There are 159 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ronniefreakinlott42:
Walter Football draft has us taking a Center because they think it's unlikely Richburg returns. Anyone know the likelihood of his return?

San Francisco 49ers: Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin
Weston Richburg tore his patellar tendon, and there's usually no coming back from that. The 49ers need to make sure they have a viable starting center.

This would be too good to happen.

Landing him would, IMO, be a big difference maker then move Brunskill to Pearson's spot.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Richburg claims he'll be back for summer camp and the FO restrctutred his deal so there's a belief he'll be OK.

BUT...this is his 3rd straight year going on I.R. so at this point, it's wise NOT to count on him and find an excellent C/G combo. And have this rookie train at both C and RG. If Richburg is fine, he plays RG. If not, C.

Brunskill at RG

Quality player. 80 PP, 65 RB. Do you see him as a cornerstone with high upside for the next 5+ years?

Seeing as how he's probably the heir apparent to Staley, yes. He can man RG for now, but need to get someone else in their long term

Oh you think he'll replace Staley? Wouldn't that be epic (assuming he can play at a high level like that consistently for many years)!

Yes. Appears they want to keep MM at RT and Brunskill not only possesses the traits KS loved/needs in OT (pretty similar to Staley) he was also flawless when he played LT/RT and didn't need any help
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Mar 1, 2020 at 2:32 PM ]
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Richburg claims he'll be back for summer camp and the FO restrctutred his deal so there's a belief he'll be OK.

BUT...this is his 3rd straight year going on I.R. so at this point, it's wise NOT to count on him and find an excellent C/G combo. And have this rookie train at both C and RG. If Richburg is fine, he plays RG. If not, C.

Brunskill at RG

Quality player. 80 PP, 65 RB. Do you see him as a cornerstone with high upside for the next 5+ years?

Seeing as how he's probably the heir apparent to Staley, yes. He can man RG for now, but need to get someone else in their long term

Oh you think he'll replace Staley? Wouldn't that be epic (assuming he can play at a high level like that consistently for many years)!

Yes. Appears they want to keep MM at RT and Brunskill not only possesses the traits KS loved/needs in OT (pretty similar to Staley) he was also flawless when he played LT/RT and didn't need any help

That's great. I'm not there yet (in terms of him being a long term cornerstone) but I do like what's on film and his traits and esp. his strength to push through the AAF to get here. Like Damontre Moore, I know you're going to get 110% from him both in effort/commitment and attitude.
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 1, 2020 at 2:57 PM ]
If we shore up the offensive line at the guard positions Jimmy would probably have more time to go through his reads and we would probably see more deep passes thrown as well because he would have the time to throw it.
We will see how the offseason goes and what Shanahan decides to do with the line but at least 1 change at guard should be warranted.
[ Edited by philgardis49 on Mar 1, 2020 at 7:12 PM ]
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Walter Football draft has us taking a Center because they think it's unlikely Richburg returns. Anyone know the likelihood of his return?

Weston Richburg tore his patellar tendon, and there's usually no coming back from that. The 49ers need to make sure they have a viable starting center.

We're not going OL early in the draft, Kyle has already shown he can get OL with late picks, via trades like Laken, vets like Garland, Person and Brunskill who were late rd or UDFAs. Bigger needs than a RG or C, or even LT, I wouldn't cut Person, unlike what SI said.

Plus I never take anything Walter Football says seriously, they're a joke of a website.

You mean like mcg? Iol pass pro is our area of weakest performance. I wouldnt complain if we draft 2 ol with first two picks.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

We're not going OL early in the draft, Kyle has already shown he can get OL with late picks, via trades like Laken, vets like Garland, Person and Brunskill who were late rd or UDFAs. Bigger needs than a RG or C, or even LT, I wouldn't cut Person, unlike what SI said.

Plus I never take anything Walter Football says seriously, they're a joke of a website.

You mean like mcg? Iol pass pro is our area of weakest performance. I wouldnt complain if we draft 2 ol with first two picks.

Daily reminder.

One lead to an INT and 3 points the other way.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Daily reminder.

One lead to an INT and 3 points the other way.

The film clearly shows when our OL didn't step up in the 4th we lost the Super Bowl. People blaming Jimmy for that just haven't watched the film closely or don't know the first thing about football, or are just trolls from another team.
Originally posted by Goatie:
The film clearly shows when our OL didn't step up in the 4th we lost the Super Bowl. People blaming Jimmy for that just haven't watched the film closely or don't know the first thing about football, or are just trolls from another team.

If they take Biadasz in the first rd then someone should be fired. Kid is dealing with injuries and his play has been underwhelming. He's more like a day 3 guy at this pt.

Walter football is poop.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

Kyle values OT and a smart/athletic center. Guard play is low on his list. They have OTs and depth there. Richburg is supposedly going to be fine for OTAs (same as last yr).

Right or wrong, that's how Kyle views it.

Originally posted by Goatie:

Both can be true. IOL with a backup center didn't step up AND Jimmy didn't make easy reads that were there to be had.
We still need an OT replacement for Joe right... OT at #31 makes sense too. How deep is this draft at OT?
NY, this is what I've been talking about with regards to Tomlinson as a pass protector. Run blocking is great but man, he's terrible and literally, blind at times.

Quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo suffered the most hits, hurries, and pressures from defenders running through left guard Laken Tomlinson and right guard Mike Person. Combined, Tomlinson and Person allowed ten hits, 50 hurries, and 64 pressures.

Unfortunately, the FO won't be looking to give him any real competition this year as it's the lesser of two (C health and RG) other IOL issues. But it's still a very real issue nonetheless.

But collectively, IOL pass protection is a wreck. I know you addressed it in your mock but wanted to circle back on Tomlinson, specifically, per a previous exchange.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/commentary/2318-film-field-house-49ers-case-upgrading-interior-offensive/

Cheers.
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 5, 2020 at 7:21 AM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
We still need an OT replacement for Joe right... OT at #31 makes sense too. How deep is this draft at OT?

The very first mock I pulled up this morning had 5 or 6 going in the 1st round.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
NY, this is what I've been talking about with regards to Tomlinson as a pass protector. Run blocking is great but man, he's terrible and literally, blind at times.

Quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo suffered the most hits, hurries, and pressures from defenders running through left guard Laken Tomlinson and right guard Mike Person. Combined, Tomlinson and Person allowed ten hits, 50 hurries, and 64 pressures.

Unfortunately, the FO won't be looking to give him any real competition this year as it's the lesser of two (C health and RG) other IOL issues. But it's still a very real issue nonetheless.

But collectively, IOL pass protection is a wreck. I know you addressed it in your mock but wanted to circle back on Tomlinson, specifically, per a previous exchange.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/commentary/2318-film-field-house-49ers-case-upgrading-interior-offensive/

Cheers.

I knew you were going to catch Bret's article. You can't hide from that analysis. Kyle's running has been covering for talent deficiency on the IOL. There's reason Person has *always* been a bridge player to another starter (upgrade) in his career. Person is *not* a starter and until we upgrade the IOL, that championship will always be elusive.

Share 49ersWebzone