There are 170 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by Giedi:
I agree, on paper. On paper, they look real good and they definitely scheme fit Kyle's offense.

Yeah that's a plus and more veteran presence to push each other.

I was going to mention "iron sharpens iron" but in this case it might be [butter knives sharpening butter knives] ...we'll see

Well, even if these guy's don't break into the starting lineup, if they can make the depth better, that's still a positive. The draft nerds seem to be saying next year will be a better year for OLinemen. (they were saying that last year with regards to edge rushers this year)

That's good news since Staley will need to be replaced in the near future. We need to develop a new bunch to grow with McGlinch.

On another note, it's good to see the starters having fun and looking all beastly and hype over a Sharks game, but I hope they can bring this intensity / beastly manner and pour it on opposing teams' dlines. Weston worries me, he looks small in comparison to the others


The angles in this photo are all off. Staley looks ginormous. Richburg looks like he watches football, not plays, and Tomlinson just looks like a black dude that grew up in an all white neighborhood somewhere in Wisconsin.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on May 9, 2019 at 6:54 PM ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
The angles in this photo are all off. Staley looks ginormous. Richburg looks like he watches football, not plays, and Tomlinson just looks like a black dude that grew up in an all white neighborhood somewhere in Wisconsin.

And McG is 6-8 and doesn't look close to that there
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
The angles in this photo are all off. Staley looks ginormous. Richburg looks like he watches football, not plays, and Tomlinson just looks like a black dude that grew up in an all white neighborhood somewhere in Wisconsin.

And McG is 6-8 and doesn't look close to that there

who's the cat in front of Staley? sign him up
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 22,121
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by Giedi:
I agree, on paper. On paper, they look real good and they definitely scheme fit Kyle's offense.

Yeah that's a plus and more veteran presence to push each other.

I was going to mention "iron sharpens iron" but in this case it might be [butter knives sharpening butter knives] ...we'll see

Well, even if these guy's don't break into the starting lineup, if they can make the depth better, that's still a positive. The draft nerds seem to be saying next year will be a better year for OLinemen. (they were saying that last year with regards to edge rushers this year)

That's good news since Staley will need to be replaced in the near future. We need to develop a new bunch to grow with McGlinch.

On another note, it's good to see the starters having fun and looking all beastly and hype over a Sharks game, but I hope they can bring this intensity / beastly manner and pour it on opposing teams' dlines. Weston worries me, he looks small in comparison to the others


The angles in this photo are all off. Staley looks ginormous. Richburg looks like he watches football, not plays, and Tomlinson just looks like a black dude that grew up in an all white neighborhood somewhere in Wisconsin.

I was waiting for someone to point this all out...

I know that angles in photos can make big differences and I agree this one is way off unless Staley grew to 6'8 and gained 25 lbs
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 3,503
That interior is not very impressive
Originally posted by FaTaL:
That interior is not very impressive

It's really hard to imagine any of those guys going against the likes of Aaron Donald or Buckner (If had to). Richburg looks especially weak. He's got the body and shoulders of a couch potato in that pick.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on May 11, 2019 at 2:16 AM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,706
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by FaTaL:
That interior is not very impressive

It's really hard to imagine any of those guys going against the likes of Aaron Donald or Buckner (If had to). Richburg looks especially weak. He's got the body and shoulders of a couch potato in that pick.

I agree. I think center is one of the positions I'd like Kyle to develop more depth in. Maybe via free agency or next years draft. I do like the fact that some of the undrafted OLinemen that have been brought it, have some skills that can transfer to the center position.

That OLine is a big question mark going into 2019, but not as big a question mark as the edge rusher position from last year. We do have some good starters on that OLine and I think *if healthy* that OLine would be one of the better lines in the NFL.
Originally posted by NCommand:

No wonder McG gravitate towards Staley. Seemed like McG's mom got the same sense of humor as Staley.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,706
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
No wonder McG gravitate towards Staley. Seemed like McG's mom got the same sense of humor as Staley.

When Staley retires, it will become the Mike show.

[ Edited by NCommand on May 18, 2019 at 7:40 AM ]
One very underrated word.....

CONTINUITY...
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
One very underrated word.....

CONTINUITY...

That is certainly critical and even more so in this scheme.
Originally posted by NCommand:
That is certainly critical and even more so in this scheme.

Yezzir!!
Keep your eyes on Ross Reynolds from Iowa...starting OG for them in 2018 but can play all 3 interior positions. They also signed Garland, an excellent run blocker, but weak in pass pro and C Wesley Johnson as insurance for Richburg. Coach and Lynch could be waiting for some vets to get axed from teams strapped for cap space. At any rate, I wouldn't worry about the OL...they'll figure it out.
Share 49erswebzone