LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 202 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Agree on Williams. Probably true so you'd have to package to move up this year. Otherwise you're banking on your scenario (move Burford out to RT, McKivitz and a vet to compete?). Maybe it works out. Maybe it doesn't.

Packaging picks to trade.up means we are a Lenoir or Gibson injury away from starting giant ?s. I'd rather have actual depth in the secondary and take a chance on a Mckivitz if Burford gets hurt or struggles then be stuck hoping Ambry is a player or some random late round safety can be last line of defense.

That's perfectly understandable. I'd be fine with that approach. Obviously they believe the massive investments in the pass rush and linebacker class will make life very easy on the secondary compared to the rest of the league. And Ward and Hufanga are pretty good in their own right. That said, I'm all about stacking talent in preparation for a passing league. I don't see much difference in McKivitz and Thomas though but only one is slated to start so that's why RT remains the top team need.
Originally posted by WINiner:
We will get nothing for McGlinchy. We've been far too active in FA this year to get any compensatory picks in return.

We are already slated to get a third round compensatory pick for Mike McGlinchey. Jimmy Garoppolo's contract cancels out Hargraves. We have not been far too active in FA, we already are scheduled to get 4 compensatory pics which is the maximum amount. Hello? McFly
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by WINiner:
We will get nothing for McGlinchy. We've been far too active in FA this year to get any compensatory picks in return.

We are already slated to get a third round compensatory pick for Mike McGlinchey. Jimmy Garoppolo's contract cancels out Hargraves. We have not been far too active in FA, we already are scheduled to get 4 compensatory pics which is the maximum amount. Hello? McFly

I believe I heard Maiocco say too that we're already slated to receive the maximum number of comp picks already for 2024.
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 22, 2023 at 4:49 AM ]
I believe I heard Maiocco say too that we're already slated to receive the maximum number of comp picks already for 2024.

Gonna get one more than the max because of Carthon/Meco.

Should receive 5. Just haven't gotten the financials on the guys we lost or signed so not 100% on what rounds all picks will be.
Is Isaiah Wynn a fit?

Should receive 5. Just haven't gotten the financials on the guys we lost or signed so not 100% on what rounds all picks will be.

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Is Isaiah Wynn a fit?

If he'd accept a move to guard he'd fit right in on our IR list.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Is Isaiah Wynn a fit?

Often injured but I'd easily sign him to play RT is the deal is really affordable

Maiocco was referring to the 4 maximum that you can receive from the players side of it. The coaching/executive aspect doesn't figure into that.
Originally posted by illinois9er:

Maiocco was referring to the 4 maximum that you can receive from the players side of it. The coaching/executive aspect doesn't figure into that.

This. We get 2 thirds next year (1 for McDaniels and 1 for Ryan's/Carthon).

These are just estimates but we can only receive a max 4 comp picks
So far we get a
3rd for MM
5th for Ekubam
5th for Omenihu
6th for either Ward or Moseley

Jimmy G's contract cancels out Hargraves
[ Edited by elguapo on Mar 22, 2023 at 10:36 PM ]

Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Is Isaiah Wynn a fit?

Often injured but I'd easily sign him to play RT is the deal is really affordable

Why not. I'd love to see a veteran at least push the RT spot. And if he doesn't win, he'll have extra time to heal up. Has to be a low signing though with a guarantee to compete for a starting spot.

How about the guy Mike McGlinchey is replacing...Cameron Fleming. 6'6" 317, 976 snaps last year 72.6 grade (MM 71.5).

Cameron Fleming, OT: Looking for a solid but inexpensive tackle who can play on both sides of the line? Fleming is your guy. Last season with the Broncos, Fleming's 89% pass block win rate and 76.1% run block win rate ranked 36th and 27th, respectively, out of 64 qualifiers at the position.
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 23, 2023 at 4:43 AM ]
Why not. I'd love to see a veteran at least push the RT spot. And if he doesn't win, he'll have extra time to heal up. Has to be a low signing though with a guarantee to compete for a starting spot.

How about the guy Mike McGlinchey is replacing...Cameron Fleming. 6'6" 317, 976 snaps last year 72.6 grade (MM 71.5).

Cameron Fleming, OT: Looking for a solid but inexpensive tackle who can play on both sides of the line? Fleming is your guy. Last season with the Broncos, Fleming's 89% pass block win rate and 76.1% run block win rate ranked 36th and 27th, respectively, out of 64 qualifiers at the position.

Fleming sound like a fit.

Is he a FA?

Fleming sound like a fit.

Is he a FA?

Yup.
Keep your eye on TE-turned-T Leroy Watson. Both Lombardi and Maiocco said the team is really high on him.
As I said in another thread keep an eye out for May 1st. That's when signings no longer affect the comp pick formula. Could be a lot of guys waiting for that date to see if they can maximize what's left in FA, especially after the draft when teams maybe didn't get the players they were hoping for.

OT, DE, Robbie, all things that could be looked at come May 1st.
Share 49ersWebzone