LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 247 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • thl408
McKovitz. Good awareness to handle these DT twist stunts. He always had his head on a swivel. (4 plays)
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
One of the dumbest stats known to man lol.

Pretty wild what a better QB can do with this stat if you watched Philly vs the #1 D in the Saints.

This is the dumbest stat but you quote a guy using a stat who says this is, and I quote, "a top 10 O-Line."

Just sayin.

I straight spit my coffee out on that one. Dude is trying WAY too hard.

I wonder how quickly his tune would change if he got his Zach Wilson and he was smashed behind the same OL.

You know how that narrative would change.
Originally posted by thl408:
McKovitz. Good awareness to handle these DT twist stunts. He always had his head on a swivel. (4 plays)

That's so refreshing to see. Watch Skule for the opposite end of that "head on a swivel."

Pretty wild what a better QB can do with this stat if you watched Philly vs the #1 D in the Saints.

This is the dumbest stat but you quote a guy using a stat who says this is, and I quote, "a top 10 O-Line."

Just sayin.

Again...,he never said that GM. He said had to potential to be...same as last year, even though some folks won't acknowledge that OL was.
Originally posted by NCommand:

I wonder how quickly his tune would change if he got his Zach Wilson and he was smashed behind the same OL.

Or how quickly the tune would change if Zach Wilson is doing a Josh Allen and avoiding every sack then making a play. Then we can pretend the 9ers O line is actually good at pass blocking like with Buffalo.
So dumb the top half are going to the playoffs and the bottom aren't.

What's dumb was the Akash crap stat you posted. That was downright laughable. Nobody bought that in his comments for a second.

Weird they have good QBs too.

Yeah because half of the fans in his reply's are just that fans that don't understand s**t about football...they expect an OL to hold a pocket for 3 secs and don't have a clue what the responsibilities of a QB are or the line on any given play.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Dec 16, 2020 at 10:54 AM ]
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Or how quickly the tune would change if Zach Wilson is doing a Josh Allen and avoiding every sack then making a play. Then we can pretend the 9ers O line is actually good at pass blocking like with Buffalo.

I certainly can't speak to Buffalo's OL other than how they played against us. Clean, nice U, only moved off his spot a few times but plenty of room to move, 2.77 TTT "average," etc.

But I've also never said having a mobile QB with better pocket feel wouldn't help the OL either. I've always acknowledged that. Hell, Garoppolo used to be that himself.

But if you think Zack Wilson is going to cover up THIS OL (run it back), you're smoking the bad crack. If you're looking for a rookie QB to make up for the current unit pass protection issues, you're doing it wrong.

If that happens and it's sustainable over the years, I'd GLADLY eat crow with hot sauce!

What's dumb was the Akash crap stat you posted. That was downright laughable. Nobody bought that in his comments for a second.

Weird they have good QBs too.

Yeah because half of the fans in his reply's are just that fans that don't understand s**t about football...they expect an OL to hold a pocket for 3 secs and don't have a clue what the responsibilities of a QB are or the line on any given play.

How many are mobile like you want?
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 16, 2020 at 10:58 AM ]

Just sayin.

And in my quote I said I didn't agree with him that it was a top 10 line, also he clarified that as well...but like always we will cherry pick certain things and not look over the full spectrum of what I said or someone else talked about

No I'd be laughing at the both of you when Wilson/Lance actually improve the offense and OL play and this "qb hits" stat would magically disappear...or some BS excuse would come out.
Now, can we catch Philly?

C.J. BeatHard, come on down!

What's also notable is that Seattle gave up 6 hits per game through the first 6 games and were 5-1. They've allowed over 9, almost 9.5(66 in 7 games) per game since and are 4-3.
It's almost like if you allow more QB hits per game yourrecord gets worse....hmmmmm

No I'd be laughing at the both of you when Wilson/Lance actually improve the offense and OL play and this "qb hits" stat would magically disappear...or some BS excuse would come out.

You should read the QB hits stat more often. The mobile QB's are the ones who get hit the most. And behind THIS OL? So yeah, if that happens, I hope you bring it to me served chilled with extra hot sauce. I'll gladly take my medicine and unlike you, fully admit I was wrong.
Originally posted by jonnydel:
What's also notable is that Seattle gave up 6 hits per game through the first 6 games and were 5-1. They've allowed over 9, almost 9.5(66 in 7 games) per game since and are 4-3.
It's almost like if you allow more QB hits per game yourrecord gets worse....hmmmmm

Shocker stat right there.

You mean pressures/hits might be correlated to more QB mistakes? That protecting a QB is correlated to better QB decisions and higher probability of winning...in a passing league???
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 16, 2020 at 11:06 AM ]

1st 4 teams have one and INDY and Pitt get rid of the ball quickly. Big Ben TT is 2.29 and IAY is 7. Rivers TTT is 2.51 and his IAY is 7.2 lol

Put that in perspective Jimmy in 2019 was 2.65 TTT and 6.5 IAY, something you called out all yr as to why our OL was doing well.

1st 4 teams have one and INDY and Pitt get rid of the ball quickly. Big Ben TT is 2.29 and IAY is 7. Rivers TTT is 2.51 and his IAY is 7.2 lol

Put that in perspective Jimmy in 2019 was 2.65 TTT and 6.5 IAY, something you called out all yr as to why our OL was doing well.

I think you know that's a lie. I never said that. Haha.
That's literally (as in the accurate use of the word) what he's saying:

"Why the #49ers' offensive line isn't ENTIRELY to blame for their pass-protection issues: Sacks: 31 (21st in the NFL) Adjusted Sack Rate: 5.1% (7th in the NFL) Offensive Line is blocking well enough be a Top-10 unit, QBs aren't helping them out."

NY why do you always show one example and make this case as if that's the only thing we're seeing? I mean bud, you just posted in the McGlinchey thread where he was beat for an entire series that cost us any chance in winning the game. Does that have nothing to do with the OL? No one is saying that every single time there's a protection breakdown it's 100% the OL's fault, but it is most of the time and in critical game situations.

And let me add my edit that I'm not always saying McG is the single one and only cause of the OL blocking problems before that gets spun.

Hoov - the bolded is a copy and paste. I didn't add a thing. The point is, what stat is "dumb" what stat is "smart?"

I know. He didn't say they are a top 10 OL
Share 49ersWebzone