There are 454 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 24karat49er:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Risner, hands down. AND Deebo. The WR run hadn't even started so moving up like we did for Pettis was a strong likelihood and if not, it was a very deep draft for Kyle-type WR's in the 3rd. Risner also gives you 1,100 snaps a year compared to Deebo (600+) and he can play T...forward thinking. And this is just one example in 3 years and not including FA or later round developmental picks from year 1 or 2 who should be ready by now.

So Risner plays guard for us and we have no LT still? That was the issue with Risner during the draft...can he play tackle at the next level.

Also that's a straight up hypothetical with being able to get Risner and Deebo.
Instead of wasting a 3rd to get Pettis in 2018 we could have used that 3rd to get a capable swing tackle to develop. I forgot who was out there in the 3rd, but i know there was some tackles still on the board smh. They would have had a year of nfl experience in this offense under their belt. Lets hope skule pulls through hopefully we dont have hella penalties. Dont hold skule!

We wasted a 2nd on Pettis lol

A 2nd and a 3rd we traded a whole 3rd to trade up 15 spots in the second round smh. If we were gonna trade up for someone it should have been Sutton. Pettis would have still been there 15 spots later and if he wasnt we could have got Chark and still used that 3rd on an offensive linemen we had 3 3rds it seems like they hit on Warner and Moore but we could have used that other 3rd on the line. Pettis is alright but ot worth trading up for. Especially a 3rd wtf,

Yup all true but if my uncle were my aunt she'd have balz. So much for "IF"
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
And down goes New England's left tackle. interested in seeing how the Hoodie responds.

They'll probably sign some no name and people in here will give BB a standing ovation lol

The Patriots drafted N'Keal Harry in the first instead of Risner...what a bunch of idiots

Wait...Is that how it works

And down goes New England's left tackle. interested in seeing how the Hoodie responds.

They'll probably sign some no name and people in here will give BB a standing ovation lol

The Patriots drafted N'Keal Harry in the first instead of Risner...what a bunch of idiots

Wait...Is that how it works
I wanted nkeal harry too im happy with deebo tho. Im starting deebo and jimmy in fantasy this week "smart stack" i think our line will be decent that balls gotta come out fast though. I dont trust skule either but i hope he protects Jimmy. Worst case scenario kyles gonna have to flip the script n put MM at LT regardless of what he said about keeping MM at RT. In my opinion hes our best option right now. Or trade for that guy Williams from washington.
[ Edited by 24karat49er on Sep 17, 2019 at 2:54 PM ]
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Risner, hands down. AND Deebo. The WR run hadn't even started so moving up like we did for Pettis was a strong likelihood and if not, it was a very deep draft for Kyle-type WR's in the 3rd. Risner also gives you 1,100 snaps a year compared to Deebo (600+) and he can play T...forward thinking. And this is just one example in 3 years and not including FA or later round developmental picks from year 1 or 2 who should be ready by now.

So Risner plays guard for us and we have no LT still? That was the issue with Risner during the draft...can he play tackle at the next level.

Also that's a straight up hypothetical with being able to get Risner and Deebo.
Instead of wasting a 3rd to get Pettis in 2018 we could have used that 3rd to get a capable swing tackle to develop. I forgot who was out there in the 3rd, but i know there was some tackles still on the board smh. They would have had a year of nfl experience in this offense under their belt. Lets hope skule pulls through hopefully we dont have hella penalties. Dont hold skule!

We wasted a 2nd on Pettis lol

A 2nd and a 3rd we traded a whole 3rd to trade up 15 spots in the second round smh. If we were gonna trade up for someone it should have been Sutton. Pettis would have still been there 15 spots later and if he wasnt we could have got Chark and still used that 3rd on an offensive linemen we had 3 3rds it seems like they hit on Warner and Moore but we could have used that other 3rd on the line. Pettis is alright but ot worth trading up for. Especially a 3rd wtf,

Yup all true but if my uncle were my aunt she'd have balz. So much for "IF"

So u agreed with that stupid trade?

Man if McGlinchey went on IR two years in a row, people would be trying to burn Levis down.

It's gonna cost them this year. Bank on it. They work miracles over there but they've lost a lot and didn't start with a lot.

Hoodie trade?
It's gonna cost them this year. Bank on it. They work miracles over there but they've lost a lot and didn't start with a lot.

Hoodie trade?

