LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 341 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I love what Shanalynch did with the OL...no more problems at RG, Banks will end that sore spot. Braintrust was thrilled to get AB. Notre Dame keeps on producing top OL all the time. As for Moore, I think he's a terrific pick. He excels in a zone run scheme. Whether he's put at OG or OT I see this guy as rock solid and athletic. What's not to like. As a group, adding Mack at C and Banks at RG will really solidify it. Banks will help McGlinchey by his presence and ability as a pass protector. Moore should be able to push McGlinchey. All in all, I think this should be the best OL we've had in some years.

Preach.

And TBF, there's only one AB and he lives in the WZ.

Heh, agree totally NC. Great points by CorvaNinerFan, he always has hall of fame insights too. AB81, you three are some of the top gold in the webzone filled with a lot of opinions, I'm including myself in that group too. I fell for Chris Simm's take on the draft hook line and sinker.
Ohhh, that last line is interesting. The first part was why I was projecting RT/RG depth.

Originally posted by Giedi:
Heh, agree totally NC. Great points by CorvaNinerFan, he always has hall of fame insights too. AB81, you three are some of the top gold in the webzone filled with a lot of opinions, I'm including myself in that group too. I fell for Chris Simm's take on the draft hook line and sinker.

Haha. It was nearly every single person directly tied to the 49ers so we weren't alone...even Kyle's own staff and Jed thought so too. Mac's gonna be really good in NE and Lance is going to be a stud here. Stoked!
Not sure why Brunskill is a backup center. Sign Garland back and Brunskill can be the swing tackle.
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Not sure why Brunskill is a backup center. Sign Garland back and Brunskill can be the swing tackle.

Yeah, maybe they really believe he has upside and can grow into a great option there learning from Mack for a couple years.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Ohhh, that last line is interesting. The first part was why I was projecting RT/RG depth.

Well that certainly is. Pick puts a LOT of pressure Skule.

That's a great thing.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Well that certainly is. Pick puts a LOT of pressure Skule.

Started reading a lot more draft profiles on him after they drafted him, and a lot to like about his fit here.

Haha. It was nearly every single person directly tied to the 49ers so we weren't alone...even Kyle's own staff and Jed thought so too. Mac's gonna be really good in NE and Lance is going to be a stud here. Stoked!

I admit, I was convinced it was Mac Jones up till Goodell announced the pick, I yelled f**k Yeah, I was so happy, Lance is gonna be a stud here, and Mac will be good in NE, he's better off in NE than here.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

I admit, I was convinced it was Mac Jones up till Goodell announced the pick, I yelled f**k Yeah, I was so happy, Lance is gonna be a stud here, and Mac will be good in NE, he's better off in NE than here.

True all around!
Originally posted by ninerFate:
The 49ers added OL Alfredo Gutierrez (from Mexico) through the International Player Pathway Program.

IDK how this works other than we have an extra slot for him on the team. But my gosh, this guy is a walking TREE....330 AND 6'9" holy smokes....since there are only a few teams trying this out, more power to KS/JL. And he's an OL....how can one not at least like the potential of this?

Both Banks and Moore have quick feet and both are big guys. Probably with no US collegiate experience, that will be an issue...but if this kid gets it figured out, wow....love it.

Williams 1st rd pick
Tomlinson 1st rd pick
alex mack 1st rd pick
banks 2nd rd pick
McG 1st rd pick
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Williams 1st rd pick
Tomlinson 1st rd pick
alex mack 1st rd pick
banks 2nd rd pick
McG 1st rd pick

Safe to say if they all play to their draft position, this could be one of the very best OL in the NFL.
Originally posted by ninerFate:

The 49ers added OL Alfredo Gutierrez (from Mexico) through the International Player Pathway Program.

He's our Anthony Munoz
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on May 5, 2021 at 10:46 AM ]
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
IDK how this works other than we have an extra slot for him on the team. But my gosh, this guy is a walking TREE....330 AND 6'9" holy smokes....since there are only a few teams trying this out, more power to KS/JL. And he's an OL....how can one not at least like the potential of this?

Both Banks and Moore have quick feet and both are big guys. Probably with no US collegiate experience, that will be an issue...but if this kid gets it figured out, wow....love it.

wow qny video on this guy! i hope he makes the team
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Williams 1st rd pick
Tomlinson 1st rd pick
alex mack 1st rd pick
banks 2nd rd pick
McG 1st rd pick

Safe to say if they all play to their draft position, this could be one of the very best OL in the NFL.

yup
Share 49ersWebzone