little more cap relief, but unless some of our top paid guy forget how to play football SF isn't gonna have top 5 cap space...which is fine.

Originally posted by NinerGM:
I think we're being trolled.

On the positive side, we get a couple guys back for practice, cut one dude and elevated another from the PS. Hopefully, we don't get anymore injuries.
Final cuts in a couple more weeks, I guess quite a few (oline) moves are on the way (I hope they're good ones).

Another false narrative. And this kid claims others have an agenda and don't read? LOL.

*stirs it up and leaves*
Just so you know, we're not alone.

Share 49ersWebzone