LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • dj43
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
I came up with 3 categories for judging QB performance when facing pressure. Big Time Play (BTP) %, Turnover Worthy Play (TWP) %, Passer Rating (PR). Out of the 8 QB's remaining Brock Purdy is 2nd behind Josh Allen in highest BTP%, 2nd behind Jalen hurts in lowest TWP% and 2nd behind Joe Burrow in highest PR. While Brock may not be number 1 in any of those categories, none of the QB's out rank him twice in any of them. Meaning, he has been better than them all overall.

Like I said earlier in this thread, I hope fans appreciate this because this is not normal!

Originally posted by YACBros85:
I came up with 3 categories for judging QB performance when facing pressure. Big Time Play (BTP) %, Turnover Worthy Play (TWP) %, Passer Rating (PR). Out of the 8 QB's remaining Brock Purdy is 2nd behind Josh Allen in highest BTP%, 2nd behind Jalen hurts in lowest TWP% and 2nd behind Joe Burrow in highest PR. While Brock may not be number 1 in any of those categories, none of the QB's out rank him twice in any of them. Meaning, he has been better than them all overall.

Like I said earlier in this thread, I hope fans appreciate this because this is not normal!

I am enjoying every minute of it. Its been a long time since we had a QB play at such a high level. The crazy thing is, there is still room for much improvement with this kid.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Having the number one rushing attack in the NFL should calm that Eagle pass rush down, but I hear ya, that eagle DLine will be a handful to deal with.

And screens
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mcwoot:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Having the number one rushing attack in the NFL should calm that Eagle pass rush down, but I hear ya, that eagle DLine will be a handful to deal with.

And screens

Those Eagle DE's are pretty athletic and most likely can smell those screens. But yeah, Screens, moving pockets, those kinds of things that can slow a DLine down has to be done. From here on in, Purdy is facing elite defenses - let's hope and pray he's not fazed by them and succeeds in throwing multiple TDs against these defenses.
Purdy will have to watch his turn around spin move again better defenses. They will run him donw before he can ge he ball off. Let's hope BBB are ready b/c Dallas has a good d line. They can create pressure from the interior
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
Purdy will have to watch his turn around spin move again better defenses. They will run him donw before he can ge he ball off. Let's hope BBB are ready b/c Dallas has a good d line. They can create pressure from the interior

Statistics say they are weak against the run, and they did well against Tampa Bay who's run game is dead last (I think) in the NFL. So no real need for Purdy to play hero ball if they can just road grade the Dallas defense, in my opinion.
Biggest test so far tomorrow. I believe Dallas leads the league in sacks? They're ranked 22nd against the run though so theres a plus. Lets hope they ball out and keep Purdy clean all day and open the run lanes and we demolish these girls.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Biggest test so far tomorrow. I believe Dallas leads the league in sacks? They're ranked 22nd against the run though so theres a plus. Lets hope they ball out and keep Purdy clean all day and open the run lanes and we demolish these girls.

Eagles leads the league with 70 sacks! KC's next at 55. Dallas is 3rd with 54. We ended up at 44. Bears had the least # with 20.

They love to shoot the gaps and play behind the LOS. It'll be a really good test for our unit pass protection and they'll need to be on point in run blocking. If they can do that, there will be some big hitters.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jan 21, 2023 at 1:56 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erKing:

Eagles leads the league with 70 sacks! KC's next at 55. Dallas is 3rd with 54. We ended up at 44. Bears had the least # with 20.

Oh damn, well still a good test against #3 leader in sacks then lol...

• Giedi
  • Veteran

They love to shoot the gaps and play behind the LOS. It'll be a really good test for our unit pass protection and they'll need to be on point in run blocking. If they can do that, there will be some big hitters.

Eagle's DLine looks impressive againt NY Giants.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

No that is Philly with 70.
Banks, Burford, Brendal, and Brunskill need to step it up this week.

Oof. That was rough. They played Championship ball 2 weeks ago (only 3 pressures, 0 sacks and 24% pressure rate).

This week? Good enough??? They gotta regroup big time because Philly's DL is no joke. And Quinn just showed another blueprint to stuffing our run, pressuring the QB and covering that primary read.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jan 23, 2023 at 8:57 AM ]

Oof. That was rough. They played Championship ball 2 weeks ago (only 3 pressures, 0 sacks and 24% pressure rate).

This week? Good enough??? They gotta regroup bog time because Philly's DL is no joke. And Quinn just showed another blueprint to stuffing our run, pressuring the QB and covering that primary read.

They also took away Brock's easy dump offs to his outlets.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Jan 23, 2023 at 8:57 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone