LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

49ers history thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Hard to believe it's been 19 years since this game was played. This is my favorite 49er game post 1994, hands down
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:

Hard to believe it's been 19 years since this game was played. This is my favorite 49er game post 1994, hands down
s**t has it been that long.. was at this game. Loudest i ever heard the stick roar
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Jan 3, 2018 at 5:41 PM ]

Playoff win against the Saints was better IMO.
This one's for 816

[ Edited by NCommand on Jan 12, 2018 at 6:38 AM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
This one's for 816

....and this is for everyone

I still think my favorite Walsh sound clip is when he yells at Paul Hackett...."I put the f**king play in, Paul.....and know you're correcting me on the field"

I want a T-shirt of that with a pic of Bill on it and underneath it says "I put the f**king play in, Paul!!!"
[ Edited by Niners816 on Jan 12, 2018 at 10:51 AM ]
Originally posted by Niners816:

I still think my favorite Walsh sound clip is when he yells at Paul Hackett...."I put the f**king play in, Paul.....and know you're correcting me on the field"

I want a T-shirt of that with a pic of Bill on it and underneath it says "I put the f**king play in, Paul!!!"

Everything about that clip was hilarious. His incredulous reaction and body language while saying wait wait.

I think he said something to the tune of "now I'm being told by you wtf to do!" Love those clips!

Everything about that clip was hilarious. His incredulous reaction and body language while saying wait wait.

I think he said something to the tune of "now I'm being told by you wtf to do!" Love those clips!

And the psychology behind it was genius too.

I watched Bill Walsh: A Football Life earlier this season and it got me hyped. The struggles of the 1979 season reminded me so much of our 0-9 start this season.
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

s**t has it been that long.. was at this game. Loudest i ever heard the stick roar

Did you go the New Orleans game in 2011? That was crazy loud. I didn't go to the GB game but I remember it like it was yesterday. Frickin Steve stumbling around...lol, about had a heart attack.
Loved that comeback against the Giants. It's one of my favorite games because for some reason I never thought that we were out of it and I thought that we could win, pretty much the whole time.

Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

I watched Bill Walsh: A Football Life earlier this season and it got me hyped. The struggles of the 1979 season reminded me so much of our 0-9 start this season.

Exactly, It reminded me of this....

I love it.....and I want a shirt of it
Originally posted by NCommand:

And the psychology behind it was genius too.

Yeah, how he would pre select assistants to yell at to get the players attention. They had planned that whole thing out but the players never knew. It set the tone that no one was above correction while still making sure not to upset your coaches by jumping in them for real things in front of everyone.
Kinda b***h move by Paul Brown to call up potential teams Walsh was interviewing to 'blackball' him.

I can understand not giving him the Browns HC job. Paul was right about Walsh not being able to handle the football season emotionally, too high and too low at times. But to have gone further to call up potential interviewing teams.

Could've gone to GreenBay, Rams, and Seattle
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jan 12, 2018 at 3:50 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Defense wins super bowls!

Share 49ersWebzone