There are 173 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
We wasted a 2nd on Pettis lol

I'm still hopeful he pans out. He has some shifty moves and I think the medical staff had some input as to keeping Pettis out of practice. The current medical staff seems ultra conservative.

As for the injury to Staley, the fact that he's 35 and that he got a fractured tibia (non-weight bearing bone) is a little bit of an indication that it's nearing the time for Staley to hang them up. I bet if he was younger, that bone would not have fractured. Usually players near the end of their careers start suffering assorted minor injuries, (this one is major). I think ShanaLynch will take advantage of the draft nerds predictions that next year's OLine draft class is one of the strongest. I'm hoping ShanaLynch takes advantage of that.

So all of a sudden staley is gonna retire because he suffered a hairline fracture on his fibula? Really bro? Staley is a warrior and will come back better then ever. Skule needs to hold the fort down which he will until he comes back. We're laying the smackdown on the steelers this sunday and their will be crickets on here and all of the other threads. oh wait no their won't because we can win by 35 points and everybody here will still find something to complain about.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
^^^you meant fibula.

As for being older and more likely to get a fx, Ncommand slowed down the film and found the frame where the injury occurred. Basically, anybody problably gets a fx there under that circumstance. It was about mid fibula and due to the contact involved, a hairline fx is a blessing. Coulda been a lot worse.

Danke Doc! F I B U L A.

Yeah it could have been worse. My hope is that Skule does so well, Staley can afford to take 10 weeks off. Staley was doing well too, before the injury, so I'm not calling him washed up at this point, but I think NC's criticism about ShanaLynch needing to invest in the OLine - needs to be acted upon by the front office here on out. I don't see them drafting a OLineman in the first or 3rd rounds next year - but they should draft one in the fifthe or later rounds if Skule pans out, and if not, then in the 4th round at minimum. Again, deferring to our resident draft nerds - ShanaLynch should be able to find a quality OLineman in the midrounds next year if not later. But I'm really hoping Shon Coleman, Pope, Brunskill, and Skule do pan out and look like all pros that we *dont* have to pick an OLineman in next years draft.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by mustangmele:
Now would be a good time to trade one of our D-Lineman for a quality backup LT.

I'd hate to do it, but it might be necessary.

It might be, but I think they'll wait untill after the Steeler game if they do - do that.
And down goes New England's left tackle. interested in seeing how the Hoodie responds.
[ Edited by Heroism on Sep 17, 2019 at 2:10 PM ]
Anybody got an OT for a CJ?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
And down goes New England's left tackle. interested in seeing how the Hoodie responds.

You talking about Wynn? Turf toe.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27639088/source-wynn-put-ir-latest-blow-pats-ol
[ Edited by mayo49 on Sep 17, 2019 at 2:39 PM ]
Originally posted by swaccmac1:
hope you're right ny .... I just have nightmares about what I saw last night.... any way, I think they'll look around the league and see what the options are ... if not we'll just hope for the best

I mean I totally get it Myles is a beast...he was also unblocked quit a bit last night. Gase called a horrible game.

I'm not confident in Skule, I do expect a ton of running the ball over the next couple weeks. Our D has gotta keep doing what they're doing
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Man, they have a ton of OLinemen on that New England squad.
Originally posted by Giedi:

Man, they have a ton of OLinemen on that New England squad.

Good coaching can mask any deficiencies. Thank goodness shanny is a good coach. But of course it won't be recognized because apparently our offensive line is the worst in the nfl to some posters on here.
Originally posted by NCommand:
LOL. I guess so.

Let's calm down a tad. It's been 2 games to start the season and they played exceptional last game.

I mean would you be calm right now if they didn't play well in PP the past two games? I highly doubt it lol.

If I pointed out they were awesome in run blocking and poor in PP, you'd be telling me that s**t doesn't matter in today's game...yet here we are and you're telling me they didn't run the ball well week one, despite giving up one QB hit week 1

I get it, we didn't draft the one guy in the 2nd rd that until it happens is still a guard for the broncos...I liked Risner, but I also like Deebo. Our WR corps was trash. We can throw out hypothetical (because that's what it is) situations on how we could have landed both BUT guess what they went for WR. Is what it is.

How about we wait until the OL plays poorly (like 75% of the league is currently) before we proclaim Risner over Deebo? That's fair imo

Originally posted by NYniner85:
LOL. I guess so.

Let's calm down a tad. It's been 2 games to start the season and they played exceptional last game.

I mean would you be calm right now if they didn't play well in PP the past two games? I highly doubt it lol.

If I pointed out they were awesome in run blocking and poor in PP, you'd be telling me that s**t doesn't matter in today's game...yet here we are and you're telling me they didn't run the ball well week one, despite giving up one QB hit week 1

I get it, we didn't draft the one guy in the 2nd rd that until it happens is still a guard for the broncos...I liked Risner, but I also like Deebo. Our WR corps was trash. We can throw out hypothetical (because that's what it is) situations on how we could have landed both BUT guess what they went for WR. Is what it is.

How about we wait until the OL plays poorly (like 75% of the league is currently) before we proclaim Risner over Deebo? That's fair imo

Deebo is a dog. I would take deebo over risner any day. But of course everybody here loves risner over deebo because niners.

They'll probably sign some no name and people in here will give BB a standing ovation lol
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by 24karat49er:
Risner, hands down. AND Deebo. The WR run hadn't even started so moving up like we did for Pettis was a strong likelihood and if not, it was a very deep draft for Kyle-type WR's in the 3rd. Risner also gives you 1,100 snaps a year compared to Deebo (600+) and he can play T...forward thinking. And this is just one example in 3 years and not including FA or later round developmental picks from year 1 or 2 who should be ready by now.

So Risner plays guard for us and we have no LT still? That was the issue with Risner during the draft...can he play tackle at the next level.

Also that's a straight up hypothetical with being able to get Risner and Deebo.
Instead of wasting a 3rd to get Pettis in 2018 we could have used that 3rd to get a capable swing tackle to develop. I forgot who was out there in the 3rd, but i know there was some tackles still on the board smh. They would have had a year of nfl experience in this offense under their belt. Lets hope skule pulls through hopefully we dont have hella penalties. Dont hold skule!

We wasted a 2nd on Pettis lol

A 2nd and a 3rd we traded a whole 3rd to trade up 15 spots in the second round smh. If we were gonna trade up for someone it should have been Sutton. Pettis would have still been there 15 spots later and if he wasnt we could have got Chark and still used that 3rd on an offensive linemen we had 3 3rds it seems like they hit on Warner and Moore but we could have used that other 3rd on the line. Pettis is alright but ot worth trading up for. Especially a 3rd wtf,

They'll probably sign some no name and people in here will give BB a standing ovation lol

The Patriots drafted N'Keal Harry in the first instead of Risner...what a bunch of idiots

Wait...Is that how it works
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

You talking about Wynn? Turf toe.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27639088/source-wynn-put-ir-latest-blow-pats-ol

He's snakebit like Garnett. First year - achillies injury, now (I think) a fractured toe (is it called a Turf Toe?) I'll leave it to the Doc's on this board. That's two years in a row he's been injured.
Share 49ersWebzone