The Patriots drafted N'Keal Harry in the first instead of Risner...what a bunch of dummies
I had a chance to watch
LOL. I guess so.

Let's calm down a tad. It's been 2 games to start the season and they played exceptional last game.

I mean would you be calm right now if they didn't play well in PP the past two games? I highly doubt it lol.

If I pointed out they were awesome in run blocking and poor in PP, you'd be telling me that s**t doesn't matter in today's game...yet here we are and you're telling me they didn't run the ball well week one, despite giving up one QB hit week 1

I get it, we didn't draft the one guy in the 2nd rd that until it happens is still a guard for the broncos...I liked Risner, but I also like Deebo. Our WR corps was trash. We can throw out hypothetical (because that's what it is) situations on how we could have landed both BUT guess what they went for WR. Is what it is.

How about we wait until the OL plays poorly (like 75% of the league is currently) before we proclaim Risner over Deebo? That's fair imo

No because one has been a perpetual problem which is why, when they've done good, I praise them.

FYI: I had a chance to watch the condensed version. Richburg is clearly not back strength-wise in his legs. He's constantly getting driven back in the run game when squared up. In fact, that long Breida Barry Sanders run was a result of him getting shoved 3 yards back into Breida. He's OK when he can turn a DL out though. Really good in PP which is huge for us and fantastic at getting to the second level and good blocking on the move. If he can get his full strength back by week 8, he could become a dominant C for this offense. But for now, expect to continue to get outside like against the Bengals vs. inside like the Bucs.
I had a chance to watch
No because one has been a perpetual problem which is why, when they've done good, I praise them.

FYI: I had a chance to watch the condensed version. Richburg is clearly not back strength-wise in his legs. He's constantly getting driven back in the run game when squared up. In fact, that long Breida Barry Sanders run was a result of him getting shoved 3 yards back into Breida. He's OK when he can turn a DL out though. Really good in PP which is huge for us and fantastic at getting to the second level and good blocking on the move. If he can get his full strength back by week 8, he could become a dominant C for this offense. But for now, expect to continue to get outside like against the Bengals vs. inside like the Bucs.

That was always an issue with him back in the NY days...I told you back when you wanted him in FA that run-blocking in general was an issue with him but when healthy he was a quality PP.

We have a quality OL overall and if people have watched the NFL over the course of the past two weeks they will see how s**tty OLs are around the league.
That was always an issue with him back in the NY days...I told you back when you wanted him in FA that run-blocking in general was an issue with him but when healthy he was a quality PP.

We have a quality OL overall and if people have watched the NFL over the course of the past two weeks they will see how s**tty OLs are around the league.

I didn't know he was Kilgore-esque that way. I mean next to zero power. At least stalemate. LOL. That's probably why I wanted Jensen a tad more back then. But TBF, I'm 'hoping' a good portion of it is just getting his NFL strength back after being out of football activities for so long.

I didn't know he was Kilgore-esque that way. I mean next to zero power. At least stalemate. LOL. That's probably why I wanted Jensen a tad more back then. But TBF, I'm 'hoping' a good portion of it is just getting his NFL strength back after being out of football activities for so long.

You loved you some richburg he fit the scheme a little better.

Once he gets back to full health he's gonna be a quality center.

You loved you some richburg he fit the scheme a little better.

Once he gets back to full health he's gonna be a quality center.

I did! It was clearly 1 and 1A for me. I'm genuinely not too worried about him. Just health and strength for anchoring. He really has everything else Kyle needs for this offense.
You didn't have to be a prophet to see this coming. Why go into the season without a legit swing tackle? It's mind blowing.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Sep 17, 2019 at 4:15 PM ]
  • dj43
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
You didn't have to be a prophet to see this coming. Why go into the season without a legit swing tackle is mind blowing.

We didn't. Coleman was the ideal swing but his injury came when it was too late to get anyone of quality.

AT THAT TIME, we had Skule and Brunskill in developmental roles behind Coleman, and we looked pretty good. Lynch brought in Sam Young, but he wasn't able to beat out either of those other two. Now he is back for another audition.
Originally posted by dj43:
We didn't. Coleman was the ideal swing but his injury came when it was too late to get anyone of quality.

AT THAT TIME, we had Skule and Brunskill in developmental roles behind Coleman, and we looked pretty good. Lynch brought in Sam Young, but he wasn't able to beat out either of those other two. Now he is back for another audition.

Is he official back yet?
Share 49ersWebzone