LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 285 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
If we had a top level RT - how much better do you think our Offense would be??

Thoughts??
-QB would get an extra step to throw consistently
-would convert a couple more 3rd downs for one FG per game
-would allow a deep throw for a TD per game
-these would loosen up the running game and squeeze the clock into the 4th quarter
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

Thoughts??
-these would loosen up the running game and squeeze the clock into the 4th quarter

Yup. I'd say worth 3 to 7 more points a game, 25 to 50 yards.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Thoughts??

We'd have had at least 1 Superbowl win, IMHO (key injuries + < talent).
Originally posted by NCommand:

Thoughts??

Agree w/all.

Add to that, IMO, there'd be less QB injuries, improved running game w/longer runs and a more rested Defense.
[ Edited by LasVegasWally on Apr 23, 2023 at 11:59 AM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Thoughts??

Agree w/all.

Add to that, IMO, there'd be less QB injuries, improved running game w/longer runs and a more rested Defense.

Agree with all three.
With an upgraded RT and Brock it would be pretty scary. The rest of the qbs not so much.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
With an upgraded RT and Brock it would be pretty scary. The rest of the qbs not so much.

We're almost there!

Any QB can be dangerous with a good O-line. I don't know why Trey or Darnold would be excluded.
Any QB can be dangerous with a good O-line. I don't know why Trey or Darnold would be excluded.

Still gotta see and make the throws. Carson Wentz wasn't very dangerous for Indy when they had what was thought of as a top 5 o line.

Numbers were went through in terms of time to throw and the time was there in 21. Wasn't executed. Need a guy playing like Brock to use the time effectively.

I was also referring more to the previous group and the belief we would've won superbowls with a better RT. If we had Brock at the helm sure.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Apr 24, 2023 at 7:33 PM ]

Still gotta see and make the throws. Carson Wentz wasn't very dangerous for Indy when they had what was thought of as a top 5 o line.

Numbers were went through in terms of time to throw and the time was there in 21. Wasn't executed. Need a guy playing like Brock to use the time effectively.

I was also referring more to the previous group and the belief we would've won superbowls with a better RT. If we had Brock at the helm sure.

We needed more than a better RT. We needed a better RT, RG and C in our deep playoff runs.
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:

these guys helped Gore to the HOF

This
We needed more than a better RT. We needed a better RT, RG and C in our deep playoff runs.

Our center is fine. We got good depth there as well. RG is developing and is far from bad. I know how much people hate the word "development" but at some point you gotta let it happen.

based of what Lynch said yesterday about trying to trade Mike…I'm telling ya they like Colton a whole hell of a lot more than people think. I hope they draft multiple lineman because I think there's value there when we're picking. Don't be shocked if they don't grab a OL with one of those 1sts 3 picks.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Our center is fine. We got good depth there as well. RG is developing and is far from bad. I know how much people hate the word "development" but at some point you gotta let it happen.

based of what Lynch said yesterday about trying to trade Mike…I'm telling ya they like Colton a whole hell of a lot more than people think. I hope they draft multiple lineman because I think there's value there when we're picking. Don't be shocked if they don't grab a OL with one of those 1sts 3 picks.

I always felt Colton or the others would not be a big drop off from McG, and maybe even an improvement on 3rd and long. Seeing the contract he got, they are making the wise move here.

Id still like to see o lineman drafted and keep it going. Center is OK as you said, but if we find a gem its just that much better imo.
Share 49ersWebzone