There are 171 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by NCommand:
You're both accurate really. We do lack cap space and lots of extra high picks. But like you said, there's going to be a very busy off season with tons if cuts, restructures, trades, etc.

We'll have a lot of players returning from the injury list. Nothing on the OL so a big focus will need to be made WITH the OL in mind.

Zero CBs signed in 2021. Our EDGE rushers are coming off an ACL and the other is half retired. Yes OL has to be looked at BUT there's much more than just the OL that needs helps.

Come on NY85...why you gotta play my boy, Evan like that?

Come on NY85...why you gotta play my boy, Evan like that?

not gonna get an argument from me about it...2012 OL is better than this OL that's on the field today.

I will say the only good PP on that team was Joe. Iupati was junk in pass-pro. Same with Boone/Davis overall.
not gonna get an argument from me about it...2012 OL is better than this OL that's on the field today.

I will say the only good PP on that team was Joe. Iupati was junk in pass-pro. Same with Boone/Davis overall.

Haha. I was just playing. Yeah, if we're talking PP, you're 100% correct. Built very similar despite different kinds of runs. Kap hid a lot of the PP issues too..

BTW, I'm also 100% with you on team needs. Mine are the exact same as last year in OL, ER, and DB esp. CB. All to reflect the passing league. QB? I have no issues with that either.
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:
You keep repeating this but sorry, two months to evaluate the top 5-7 QB's should have been plenty of time and SHOULD HAVE BEEN an absolute priority for Kyle When it was a need for us, & I don't give a f**k his plan was to get Cousins...

"Many" back then kept saying Kyle wants a QB that knows his system & doesn't want to wait on a hit or miss rookie..

Now your Absolutely positive Kyle changed??

It'll be interesting to see what happens going Fwd.

Lol according to who? You? Dude had to figuring out a new roster/new GM/dealing with a new scouting department and getting a new coaching staff.

No one cares if you don't give a f**k about Kirk. That was the plan right or wrong. IF he didn't have a great opportunity to get a good vet that knew his scheme, I'm sure things might have been different...If Jimmy didn't fall into their laps, I'm sure they would have drafted a QB by now.

kyle has drafted one QB as a HC on day 3 of the draft and that's suppose to determine everything about his ability as an evaluator? Come on now.

Look I get it you're supporting Jimmy and you're a fan...don't act like you haven't been all over this forum pleading your case either lol.

If you're all about calling out Kyle over missing a QB two months after getting a job and knowing there's a good young vet waiting for him...you better be able to call our Jimmy and his limitations.

I really don't give a f**k who the QB is as long as the 49ers win.

Not gonna sit here and act like I know what this FO is gonna do. They've extended constant IR players they shouldn't have & have made other questionable moves.
[ Edited by Jeepzilla on Nov 19, 2020 at 6:22 PM ]
You're both accurate really. We do lack cap space and lots of extra high picks. But like you said, there's going to be a very busy off season with tons if cuts, restructures, trades, etc.

We'll have a lot of players returning from the injury list. Nothing on the OL so a big focus will need to be made WITH the OL in mind.

Zero CBs signed in 2021. Our EDGE rushers are coming off an ACL and the other is half retired. Yes OL has to be looked at BUT there's much more than just the OL that needs helps.

Even you believe NY that fastest way to turn out wins is when the OL can sustain a running game. As you've pointed out, that means better QB play, less hits, extended drives, tiring out an opposing defense and keeps the opposing offense off the field. Until the OL can win and even sustain running, we're in better shape. The problem is this line isn't even good enough to sustain Kyle's running game. I fundamentally believe it all starts with center then out and not at tackle then in, but we're happy to have Williams out there blocking.
Originally posted by NinerGM:

Even you believe NY that fastest way to turn out wins is when the OL can sustain a running game. As you've pointed out, that means better QB play, less hits, extended drives, tiring out an opposing defense and keeps the opposing offense off the field. Until the OL can win and even sustain running, we're in better shape. The problem is this line isn't even good enough to sustain Kyle's running game. I fundamentally believe it all starts with center then out and not at tackle then in, but we're happy to have Williams out there blocking.

Agreed. They shouldn't have to only win one way. And this year, they can't run or pass block consistently so it only highlights everything else after that. Even if we had Russell Wilson, we'd still probably be one and done in the playoffs. A more mobile QB will certainly help disguise PP 'and' RB issues but if the OL isn't concurrently fixed to the same "QB standards" like Seattle, you'll only go so far.

If fans want this, the pocket needs to look like this too. And the receivers gotta adjust and go get this ball like here.

Right now, we're 0 for 3 on these facets.

[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 21, 2020 at 1:23 PM ]
That bottom list is littered with injured QB's...with the one exception being Russell Wilson, of course.

You go as your pass protection goes in a passing league. Odd concept. And yes, having an escape artist at QB can be part of that equation.

[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 26, 2020 at 8:28 AM ]
That bottom list is littered with injured QB's...with the one exception being Russell Wilson, of course.

You go as your pass protection goes in a passing league. Odd concept. And yes, having an escape artist at QB can be part of that equation.

I see lots of QBs on that list that can actually move in the pocket and evade a rush unlike Jimmy who prefers to walk into it. I do though agree that the offensive line needs a major influx of talent.
Originally posted by illinois9er:
I see lots of QBs on that list that can actually move in the pocket and evade a rush unlike Jimmy who prefers to walk into it. I do though agree that the offensive line needs a major influx of talent.

