There are 177 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
When Joe retires, I hope they keep him in the building to mentor the young kids and even maybe an OL assistant.
Totally. We go as the OL goes and so far, no doubt, they've been collectively really good. Protect the face.

For outside perspective, it looks like we might have some competition for OL next draft. LOL

Originally posted by braap49er:
When Joe retires, I hope they keep him in the building to mentor the young kids and even maybe an OL assistant.

Good call man!

Miami gross lol
Originally posted by NCommand:
For outside perspective, it looks like we might have some competition for OL next draft. LOL

At least 65% of the league is in a worse position then we are at OL.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Pass protection always has a lot to do with the QB. The best OL in football can be made to look like doodoo by a QB with poor decisiveness or awareness. You have QBs like Brady that get rid of the ball fast and seem to always move away from pressure and then you have the CJ Beathards that are oblivious to their surroundings and the QBs that will step right into pass rush lanes.
At least 65% of the league is in a worse position then we are at OL.

Did you get that from PFF?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Pass protection always has a lot to do with the QB. The best OL in football can be made to look like doodoo by a QB with poor decisiveness or awareness. You have QBs like Brady that get rid of the ball fast and seem to always move away from pressure and then you have the CJ Beathards that are oblivious to their surroundings and the QBs that will step right into pass rush lanes.

Yup. The style of QB play is important. All your "athletic QB's" --- fans knew the difference of OL play needed between Joe Montana, Steve Young and Jeff Garcia. These days, Watson, Wilson, and a host of others always are at the bottom of the TT stats but can also lead in CAY as a result but there's a big trade off on the OL. I remember our OL complaining about Jeff Garcia publicly because they never knew which way to block for him. There's always shared responsibility.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 19, 2019 at 10:41 AM ]

• dj43
Originally posted by yung_prophet_one:
there is something we can do.. we have more than enough money.. sign the best free agent LT for one year so even if he isn't ready to start by this week we have a bye for him to get the play book down or whatever.. at least have someone with experience playing or at least have a decent tackle backing up a 6th round rookie.. who is our backup tackle right now anyway? and yes Shanahan will have a TE to help or a back to chip to help skule out but that means Shanahan has to call a play that helps him out and that's not a good thing at all.. you want Shanahan calling the best play that he thinks is best for every down and him having to cover the LT problem changes that play

Do you have someone in mind?

Lynch brought in Sam Young and didn't sign him.

Shanahan said they looked at all possible options.

Unless Skule gets murdered by Dupree, I don't see a move coming. There just are no decent OTs sitting on a couch anyplace. Four or five teams now have OT injuries of one length or another and are looking for someone to plug the gap. Nothing.
Trent Brown would be helpful about now.
  • dj43
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

But would also limit what Kyle could call.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by braap49er:

Good call man!

I also agree. Staley for assistant OLine coach to Benton!
Share 49erswebzone