LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 308 users in the forums

49ers history thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Niners816:
Speaking of niners-steelers, would have been nice if refs wouldn't have butchered that PI call in 1984. Would have been nice to have the opportunity to go for a perfect season with the juggernaut '84 team.

This. I believe it was Eric Wright that was called for PI in the end zone? Terrible call - thought it was a great play by a great CB.
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
NFL Network re-aired that game in summer 2008 and I may actually have it recorded onto my old computer. I'll do my best to find it and send a copy your way.

Kevin Smith's youtube channel is great for the old games. I find myself spending hours on end watching games, even the ones we lost or ones that didn't involve us.

That'd be great if you had it....in just shocked it's not avail on YouTube. Same goes for the 1998 SF-Indy game. Rookie manning and Faulk building a 21-0 lead only to have Steve lead us back.

Kevin smiths channel is awesome. I check it like every other day looking for games.
NFL Network re-aired that game in summer 2008 and I may actually have it recorded onto my old computer. I'll do my best to find it and send a copy your way.

Kevin Smith's youtube channel is great for the old games. I find myself spending hours on end watching games, even the ones we lost or ones that didn't involve us.

That'd be great if you had it....in just shocked it's not avail on YouTube. Same goes for the 1998 SF-Indy game. Rookie manning and Faulk building a 21-0 lead only to have Steve lead us back.

Kevin smiths channel is awesome. I check it like every other day looking for games.

That 1998 Indy game has never been re-aired in its entirety as far as I know, but NFL Network did re-air the 4th quarter of the game a few years ago. I'll keep you posted about the NYJ season opener.
That 1998 Indy game has never been re-aired in its entirety as far as I know, but NFL Network did re-air the 4th quarter of the game a few years ago. I'll keep you posted about the NYJ season opener.

The Hearst game? They showed that on NFL Network sometimes.

Nice game from the 87 season.
Ok things are s**tty in niner land so I decided to look at some happier times. Here is the game winning TD pass in SB23

1988 - "nod with Texas backside"

Jerry motions across to occupy the corner and widen out the safety. Rathman runs a wide route. JT runs a nod from a TE position, nod fools the Defender and he's able to beat the safety inside because safety shading over to help coverage on Jerry. On the backside TE Frank's runs a seam and Roger is running a Texas route.

Here is a replay of JTs Nod

Note:I also posted this in pinned All22 thread at the top of the forum. If you like s**t like this I've probably broken down 25 or so plays and in most cases their are actual playbook diagrams. Also the thread was created by Thl408 and with in its first several pages there is almost an encyclopedia of football concepts and terms.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Oct 25, 2015 at 11:30 PM ]
Ok, here's another iconic franchise play.

1994 - "HB seam"

This play is a variation of the diagram below. We are using a different formation and it looks like we are play passing off of a different run action. However this play art has the HB seam route.

20 Years ago today this happened:

We were 13.5 point dogs:

How in the hell has it been 20 years. Still remains one of the most gratifying wins. Dallas was talking so much s**t and it was just assumed they would run us. My favorite post game quote was from Eddie D...he said "I want to thank Dallas for not running the score up too much on us".

1996 vs Baltimore

1998 wildcard vs GB (Catch 2)

1996 vs Baltimore

Our only win vs Baltimore before this season
1996 vs Baltimore

Our only win vs Baltimore before this season

Watching this game, I'm reminded how much I disliked the 1996 uni change. I liked the 1994 unis for what they were....a single season change of pace. In fact, I'd love for them to be our Alts instead of the black one. The only redeeming quality of the 1996 set is the bad ass 50th anniversary patch.

1997 Divisional vs Minnesota
Share 49ersWebzone