There are 221 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by NCommand:
I thought...oh wait, Garnett happened again. SMH. So Person back to RG and Garland back to #1 C.

This OL could sink us. Zero depth too.

I'm guessing that since they know Person can play center, they are giving Garland reps in case Richburg isn't ready by kickoff...not sure who starts at center between Person / Garland. Well, we'll have depth at center but still not certain how well off we'll be against good defenses

The hope is Richberg will be ready by the season opener, but I highly doubt that. Maybe Garnett will get back on time for season opener and the team can at least have the option to start Person at center and Garnett at guard. The depth at the oline is really a concern.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by littleken:
The hope is Richberg will be ready by the season opener, but I highly doubt that. Maybe Garnett will get back on time for season opener and the team can at least have the option to start Person at center and Garnett at guard. The depth at the oline is really a concern.

Yeah, oline and CBs are definitely concerning, I hope the staff can get that right by kickoff...
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by littleken:

Yeah, oline and CBs are definitely concerning, I hope the staff can get that right by kickoff...

On the 53 man cutdown day, I hope we can add some depth to our interior Oline.

I have no idea if he's any good?
I saw Richburg working out this last Saturday at training camp. He was working hard and I didn't see any limping or issues. From what I saw I would say he is getting close to being back.
Originally posted by Izyniner:
I saw Richburg working out this last Saturday at training camp. He was working hard and I didn't see any limping or issues. From what I saw I would say he is getting close to being back.

great to hear!
Originally posted by NYniner85:

great to hear!

I'm going to say we really need him at 100% this year. Very important yet overlooked position.

great to hear!

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers808:

great to hear!

Originally posted by Cisco0623:
This interior o-line will be our downfall.

Maybe we could say, "it MIGHT" be our downfall. Let's give it a chance first...but i am obviously as worried as everyone else Maybe Hurd and Deboo are enough to get open quick allowing JG to get rid of the ball BANG!. At least that is what we can hope for.

Also we don't know yet what the youngster from Iowa at OG can do... maybe they know he can be a starter.

So what you are saying is he was not being a lazyniner

Pics or it didn't happen.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
This interior o-line will be our downfall.

Maybe we could say, "it MIGHT" be our downfall. Let's give it a chance first...but i am obviously as worried as everyone else Maybe Hurd and Deboo are enough to get open quick allowing JG to get rid of the ball BANG!. At least that is what we can hope for.

Also we don't know yet what the youngster from Iowa at OG can do... maybe they know he can be a starter.
I hope so as well. I just know it's the weaker part of our team. If these guys can stay healthy we should be fine. Tough division as well.
The O line will be a concern until we settle on a group of guys that can stay on the field. This is an area that has to be cohesive for any team to be successful. To me it's the heart of the offense. Even the best QB can't be great without protection. Same goes for the RB's. They don't get near the credit they deserve except by their teammates.
Jason spriggs just got cut from the packers former 2nd rd pick T/OG...I was a fan during the draft process.

Athletic lineman
Share 49ersWebzone