Qb hits is a very weak stat to determine pass-pro, we've been through it a million times lol
Originally posted by illinois9er:

Qb hits is a very weak stat to determine pass-pro, we've been through it a million times lol

LOL.

• 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGM:

Agreed. They shouldn't have to only win one way. And this year, they can't run or pass block consistently so it only highlights everything else after that. Even if we had Russell Wilson, we'd still probably be one and done in the playoffs. A more mobile QB will certainly help disguise PP 'and' RB issues but if the OL isn't concurrently fixed to the same "QB standards" like Seattle, you'll only go so far.

If fans want this, the pocket needs to look like this too. And the receivers gotta adjust and go get this ball like here.

Right now, we're 0 for 3 on these facets.

that play is INT in the NFL... all the way..
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
UPDATING THE DRAFT..

1) JETS - Trevor Lawrence; QB - Clemston - (the owner should fire the HC already before he ruins New York's season by winning a couple of games and lose Trevor; sends Darnold to Atlanta)

2) JAGS - Justin Fields; QB - Ohio State - (Justin will be drafted 2nd because his college coach will be coaching here)

3) CINCY - Penei Sewell; OT - Oregon - (The Bengals will hope that Sewell is their next Anthony Munoz)

4) DALLAS - Zach Wilson; QB - BYU - (Dak is the Cowboys' QB until Jerry say so)

5) WASHINGTON - Trey Lance; QB - ND State (Owner Snyder gets who he wants, sends Haskins to Pittsburgh)

6) CHARGERS - Gregory Rousseau (New coach Ken Norton Jr will allow Ingram to walk so he brings in a younger End)

7) NY Giants - Ja'Marr Chase; WR - LSU (this Tiger will be as good if not better as the last Tiger WR the Giants once had)

8) ATLANTA - Samuel Cosmi; OT - Texas (Front wall must be built if new coach Bienemy wants The Red Manace Offense)

9) MIAMI (fr Houston) - Patrick Surtain II; CB - Alabama (Miami Pound Machine is getting built by the minute)

10) CAROLINA - Gregory Rousseau; DE - Miami - (Best player available happened to be a Julius Peppers clone)

11) DETROIT - Jaycee Horn; CB - S.Carolina - (New coach Saleh wants shut down on both corners)

12) MINN - Carlos Basham; DE/DT - Wake Forest - (The Vikings landed draft's best all around DL)

13) PATRIOTS - Rashad Weaver; DE - Pitt - (after trading for Matt Ryan, Bilichick continues to build his Dolphin Bill trap)

14) SF 49ERS - Christian Darrisaw; OT - Va Tech - (The fact remains that SF wins when Jimmy is healthy)
Rousseau is on your list twice
Originally posted by 9moon:
UPDATING THE DRAFT..
14) SF 49ERS - Christian Darrisaw; OT - Va Tech - (The fact remains that SF wins when Jimmy is healthy)

I can't see us taking a tackle here. There's actually good/great OT tackle talent on this team. Yes, McG had a down season but once can also make a decent argument that Brunskill is playing out of position at OG and makes a better tackle (last season as evidenced). We'll go defense (CB or Edge) if we can't move don't move up for a QB.
[ Edited by NinerGM on Nov 26, 2020 at 4:15 PM ]
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
UPDATING THE DRAFT..

1) JETS - Trevor Lawrence; QB - Clemston - (the owner should fire the HC already before he ruins New York's season by winning a couple of games and lose Trevor; sends Darnold to Atlanta)

2) JAGS - Justin Fields; QB - Ohio State - (Justin will be drafted 2nd because his college coach will be coaching here)

3) CINCY - Penei Sewell; OT - Oregon - (The Bengals will hope that Sewell is their next Anthony Munoz)

4) DALLAS - Zach Wilson; QB - BYU - (Dak is the Cowboys' QB until Jerry say so)

5) WASHINGTON - Trey Lance; QB - ND State (Owner Snyder gets who he wants, sends Haskins to Pittsburgh)

6) CHARGERS - Gregory Rousseau (New coach Ken Norton Jr will allow Ingram to walk so he brings in a younger End)

7) NY Giants - Ja'Marr Chase; WR - LSU (this Tiger will be as good if not better as the last Tiger WR the Giants once had)

8) ATLANTA - Samuel Cosmi; OT - Texas (Front wall must be built if new coach Bienemy wants The Red Manace Offense)

9) MIAMI (fr Houston) - Patrick Surtain II; CB - Alabama (Miami Pound Machine is getting built by the minute)

10) CAROLINA - Gregory Rousseau; DE - Miami - (Best player available happened to be a Julius Peppers clone)

11) DETROIT - Jaycee Horn; CB - S.Carolina - (New coach Saleh wants shut down on both corners)

12) MINN - Carlos Basham; DE/DT - Wake Forest - (The Vikings landed draft's best all around DL)

13) PATRIOTS - Rashad Weaver; DE - Pitt - (after trading for Matt Ryan, Bilichick continues to build his Dolphin Bill trap)

Rousseau is so good that he can play for two different teams at the same time.
Share 49erswebzone