49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
The OL isn't perfect any stretch of the imagination but it's crazy how well they've been able to cobble together an effective offensive line out of this group. Not only has there not been a drop-off from Laken Tomlinson leaving, Banks has been a step up..from a Pro Bowl guard. It's incredibly tough to replace a HOF level center like Mack but Brendel had done a decent job, far better than most here expected.

I like how they've been bringing Burford along and splitting up snaps with Brunskill which seems like something that should be disastrous but has worked well thus far. McGlinchey had looked quite a bit better the last few games too.

All in all, things could absolutely be a lot worse, they are one of the better OL units in football.

All facts. I don't think there was a single person on the planet who could have predicted this one. I couldn't be more pleasantly surprised thus far.

Don't think I'm the only one, but maybe here

LOL.
Facts, I should start a YT channel so you can be influenced in the right way

Hey, 1 out of 20 (years) ain't bad. I'll subscribe!
not sure 1 of 20 means, but thanks for subscribing
Our OL got whipped today like they all stole something as kids, mercy. Even Trent Williams struggled along with everyone else. It got so bad that Shanahan had to keep both Kittle and a RB in to help block which limited the pass catchers. The Saints got pretty much their entire defensive personnel back and it was a major force along with some questionable hits on our QB. I am proud of the way we won despite getting owned, because normally when you lose the battle at the line of scrimmage, you do not win. I do not expect them to struggle like this again in the regular season although Tampa with Vta Vea will potentially be a tough test too.
Originally posted by Ark49er:
Our OL got whipped today like they all stole something as kids, mercy. Even Trent Williams struggled along with everyone else. It got so bad that Shanahan had to keep both Kittle and a RB in to help block which limited the pass catchers. The Saints got pretty much their entire defensive personnel back and it was a major force along with some questionable hits on our QB. I am proud of the way we won despite getting owned, because normally when you lose the battle at the line of scrimmage, you do not win. I do not expect them to struggle like this again in the regular season although Tampa with Vta Vea will potentially be a tough test too.

I saw differently. JG had lots of time in the pocket, run game not as much.
Originally posted by Second2Nunley:

I saw a QB get hit and run out the pocket a lot. Shanahan took Kittle and CMC out of the passing plays so they could help block which gave the Saints an advantage in having less guys to defend in passing situations. Coach Shanahan doesn't do that if he did not find it to be necessary. Even the TV commentators mentioned it because they saw the same thing. Really nothing else needs to be said to confirm the problem.

Exactly. 2.9 TTT for Jimmy this week, his highest of the season and one of the highest in the league.
That's what I saw
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

Exactly. 2.9 TTT for Jimmy this week, his highest of the season and one of the highest in the league.

That's what I saw

I saw a QB get hit and run out the pocket a lot. Shanahan took Kittle and CMC out of the passing plays so they could help block which gave the Saints an advantage in having less guys to defend in passing situations. Coach Shanahan doesn't do that if he did not find it to be necessary. Even the TV commentators mentioned it because they saw the same thing. Really nothing else needs to be said to confirm the problem.

The TV commentators said Kyle had kept them in to block on one play because he thought the saints were going to blitz, but they didn't. This was mentioned only once.
Basically we got OWNED at the line, with extra RB and TE blocking. they're doubling aiyuk. Not many places to go with the football
Both our RB are pretty much injured also. Lucky to get a win when the line got dominated like this, unfortunately we got some injury alone with this win

Excellent camera zoom in on Mcglinchey when Kyle says "O a little bit messy." But what about Brendel?
[ Edited by picklejuice on Nov 27, 2022 at 9:19 PM ]
Originally posted by picklejuice:

Excellent camera zoom in on Mcglinchey when Kyle says "O a little bit messy." But what about Brendel?

lol this and the week we played the chargers.... the camera man definitely not a fan of MM

Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by picklejuice:

lol this and the week we played the chargers.... the camera man definitely not a fan of MM

Pff stats just came out for yesterday's game.

TW- 1 hurry, 1 hit and 0 sacks
AB- 6 hurries, 1 hit and 0 sacks
JB- 0 hurries, 1 hit and 0 sacks
SB- 1 hurry, 1 hit and 0 sacks
MM- 1 hurry, 0 hits and 0 sacks
DB- 1 hurry, 0 hits and 0 sacks
  • dj43
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Pff stats just came out for yesterday's game.

TW- 1 hurry, 1 hit and 0 sacks
AB- 6 hurries, 1 hit and 0 sacks
JB- 0 hurries, 1 hit and 0 sacks
SB- 1 hurry, 1 hit and 0 sacks
MM- 1 hurry, 0 hits and 0 sacks
DB- 1 hurry, 0 hits and 0 sacks

I am becoming concerned about Banks. Four weeks ago he was ranked #21, IIRC. Since then, he has dropped to #38. The eye test shows he is not playing as well of late.

OTOH, Brunskill is playing very well. He is now up to #19 among all guards. Burford continues to struggle in the low 60s and not showing any real improvement in either PP or RBLK.

Brunskill is the real hero of the OL. He just keeps doing a good job wherever he is placed.
[ Edited by dj43 on Nov 28, 2022 at 10:54 AM ]
Originally posted by ritz126:
Was it poor because the other defense was good or just a bad they for oline?
Share 49ersWebzone