There are 181 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
They win a SB if Mahomes doesn't pull a 3rd 15 out of his ass, Jimmy actually makes a proper read, or make a downfield throw for once in his life.

You ALMOST made it. Almost.
Originally posted by NCommand:

See you tomorrow morning. Maybe tomorrow you'll bring up Big Bird or something to go with your QB-G-same-value topic.

Nah that's your thing, Mr. tinfoil hat. Keep pretending you know more than everyone…see how far that gets ya.

[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jul 18, 2022 at 10:01 AM ]
Incorrect. Your ideal that you just need bodies and a pulse at G has been proven incorrect. I said you clearly devalued them. Not once did I say they were anymore or less important than any other positron on the OL. If you suck at a position, it's going to cost you eventually. The team has absolutely subscribed to your theory and that has failed miserably. You were perfectly fine with that level of talent at G. Period.

PM your buddy Hoov. He can enlighten you to LT since you don't read in here.

Again, you don't read. Had you, you'd seen I've already broken down Brendel and Banks based on the film posted. Burford too. And I even said these guys are not devoid of talent. LOL

Remarkable.

Never said it needs to be "just bodies" show me where I said that? Exaggerating again to try and prove something cut the s**t out!

I said you DO NOT need to pay elite money, spend a bunch of 1st rd picks or need elite OG play to have a good team. You need guys that are scheme fits and dudes that are coachable. I'm not saying toss some XFL guys in there…money/higher picks SHOW ALWAYS go towards OT/C positions. You clearly disagree and guess what the league disagrees with you!

you can't be elite everywhere. What's the f**king point of having anything outside of a 1st rd pick if YOU don't think a prospect can be developed at a position?

This is where you're wrong they haven't failed miserably…they've made it to a NFCC and SB two of the last 3 years. That is not failure in a league of 32 teams where only ONE team can win it all. You calming failure is a joke.

im perfectly fine with them drafting a bunch of scheme fit OL, letting them compete, and develop. The same as every other team does.

Sorry I'm not readying every dumb thing you write to every person in this thread. It's already a massive waste of time dealing with just the crap you write to me.

you haven't broken down s**t lol.

Oh OK, now suddenly we need more talent than the Fusco, Person, Compton and Brunskill's of the world at G. At least better than XFL? Hilarious. What did you think they were when you were saying they were "good enough?"

And that's fine if now you want slightly better talent there and still not want to pay G's. We just let Laken go so let's test that theory and see how that goes. Brunskill is still the front runner. Let's go! Haha.

You feel good about G? You feel good again about RT? Just not so sure about C? I can't imagine why you'd have concerns. Haha.

Sorry I'm not readying...

you haven't broken down s**t lol.

Bingo ^ Case. In. Point.
so now it's all about feelings of the OL ...when does feelings overrule actual break downs and film to back up your feelings ?

Brun, comp, preson have SB experience... more than a lot of top ranked OL
For everyone's one post NC has like 10 in this thread. You are not allowed to state your opinion without debating NC all day about it. He owns this thread. Better get used to it.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
For everyone's one post NC has like 10 in this thread. You are not allowed to state your opinion without debating NC all day about it. He owns this thread. Better get used to it.

LMAO. Teams biggest need since 1995. You're lucky the WZ hasn't existed since then. But I have been here since the WZ's inception...probably this OL thread too.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
so now it's all about feelings of the OL ...when does feelings overrule actual break downs and film to back up your feelings ?

Feelings? Objective analysis. Whatever he wants to bring. Whatever process he used to get to a concern at C, he could probably apply to both G spots and RT with the aid in injury concern.

LMAO. Teams biggest need since 1995. You're lucky the WZ hasn't existed since then. But I have been here since the WZ's inception...probably this OL thread too.
you know you can insert any position group and say the same thing ? since 95 !!

See you tomorrow morning. Maybe tomorrow you'll bring up Big Bird or something to go with your QB-G-same-value topic.

Nah that's your thing, Mr. tinfoil hat. Keep pretending you know more than everyone…see how far that gets ya.

Haha.

OL talent (6 years) and injuries (since 2013) have slightly moved from theory/tin foil hats to verified common knowledge across every platform other than 5 people in an OL thread in the WZ. I'm not "smarter" than anybody...just willing to acknowledge it until it's fixed. Simple.

The reason this one is still going is because it's an annual issue and by the likes of actions and words from the decion makers, it'll remain an issue.

I'm certainly not disagreeing with you on the other stuff too. I love to talk strengths and weaknesses. So feel free and I'll always chime in. I talk everything from DC, DL, ER, S, CB, QB, TE, injuries, off season plans, team needs threads, FA, etc.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jul 18, 2022 at 10:37 AM ]

Feelings? Objective analysis. Whatever he wants to bring. Whatever process he used to get to a concern at C, he could probably apply to both G spots and RT with the aid in injury concern.
i'm just emphasizing how you countered his posts with feelings.. That is what you are basing your entire argument on instead of showing actual evidence. that is all

i'm just emphasizing how you countered his posts with feelings.. That is what you are basing your entire argument on instead of showing actual evidence. that is all

I ask him every year how he feels about the OL. He always says he feels it's "good enough." No different here other than now he's only noting C. So maybe he feels good about the spots. You never know with NY unless you're talking JG with him. LOL

The reason this one is still going is because it's an annual issue and by the likes of actions and words from the decion makers, likely to remain an issue.

I'm certainly not disagreeing with you on the other stuff too. I love to talk strengths and weaknesses. So feel free and I'll always chime in.
an annual issue is only based on opinions.. last year OL wasn't the main issue.. this year it's an unknown...

odds are against them (OL). but they can't be the main issue until it's an issue
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

nc is concerned about a very very important part of this team and maybe the biggest key to the season ,. plus it has only one known commodity on it... yes by all means. we need to take nc outside and beat the s**t out of him for being understandably concerned about this vital piece of our team . homers
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

The reason this one is still going is because it's an annual issue and by the likes of actions and words from the decion makers, it'll remain an issue.

I'm certainly not disagreeing with you on the other stuff too. I love to talk strengths and weaknesses. So feel free and I'll always chime in. I talk everything from DC, DL, ER, S, CB, QB, TE, injuries, off season plans, team needs threads, FA, etc.

other areas have come and went over the years. but pass blocking has been the consistent negative in this team/ i say since 2011 but if you want to roll it back to 95 that is fine with me
Haha. Oh really? C and RG didn't play into those losses?

Talk about delusion of your own.

Also, your interpretation of my stance of G is way off too.

The 9ers not winning those games isn't proof that the O line isn't good enough. Thats just patently ridiculous. It's not even proof Jimmy isn't good enough to ever win a SB and he was the biggest culprit.

When everything has a part to play you can't just point to one thing and then take a victory lap as proof that the entire process is wrong.

The TEAM wasn't good enough.
Share 49ersWebzone