LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Kyle not doing anything to replace MG says all you need to know about what he thought about him. Treating it like an addition by subtraction.

I think he liked him. He never made a serious move to replace him. He probably just didn't like him at that price.

They did do something.

They let him walk because he was not worth that much money. They re signed Colin to a two year deal, and he has made big stride. They will get a 3rd round compensatory pick for mcglincey. Its part of the game, you can only keep so many foundational players.
Bosa
McCaffrey
Armstead
Deebo
Kittle
Trent Williams
Fred Warner
Chavarius Ward

Its hard to keep the band together every team loses players like McGlincey
I really think we should have Poe at RG and Burford at RT. This would be the best combo imo. Poe is an amazing pulling guard and Burford can already play Tackle like he did in college.
The Feliciano signing is a very good move

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/167825-49ers-signing-former-giants-center-feliciano-one-year-deal/
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/167825-49ers-signing-former-giants-center-feliciano-one-year-deal/

Hearing he could be the starting RG and a big upgrade over Brunskill and Burford and McKivitz competing at RT vs. a top draft pick. Hmmm.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Hearing he could be the starting RG and a big upgrade over Brunskill and Burford and McKivitz competing at RT vs. a top draft pick. Hmmm.

Burford at RT. Feliciano can compete with Poe and Moore at guard. If Mckivitz needs competition bring in another vet swing tackle.

Perhaps for once the team will finally address the secondary with the top picks.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Mar 20, 2023 at 3:41 PM ]

Like this.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Burford at RT. Feliciano can compete with Poe and Moore at guard. If Mckivitz needs competition bring in another vet swing tackle.

Perhaps for once the team will finally address the secondary with the top picks.

You should be so lucky. LOL

I like your plan. You're right in that there are still some good veteran competition out there. I wonder if they add a #99 pick there as well given Williams injury issues too. Adding one more high end talent could put this unit over the top. The depth already looks good.

I like your plan. You're right in that there are still some good veteran competition out there. I wonder if they add a #99 pick there as well given Williams injury issues too. Adding one more high end talent could put this unit over the top. The depth already looks good.

Not getting a high end talent at tackle with pick 99. Williams replacement comes in 24.
If we don't get lucky with OT in this draft and/or if Burford or Moore don't take a big step up, we can't afford either of our tackles missing ANY time. Period.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Not getting a high end talent at tackle with pick 99. Williams replacement comes in 24.

Agree on Williams. Probably true so you'd have to package to move up this year. Otherwise you're banking on your scenario (move Burford out to RT, McKivitz and a vet to compete?). Maybe it works out. Maybe it doesn't.

Originally posted by pillageDatazz:
If we don't get lucky with OT in this draft and/or if Burford or Moore don't take a big step up, we can't afford either of our tackles missing ANY time. Period.

And if we've learned anything, they will too.
Agree on Williams. Probably true so you'd have to package to move up this year. Otherwise you're banking on your scenario (move Burford out to RT, McKivitz and a vet to compete?). Maybe it works out. Maybe it doesn't.

Packaging picks to trade.up means we are a Lenoir or Gibson injury away from starting giant ?s. I'd rather have actual depth in the secondary and take a chance on a Mckivitz if Burford gets hurt or struggles then be stuck hoping Ambry is a player or some random late round safety can be last line of defense.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Mar 21, 2023 at 10:06 AM ]
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

great move..now lets hope he dosent get hurt
Originally posted by pillageDatazz:

And if we've learned anything, they will too.

Truth hurts. I hope the youngsters develop into really good olinemen.
Originally posted by 9erred:
They did do something.

They let him walk because he was not worth that much money. They re signed Colin to a two year deal, and he has made big stride. They will get a 3rd round compensatory pick for mcglincey. Its part of the game, you can only keep so many foundational players.
Bosa
McCaffrey
Armstead
Deebo
Kittle
Trent Williams
Fred Warner
Chavarius Ward

Its hard to keep the band together every team loses players like McGlincey

We will get nothing for McGlinchy. We've been far too active in FA this year to get any compensatory picks in return.
Share 49ersWebzone