LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by NCommand:
No surprise here but NY85 noted Jaylon Moore has been taking snaps at LT to start.

Man, wouldn't that be a nice problem to have...potentially 8 (EIGHT) starting OLs?
any indication..? Banks at RG was a cemented after the pick !
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
No surprise here but NY85 noted Jaylon Moore has been taking snaps at LT to start.

Man, wouldn't that be a nice problem to have...potentially 8 (EIGHT) starting OLs?

'This is just a wild guess, but i wonder if they are seeing how McG comes into camp and how he does. If Jaylon Moore could actually start and be part of the BEST 5, then i wonder if they are thinking to move either Brun or Banks to RT if McG isn't back to par...and the other is RG. We would essentially still have 8 starter OLs altho only BEST 5 start.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Jun 3, 2021 at 1:30 PM ]

'This is just a wild guess, but i wonder if they are seeing how McG comes into camp and how he does. If Jaylon Moore could actually start and be part of the BEST 5, then i wonder if they are thinking to move either Brun or Banks to RT if McG isn't back to par.
doubled-edged sword.. Mcglinch on a short leash ? pull Mc fast and put Moore in ? what if moore not game speed ready ?

Tough call, but i would have Mc tough it out as much as possible.. (scary i know)
doubled-edged sword.. Mcglinch on a short leash ? pull Mc fast and put Moore in ? what if moore not game speed ready ?

Tough call, but i would have Mc tough it out as much as possible.. (scary i know)

Note....i said i was guessing or rather, thinking out loud as to why Moore is getting 1st string snaps and Banks is behind Brun. FTR and on the Record, i loved both picks.

more than likely they are just experimenting and see who plays what position how well, ... compared to competition.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Jun 3, 2021 at 1:38 PM ]

Note....i said i was guessing or rather, thinking out loud as to why Moore is getting 1st string snaps and Banks is behind Brun. FTR and on the Record, i loved both picks.

more than likely they are just experimenting and see who plays what position how well, ... compared to competition.
i hear ya.. just thinking out loud also. i'm guessing Mc will be on a short leash to start

having this depth/futire OL gets me excited..

i hear ya.. just thinking out loud also. i'm guessing Mc will be on a short leash to start

having this depth/futire OL gets me excited..

Amen to that...but the best part is we got a healthy Center, and that has to work for the rest of the OL to work. Took us 8 guys to get thru the yr last yr and a good part of that was not really starting material. So stoked..hell yeah, just hope i didn' jinx Mack.
Shortest path to the QB too and the C of the run game.

Originally posted by NinerGM:
Yep

What opponents should worry about is if we can run at their undersized DLs and get those gaudy 4.0 ypc averages for all our backs. I see that happening with the investments we made in the OL. Can the passing game flourish? Yes, but how do we win the NFC West? Keep the ball out of all opposing QBs hands and make sure as much as possible DK, Kupp and Hopkins are spectators.

My bro in Ft Worth reminded me the last time the Cowboys were a threat, their O kept their opponents O off the field, and had a huge TOP advantage. If we can do that, and a running game sure eats time, that is surely a way for us to win. Basically, when we have been best, our D has kept their O off the field...and our O obliged with eating clock.

basically, NFC W is and has been so strong, we spend time knocking each other out. It does make the NFC W winner a good bet to be in the SB.
I haven't felt this good about the OL in a long time.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Same here, love this lineup, Trent-Laken-Mack-Banks-McGlinchey, with Brunskill as do it all reserve, Moore & McKivitz also able to play T & G, no need for a 9th on the active roster, need to get Jaylon Moore in, even if only a few snaps, in blowouts, either way. Same with McKivitz.
Shortest path to the QB too and the C of the run game.

Yep

What opponents should worry about is if we can run at their undersized DLs and get those gaudy 4.0 ypc averages for all our backs. I see that happening with the investments we made in the OL. Can the passing game flourish? Yes, but how do we win the NFC West? Keep the ball out of all opposing QBs hands and make sure as much as possible DK, Kupp and Hopkins are spectators.

I hate those short IDL, Poona Ford of SEA, loved him coming out of Texas, mad when Seattle signed him.
Interesting.

Not bad but top CFL talent usually = UDFA in the NFL. Maybe this is a gem in the rough.

One thing about John L….if he sees talent out there he brings it in. He's done that every yr and that is a whole lot different from our previous GM
Not bad but top CFL talent usually = UDFA in the NFL. Maybe this is a gem in the rough.

Same exact thoughts.
Share 49ersWebzone