LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Samerson449:
Then how do you suggest 49ers "improve" their terrible o line? You don't have any suggestions you just spew bs to try and fit your agenda

The draft next year? LOL

What agenda is that?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Then how do you suggest 49ers "improve" their terrible o line? You don't have any suggestions you just spew bs to try and fit your agenda

NCS so called agenda is to fix the offensive line which has been bad in pass protection for years. i see nothing wrong with that. the offensive line is fine... how did you come to that conclusion in regards to pass protection over the last few years
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
The draft next year? LOL

What agenda is that?

i did not want to go into romper room any further with 449. sounds like we are pinning alot of hopes on garnett to be a good guard for us. do you have any confidence that will happen
Originally posted by cciowa:

NCS so called agenda is to fix the offensive line which has been bad in pass protection for years. i see nothing wrong with that. the offensive line is fine... how did you come to that conclusion in regards to pass protection over the last few years

RICHBURG IS GOOD WHEN HEALTHY. STALEY AND GLINCH ARE STUDS. TOMLINSON AND PERSON ARE AVERAGE. SO 2 POSITIONS ARENT TERRIBLE. THEIRS AN AGENDA ON HERE AND IM EXPOSING PEOPLE ON IT
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

RICHBURG IS GOOD WHEN HEALTHY. STALEY AND GLINCH ARE STUDS. TOMLINSON AND PERSON ARE AVERAGE. SO 2 POSITIONS ARENT TERRIBLE. THEIRS AN AGENDA ON HERE AND IM EXPOSING PEOPLE ON IT
for the sake of tranquility and my own warning level. i will just say i respectfully disagree with you in regards to the guards. the center is not healthy and we have no clue how good he really is for us. staley is fine but aging. no depth. based upon the last three years and before that.. not matter the qb.. no.. this team is not good at protecting our qbs
oh s**t he used all caps. that's how you truly expose agenda's

for the sake of tranquility and my own warning level. i will just say i respectfully disagree with you in regards to the guards. the center is not healthy and we have no clue how good he really is for us. staley is fine but aging. no depth. based upon the last three years and before that.. not matter the qb.. no.. this team is not good at protecting our qbs

Fine fire lynch shanny then for having such "terrible" o line with 2 studs and a good center. Makes so much sense for everyone here with their agenda
Originally posted by lamontb:
oh s**t he used all caps. that's how you truly expose agenda's

Fine fire lynch shanny then for having such "terrible" o line with 2 studs and a good center. Makes so much sense for everyone here with their agenda

So you're perfectly fine with Garoppolo's protection this year? No concerns? Everything is rainbows and unicorns?

So you're perfectly fine with Garoppolo's protection this year? No concerns? Everything is rainbows and unicorns?

Yup we're making playoffs this year. Jimmy g is gonna ball. We finally have a good defense. Coleman and Brieda are gonna tear it up. Kittle is gonna have another monster year. Too bad in your eyes the season is over because of our "terrible" o line with 2 stud tackles and a good center

Correct. And I believe your figure of $25M total is accurate and does include the red plus the $25M rollover, therefore $24.7M. Nothing more. I hadn't realized he included them both together already this time which is why I was thrown off.

Okay sweet I think we're on the same page lol.

As of 8/22/19 SF, if they roll over what they currently have will be at around $25M as far as cap space goes in 2020. Now that can change with cuts/extensions/restructures etc...but at this point that's all speculation.
LOL.

Translation. If you were hoping for a premium OL in FA, f*getaboutit.

Pretty much, I mean they'll have some cash but I highly doubt it will go towards a IOL based on the staff and current available cash.

We will see...
Is everyone here really talking about salary cap issues? WE HAVE THE BEST SALARY CAP GUY IN THE NFL AND HIS NAME IS PARAAGE MARATHE!!! DONT WORRY ABOUT CAP. WE HAVE NEVER HAD ISSUES WITH SALARY CAP SINCE MARATHE HAS BEEN HERE. the offensive line is fine. Too many negative people here trying to fit their agenda. This is a good team that will take the next step and be in playoff contention this season.

We have never had salary cap issues BECAUSE we've never had top end talent to PAY and WE NEVER have gone after big FAs until recently....HENCE why we don't have jack s**t for cap space in 2020. They've finally spent some of that cash.
The draft next year? LOL

What agenda is that?

Right? that's a weird statement for him to make lol...if there was one guy in here that wanted to blow all the cap space on OL it's been you for yrs haha.

SF has had a dog s**t roster top to bottom for yrs, they had to spread that cash around to help fill the roster with some talent. Also when you get failed top end picks like Foster (had to pay Kwon) those are problems they don't necessarily allow you to throw cash at a position like IOL.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Correct. And I believe your figure of $25M total is accurate and does include the red plus the $25M rollover, therefore $24.7M. Nothing more. I hadn't realized he included them both together already this time which is why I was thrown off.

Okay sweet I think we're on the same page lol.

As of 8/22/19 SF, if they roll over what they currently have will be at around $25M as far as cap space goes in 2020. Now that can change with cuts/extensions/restructures etc...but at this point that's all speculation.

Totally. I updated my Team Information cap section and will edit if AB enlightens us to anything new. I'm not certain how he figures the rollover amount; usually gives it to me right before FA.
Share 49ersWebzone