LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 143 users in the forums

Just how far away are the 49ers from a Super Bowl?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
6 above-average players according to this:

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/12179331/how-many-players-away-super-bowl-team

If I'm reading this correctly, of the 30 teams that didn't make it, the 49ers are the 9th closest team, grouping them with teams like Cleveland and the Giants.
Sure, but how many above average players do we have that were injured or suspended for a good portion of the season? Bowman, Willis & Aldon would have easily crossed off 3 players had they qualified.
13 or 14 regular season wins and two playoff victories. Or 10 to 12 regular season wins and three playoff victories.
18 games away
Bowman, Dorsey, Williams, Kilgore, Acker, Carrier
  • buck
  • Veteran
Think the 49ers are exactly as far away as every other team in the league---17 or 18 games, if I am not mistaken, from reaching the Super Bowl,

Was this a trick question?

[ Edited by buck on Feb 11, 2015 at 11:37 AM ]
about 11 and a half months
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
18 games away

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
lol super bowl

I'd consider it a minor miracle if we just made the playoffs.
  • thl408
For next year's Super Bowl, not very far. They practice very close, so about 4-6 miles.

Talent wise this team is ready for the SB right now...but this all hinges on how this coaching shake up pans out. I really hope they did not just screw themselves in wasting a SB ready roster by turning over the coaching staff and promoting within the way they did. we shall see.
not even sure what our final roster will look like, so who knows
Originally posted by thl408:
For next year's Super Bowl, not very far. They practice very close, so about 4-6 miles.
4-6 miles, more like 4-6 feet
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by thl408:
4-6 miles, more like 4-6 feet

LOL. This. They are right next door.
I'd have to agree. At this moment the 49ers are six players in the right places away from the Super Bowl. Like it or not, and I don't , the 49ers have some holes and are not as deep as we would like to believe they are. In retrospect, the failure of the 49ers 2012 draft really did set us back . Baalke needs to hit some home runs with this year's draft and hope our young players develop.
Share 49ersWebzone