LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Eagles pass rush vs playoff teams this season. They played MIN, JAX, DAL×2, NYG×2.

Average Pressure Rate- 39.5%
Average Time to Pressure- 3.02 seconds
Average Passer Rating- 61.7

That is pretty ferocious.

Both Daniel Jones and Jalen Hurts have dealt with pressure against playoff defenses very similarly. Daniel Jones has made more plays (TD%+FD%) but Hurts has a lower TWP%. They both have the exact same passer rating though. Philly's defense is better than NYG's defense in all 3 categories mentioned above.

Before running these numbers, I was going to predict NYG winning. Now, I am going with the eagles.
Yall tripping. Eagles gonna win 34-17. Gonna be tight first half then Eagles dominate.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Yall tripping. Eagles gonna win 34-17. Gonna be tight first half then Eagles dominate.

Who is tripping?
Originally posted by lamontb:

Yeah, I think Philly would have to choke in every phase of the game to lose.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
upgrade by getting better depth

Think they like Zakelj though so I'm not sure they will. We will see.
you can always get better potential depth. we alway bring in OL BTW.. we got to start planning/grooming for Brunskill and Trent departures

Brunskill is 28, you have some time to replace him. Trent on the other hand is 34, and while not old, and is still playing all pro - at 34, things can happen really fast regarding health and injuries. I'd like some more competition for the left tackle spot other than McKivitz and Moore.
That's why I said start planning/grooming.. get someone with potential and on the cheap. by the time they are ready we're good. I don't think we should wait for those guys to leave first then start making moves

Yeah, I'd get two tackles and an IOL. Just start the process now.

Poe looked good, but kind of raw, at the IOL. Brendel, Brunskill, and Poe make some good talent at the center position. Banks, Burford, and Zakelj round out the Guards. I agree with everybody who says we need some new Tackle blood infusion. Our OLine is going to have a challenge dealing with good pass rushers in the playoffs (Eagles).
Oline has been looking purdy good lately
  • dj43
Poe looked good, but kind of raw, at the IOL. Brendel, Brunskill, and Poe make some good talent at the center position. Banks, Burford, and Zakelj round out the Guards. I agree with everybody who says we need some new Tackle blood infusion. Our OLine is going to have a challenge dealing with good pass rushers in the playoffs (Eagles).

Originally posted by dj43:

I just checked the list of Unrestricted Free Agents (no more acronyms ) per Spotrac against the PFF ratings. The only RT close to McGlinchey is Ty Nsekhe of the Rams, who is 37 years old.

There is enough money available to resign him. The only other option is to go with Colton McKivitz and he has only played 71 snaps all season. Jaylon Moore has played a few more snaps at "below average" rating. Kyle has rejected the idea of moving Burford out to OT. Brunskill is a possibility but we need him as our swing OL.

The other point that needs to be considered is that Trent Williams, as good as he is now, will be 35 next season. At some point we will need his replacement. With no picks in the first four rounds this season (2-3 comp picks at the end of round 3), the chances of replacing McGlinchey in the draft are not at all realistic.

So...resign MM. His PFF rating continues to improve. He is now inside the top 10 RTs around the league. He's good. Keep him.

Bumped in answer to your comment...
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
https://www.instagram.com/vicbaldwin_/?hl=en

Hubba hubba

I just checked the list of Unrestricted Free Agents (no more acronyms ) per Spotrac against the PFF ratings. The only RT close to McGlinchey is Ty Nsekhe of the Rams, who is 37 years old.

There is enough money available to resign him. The only other option is to go with Colton McKivitz and he has only played 71 snaps all season. Jaylon Moore has played a few more snaps at "below average" rating. Kyle has rejected the idea of moving Burford out to OT. Brunskill is a possibility but we need him as our swing OL.

The other point that needs to be considered is that Trent Williams, as good as he is now, will be 35 next season. At some point we will need his replacement. With no picks in the first four rounds this season (2-3 comp picks at the end of round 3), the chances of replacing McGlinchey in the draft are not at all realistic.

So...resign MM. His PFF rating continues to improve. He is now inside the top 10 RTs around the league. He's good. Keep him.

Agree slim pickings on both RT and C in FA, was hoping we could turn Lance into currency to address one of those two or CB
Originally posted by mcwoot:
Agree slim pickings on both RT and C in FA, was hoping we could turn Lance into currency to address one of those two or CB

Even slimmer pickings at safety.

Dont think spending a bunch of money on Mike would be smart. Rather bring Brendel and Brunskill back for what it'll cost for Mike.

• Giedi
  • Veteran

They have two 3rd round picks. With all of 2023's picks mostly going to CMC, they have to load up on Offensive and Defensive lines with their remaining picks. A day 3 pick will at least add depth. They may or may not sign McGlinchey back. He's done well in a contract year, but those injuries give me pause. No guarantee he's fixed his durability issues.

Protecting your newly minted franchise QB should be priority one come the 2023 offseason.
They have two 3rd round picks. With all of 2023's picks mostly going to CMC, they have to load up on Offensive and Defensive lines with their remaining picks. A day 3 pick will at least add depth. They may or may not sign McGlinchey back. He's done well in a contract year, but those injuries give me pause. No guarantee he's fixed his durability issues.

Protecting your newly minted franchise QB should be priority one come the 2023 offseason.

Priority 1 is fixing the secondary IMO. They need to finally prioritized safety.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Eagles pass rush vs playoff teams this season. They played MIN, JAX, DAL×2, NYG×2.

Both Daniel Jones and Jalen Hurts have dealt with pressure against playoff defenses very similarly. Daniel Jones has made more plays (TD%+FD%) but Hurts has a lower TWP%. They both have the exact same passer rating though. Philly's defense is better than NYG's defense in all 3 categories mentioned above.

Before running these numbers, I was going to predict NYG winning. Now, I am going with the eagles.

That's bringing a lot of pressure and fairly quickly and the passer rating is giving you a snapshot into the end results.
  • dj43

Yes, depth is about all we can hope for when it comes to OL help. As far as starters are concerned, there is little hope there. Of the top 35 OTs listed by PFF, only 6 were drafted after the 3rd round. 24 of the top 35 were 1st or 2nd round picks. All of which to say keeping a healthy McGlinchey is a high priority.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by YACBros85:

That's bringing a lot of pressure and fairly quickly and the passer rating is giving you a snapshot into the end results.

Extremely quickly and against playoff level competition to boot.

The eagles have like 4 or 5 defenders with 10+ sacks which is best in the league.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Jan 17, 2023 at 9:13 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone