LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 159 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If Trent supposedly has a high ankle sprain I don't see how the hell he's actually questionable but I guess it's Waterboy "can't hold anything back" time so we'll see.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
That's great news for sure.

He looked fine to me hugging Shanahan on the field after the win on Saturday.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We need Trent - hope he can go.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Only guy didn't fail us today was Tomlinson. Trent was clearly struggling, Mack is over the hill and the right side of the Oline is trash.
Last two drives and the right side of the oline failed us big time. s**t looked just like the super bowl.
Banks better be ready to start next year.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Last two drives and the right side of the oline failed us big time. s**t looked just like the super bowl.
I thought the same thing

Pass protection on that side has been an issue for a long time. It gets covered up because we don't pass a lot and our strong run game but when we need it, it's a huge glaring issue.
Fix it. I don't care how just f**king fix it
Lol, and we thought Aaron Banks was the answer. Nope. Didn't even play a single snap all year supposedly?

Originally posted by Hysterikal:

This. The 2 areas of huge need are still OL and secondary. Draft and free agency. Get it done
Originally posted by jreff22:
Banks better be ready to start next year.

I dont have a high confidence in that given the fact that he couldn't even get on the field at all this year
When it matters most. 😭😭😭😭😭

Fix it for Trey!
[ Edited by NCommand on Jan 30, 2022 at 7:36 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerGM:

I know people think we can get away with sub par talent on the OL vs premiere defensive talent, but that just doesn't work for THIS team that NEEDS to run for its offense to work. It will be the same with Trey. We. Must. Run. as an offense and thus we're going to have to keep finding better players at the position group.

Yea. We get good play from sub par players for a stretch and fall into the trap of thinking they are good overall. Compton needs to go and Burnskill should be 1st guy off the bench. I don't give a s**t about Banks dragt status. Draft another guard if need be. Don't just force him out there if he's crappy. Need to let Moore see if he can hold down the RT.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Its been 5 years. They're not fixing it
Share 49ersWebzone