LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 400 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Yeah, I may have misread his site, but it looks like a cap space of 25 in 2020 and a 2019 rollover of just about 25. With the other 2 sites, makes no sense to me how they could be in the red in 2020 with current cap space, rollover, cap increase and de-escalating contracts. Maybe no projections factored in, but even then I don't see how they could be in the red next year as is. Either way they wont be up against the cap. That said I also don't know s**t about this lol. Generally go by AB who's always been accurate.

Same. You're a wise man.

$50M would be my guesstimate too. I'm sure he'll let us know within 24 hours.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
When it comes to cap stuff I trust AB...dude is VERY seldom wrong.

Unlike grant Cohen who's always wrong.
WTH?

Isn't the the o-line thread?

Or are you talking cap numbers because we have no o-line?
I don't understand this fetish that our oline sucks by a lot of people here. Mcglinchey is a stud. Staley is a hall of famer. Tomlinson is decent. Richburg is good when healthy. So that's 4 positions where we are good at.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Samerson449:
I don't understand this fetish that our oline sucks by a lot of people here. Mcglinchey is a stud. Staley is a hall of famer. Tomlinson is decent. Richburg is good when healthy. So that's 4 positions where we are good at.

It's the Chicken Little crowd that's crying about it.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by mayo49:

Of course, it is. Week 1 can't get here soon enough.

And then they use pff to prove their point when its a negative stat. But when it's a positive stat they say pff isn't an indicator of the player

And then they use pff to prove their point when its a negative stat. But when it's a positive stat they say pff isn't an indicator of the player

I go by how many times my qb gets pounded on, which we lead the league in again, so to me it's pretty straight Fwd.

Curious, what are you basing your analysis on that we have a "good" O-line?
I thought the OL played decent on mnf. We averaged about 6 ypc. The starting OL had 1 missed assignment but beyond that I thought they held up
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by frenchmov:
I thought the OL played decent on mnf. We averaged about 6 ypc. The starting OL had 1 missed assignment but beyond that I thought they held up

A side from Staley's whiff - the line played pretty good as the game went on.

Once the Bronco 1st teamers went out you mean? If this was a regular season game it would have been fugly. Richburg will make a difference, but he is an unknown right now.

• Giedi
  • Veteran

Line is getting healthy, Garnett and missing Person is back at practice and Richburg, hopefully can start practicing in a couple of days.

Do you watch games?
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Yeah, I may have misread his site, but it looks like a cap space of 25 in 2020 and a 2019 rollover of just about 25. With the other 2 sites, makes no sense to me how they could be in the red in 2020 with current cap space, rollover, cap increase and de-escalating contracts. Maybe no projections factored in, but even then I don't see how they could be in the red next year as is. Either way they wont be up against the cap. That said I also don't know s**t about this lol. Generally go by AB who's always been accurate.

Same. You're a wise man.

$50M would be my guesstimate too. I'm sure he'll let us know within 24 hours.

Per my man, AB. So for perspective, $24.7M is 6th most cap space today.

I have them at $24.71M in 2020 with carryover, they're over the cap next year, even with increase of $10M to around a $200M cap.

Also I expect the usual $25M to $30M in carryover.
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 22, 2019 at 3:47 AM ]
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:

I go by how many times my qb gets pounded on, which we lead the league in again, so to me it's pretty straight Fwd.

Can you please show me the stats that back this statement?
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

Once the Bronco 1st teamers went out you mean? If this was a regular season game it would have been fugly. Richburg will make a difference, but he is an unknown right now.

So OL depth is not an issue?

We are getting Person, Garnett, and hopefully Richburg soon. That certainly help the first team OL.
Share 49ersWebzone