LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Unfortunately, there isn't any worthwhile OL guys that are being talked about as cap casualties.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24303256/nfl-top-trade-candidates-17-dealt-preseason
All of our hopes are on Cooper now.....

and hopefully McGlinchey gets up to speed quickly. Tall task for him at Week 1.
[ Edited by Ensatsu on Aug 7, 2018 at 11:29 AM ]
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Unfortunately, there isn't any worthwhile OL guys that are being talked about as cap casualties.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24303256/nfl-top-trade-candidates-17-dealt-preseason

They have six OL with experience: Staley, Richburg, Cooper, Gilliam, Tomlinson, and Person. These guys are over 25 years of age and have at least 4 years experience. Five rookies are on their current roster (ESPN site). Then they have mid-guys like Garnett, Murphy, Williams Jr., Magnuson, Lauderdale, and Flynn. Not sure they are looking too hard for a so-so OG off waiver wires with so much youth. A starter maybe, but how likely is that? Not very.

I'm actually fine with what they have and want to see how Shanahan molds them into an effective OL. My guess: Staley/Tomlinson/Richburg/Cooper/Gilliam. that would give them an experienced group to start the year. Cooper played RG in Arizona, Cleveland and SF...should be comfortable there.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Aug 7, 2018 at 12:14 PM ]
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

They have six OL with experience: Staley, Richburg, Cooper, Gilliam, Tomlinson, and Person. These guys are over 25 years of age and have at least 4 years experience. Five rookies are on their current roster (ESPN site). Then they have mid-guys like Garnett, Murphy, Williams Jr., Magnuson, Lauderdale, and Flynn. Not sure they are looking too hard for a so-so OG off waiver wires with so much youth. A starter maybe, but how likely is that? Not very.

I'm actually fine with what they have and want to see how Shanahan molds them into an effective OL. My guess: Staley/Tomlinson/Richburg/Cooper/Gilliam. that would give them an experienced group to start the year. Cooper played RG in Arizona, Cleveland and SF...should be comfortable there.

So much in this. LOL
Left side should be strong...C too.

Originally posted by NCommand:

50 yard punt by Witherspoon?

Pinion has competition.
Jonathan Cooper looking good at RG. Jonathan Cooper looking good at RG. Jonathan Cooper looking good at RG. Please be for real Please be for real
Originally posted by Jack49ers84:
50 yard punt by Witherspoon?

Pinion has competition.

Shanahan wasn't kidding!
Originally posted by swaccmac1:
Jonathan Cooper looking good at RG. Jonathan Cooper looking good at RG. Jonathan Cooper looking good at RG. Please be for real Please be for real

Cohn said he has only taken a couple snaps each days in 11on11's so take this with a grain of salt...easing him back in.

I think this is what everyone is hoping for.

If Tomlinson plays better at LG and Cooper can just at least be average at RG, that would be tremendous.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Your OL looks about right!

McG will be severely tested right out of the Gate.

I can't recall watching Cooper play but if the Cowboys used him he had to be good.

We'll see.
We are going to be in deep s**t if Gilliam starts at RT. The dude is awful.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:

Cohn said he has only taken a couple snaps each days in 11on11's so take this with a grain of salt...easing him back in.

I hope everything goes well with his surgically repaird knees. As for depth, I'm really hoping one of the undrafted rookies beats out one of the veteran linemen (Pearson, Gilliam etc...) I really would like that O Line to get both younger and hopefully more talented. Having said that, I'm really looking forward to the preseason games to see if the right side of that line holds up or at least looks good. I don't know if Garnett will be IR'ed if he can't come back and start in the first regular season game. Personally, if he can't break into the 53, and nobody is trading for him, I think I'd let him go and see if he can latch on to a team that Man-blocks more than zone blocks.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I think this is what everyone is hoping for.

If Tomlinson plays better at LG and Cooper can just at least be average at RG, that would be tremendous.

I've got all my fingers and toes crossed that it works out like that.

Staley does what Staley does(when not facing Ware), Tomlinson and Cooper play up to their draft position, Richburg ends up our version of Alex Mack and McGlinch locks down RT.

We go to the Superbowl. Go up 28-3 on the Pats and win 48-10
Share 49ersWebzone