There are 165 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by thl408:
Having Brady means your OL can hold on every play and it's okay.

No one can tell me we lose that AZ game week 1, Eagles game, Dallas game, DC game, and week 17 vs Seattle if we had Brady on the team.

at worst they win 9 games and go to the playoffs.
If we do not address the offensive line with this draft class then I'll concede to NC.

But other than that... friends don't let friends site Grant Cohn.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
If we do not address the offensive line with this draft class then I'll concede to NC.

Yeah throwing Grant on here to prove anything is trash

Thing is they can improve the OL and QB much like Tampa did, I just don't get why people are so hell bent on it being one or the other?
  • thl408
Originally posted by NYniner85:

No one can tell me we lose that AZ game week 1, Eagles game, Dallas game, DC game, and week 17 vs Seattle if we had Brady on the team.

at worst they win 9 games and go to the playoffs.

Are you implying that Brady is better than Jimmy/Mullens/Beathard? Way to go out on a limb there.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Tommy would have done his thing just as well in SF this yr.

LOL. To an 8-8 record and straight to retirement.

Nope he would have made everyone better around him just like he did with that Tampa OL who allowed almost 50 sacks on Winston in 2019.

He never would have survived NY (pass protection + field).

LMAO. I'll give you that!

The refs must have had a hell of a hard time on that one...Mahomes or Brady? Which OL gets to hold every down and which doesn't?
Are you implying that Brady is better than Jimmy/Mullens/Beathard? Way to go out on a limb there.

I sure am I'm also saying his massively better then Winston as well (who got sacked almost 50x last yr in TB).

A legit QB this yr and SF is in the playoffs.....as long as SF resigns Trent all they need is healthy starting center and legit competition at RG (if they upgrade the QB position).

It just amazes me that people are cool with not having a plan at the most important position in sports? I mean do we think SF is gonna give Jimmy an extension? I don't....then what? Shoot we don't even have a legit backup.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 16, 2021 at 1:19 PM ]
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Yeah throwing Grant on here to prove anything is trash

Thing is they can improve the OL and QB much like Tampa did, I just don't get why people are so hell bent on it being one or the other?

He's still right.
He's still right.

Not in the slightest..

SF wins AT LEAST 9 games with Brady and goes to the playoffs.
He's still right.

Not in the slightest..

SF wins AT LEAST 9 games with Brady and goes to the playoffs.

I'll definitely give you 3 more wins if he survived the 45 players on I.R.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Correct 7 years sitting behind a HOF QB, **but ** without a lot of playing time. You and I both know a QB gets better playing (after a point), not sitting. He had the perfect scenario as a back-up. And you're right he had the (somewhat) prefect scenario *** as a starter in 2019 *** and what was the result? And let's be honest off-season 2019 had A LOT of questions at WR and OL. No one had us slated for a SB appearance.

I think that's why they're rolling with Jimmy for now.

I don't know if this is a huge turning point for KS and JL this season. IMHO, they've already proven they can get to the big game with the right pieces. They have a much longer runway now than they had in 2019 if it turned out to be a losing season. The moment we won the NFC West, that extension was crafted.

This offseason IMHO is about sustainability - can they regain/sustain the 2019 success in an ULTRA competitive division. They have to answer the question was 2019 a fluke or not. I think Jimmy is a piece of that question, developing the team/talent as a whole is a larger piece.

Again bringing us back to the LOS, if play here doesn't get better here, it's a predictor for, at least this thread, the offense. I know you say QB play has to get better in which I agree, my mantra is LOS play (on offense) **has** to be better for both run and pass.

Nice post GM

And we all know some people do not like Jimmy Garoppolo however when you make the argument that case Keenum did just as well when he had pro bowl weapons around him is utterly ridiculous.

We do need an upgrade at quarterback but trying to minimize what Jimmy Garoppolo has done is also a reach. A lot of the same people were saying Shanahan is a wizard on offense and Mullen's wasn't such a bad quarterback. The truth of the matter is, if Jimmy was in and this whole season we would've at least had 10 wins. The Cowboys Eagles and Redskins are easily wins with Jimmy at quarterback especially if he's healthy. And then we make the playoffs. So just try to tune out the people that are pushing that narrative
[ Edited by elguapo on Feb 16, 2021 at 3:14 PM ]

Lol they lost all those games I mentioned by like what 7 pts or less? Mullens with stupid TOs all over the place. SF absolutely makes the playoffs with Brady.
I believe this is the Offensive Line thread.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
With Bourne as his primary available receiver? Absolutely not.

Yeah you're right Brady has always needed top flight WRs for the majority of his career.

Right no chance Brady plays any better than Mullens vs Philly/DC/or AZ lol. No way Brady can't get 4 pts vs Seattle lol. Dude would take river craycraft and turn him into Scotty Miller 2.0. He wouldn't be throwing hospital balls to Kittle. They wouldn't be using Deebo as a RB etc.

I can't have a decent convo in here with you guys with how little you value the most important position in sports...let alone the goat.

Every time I come in here (or the Jimmy thread) I'm reminded on how ridiculous it is in here.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
I believe this is the Offensive Line thread.

We need one. Now, back to Brady. Haha

Lol they lost all those games I mentioned by like what 7 pts or less? Mullens with stupid TOs all over the place. SF absolutely makes the playoffs with Brady.

I could see that. It is Brady. But TBF, Brady has folded hard behind poor OL performances too. So it makes it harder to determine to what degree we'd be better. We'd definitely not win a Superbowl. That we can all agree on.
Share 49ersWebzone