LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 295 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Can somebody explain to me how you guys know Brendal's line calls were terrible versus the o lineman not doing their jobs?
Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Obviously getting kittle back will help us out in the run game as well as the pass game. I also don't believe our run game is going to be bad by any means but it certainly won't be as productive. I don't think fans understand just how much Trey's ability to run truly stressed the defense in the run game as well as the pass game. The thing that Jimmy does well that Trey needs to work on is rhythm passing and getting the ball out on time, especially on those screens to Deebo.

i dont see the evidence fot this last year without Trey we had the most efficient run game

Our run game was productive last season, yes, but it wasn't as productive as it was with Trey. With Trey at QB last season we averaged 5.0 ypa. As a team last year we averaged 4.3 ypa overall.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Can somebody explain to me how you guys know Brendal's line calls were terrible versus the o lineman not doing their jobs?

haven't rewatched the game but missed calls are due to not calling out assignments and lack of adjustments

a lot of the pressure/TFL was almost immediate rather than guys getting beat
Our run game was productive last season, yes, but it wasn't as productive as it was with Trey. With Trey at QB last season we averaged 5.0 ypa. As a team last year we averaged 4.3 ypa overall.

the sample size with Trey is so small though it isn't fair to compare them

Lance started 2 games last year right vs 15?

haven't rewatched the game but missed calls are due to not calling out assignments and lack of adjustments

Brendel just so happened to decide to make poor calls after the Trey injury? We had zero runs for negative yards before Trey got injured and 6 runs for negative yards after Jimmy took over. Could be coincidence but I don't know.

the sample size with Trey is so small though it isn't fair to compare them

Lance started 2 games last year right vs 15?

Small sample size but consider this last game. With Trey, even if you take out Deebo's 51 yard run, the run game averaged 7.7 ypa with zero negative plays. With Jimmy, the run game averaged 3.04 ypa and had 6 runs for negative yards. Same opponent, same game, different QB's, different results.
Brendel just so happened to decide to make poor calls after the Trey injury? We had zero runs for negative yards before Trey got injured and 6 runs for negative yards after Jimmy took over. Could be coincidence but I don't know.

they was a clear difference in gameplan once we had a multi score lead though

also i noticed a few plays where trey had pressure immediately when Trey was passing (3 come to my memory 1 from left side and 2 from middle i think )
[ Edited by ritz126 on Sep 20, 2022 at 9:03 AM ]
Small sample size but consider this last game. With Trey, even if you take out Deebo's 51 yard run, the run game averaged 7.7 ypa with zero negative plays. With Jimmy, the run game averaged 3.04 ypa and had 6 runs for negative yards. Same opponent, same game, different QB's, different results.

thats a bad example and you know it

once we had a multi score lead we literally ran out the clock for a quarter and a half we werent even looking to pass
I hope Poe is getting reps at center on practice squad.

they was a clear difference in gameplan once we had a multi score lead though

also i noticed a few plays where trey had pressure immediately when Trey was passing (3 come to my memory 1 from left side and 2 from middle i think )

You may be right about the pressures on dropbacks as I did not look at those. But as far as the running game is concerned, those stats I posted did not include the goal line runs as to not skew the numbers with those.

But how do you know that he missed the calls? He could've called the correct assignment and Banks or MM didn't do their jobs. I'm just lost at how we are just placing the blame on Brendal when in reality we have no clue b/c we aren't on the field to hear what was/wasn't called. .

But how do you know that he missed the calls? He could've called the correct assignment and Banks or MM didn't do their jobs. I'm just lost at how we are just placing the blame on Brendal when in reality we have no clue b/c we aren't on the field to hear what was/wasn't called. .

Trust Me Bro - Source

pretty much.
Does anyone have the individual pressure stats for the o line from yesterday?

Didn't see the individual but 2 pressures per Lombardi which is great esp. given our DL had 18 on theirs.

i dont things could be different without Mack but typically the C calls out protection adjustments QB makes hot routes and direct TE if needed
[ Edited by ritz126 on Sep 20, 2022 at 10:01 AM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
Does anyone have the individual pressure stats for the o line from yesterday?

Didn't see the individual but 2 pressures per Lombardi which is great esp. given our DL had 18 on theirs.

Only 2 pressures given up the entire game
Share 49ersWebzone