LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 278 users in the forums

The Silver Lining Thread (positive people come on in!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Breida should be well rested for fantasy playoffs

If not Marcus Lattimore is the ace up my sleeve
The Niners have had a lot of close games these years under Shanahan. They've done well in these games with Garoppolo leading the charge. Though a tough loss yesterday, I see the Niners coming back strong next Sunday vs. the Saints. We know the Saints are good; however, make Brees as uncomfortable as possible throughout the game with some good, clean hits and sacks like this team does. Put up some points on offense like Garoppolo and the talent on O does in making plays. Do this and I really like this team's chances next week and in the weeks thereafter.
[ Edited by LottDMontanaO on Dec 2, 2019 at 11:03 PM ]
If anything I think we go through the Wild Card in Dallas. Should be an easy victory esp with Niner Faithful running wild in the stands.
Before the season started, I thought the 9ers had a fairly good chance to win 8 -10 games this year with maybe a shot at the post-season. If you had told me then that you predicted that the 9ers would be 10 and 2 three fourths of the way through the season and only lose those two games by three points each to two of the top teams in the NFL, I would have wondered if you were being serious.

I hate the two losses and how they happened, but if I step back and think about my expectations before the season, I'm jazzed about how the season overall has gone. Go Niners!
[ Edited by 49erphan on Dec 3, 2019 at 6:47 AM ]
Originally posted by 49erphan:
Before the season started, I thought the 9ers had a fairly good chance to win 8 -10 games this year with maybe a shot at the post-season. If you had told me then that you predicted that the 9ers would be 10 and 2 three fourths of the way through the season and only lose those two games by three points each to two of the top teams in the NFL, I would have wondered if you were being serious.

I hate the two losses and how they happened, but if I step back and think about my expectations before the season, I'm jazzed about how the season overall has gone. Go Niners!

Another silver lining: Sherm said those two losses are learning experiences going forward. I agree.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Another silver lining: Sherm said those two losses are learning experiences going forward. I agree.

JG gotta quit giving up the easy turnovers. Less room for errors in the playoffs
Silver lining - everyone (nationally) seems to care about the 49ers next game. Every week it seems to be the 'game of the week' - this Sunday, again.
[ Edited by judodono on Dec 3, 2019 at 7:23 AM ]

Completely agree - good post!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
We control our own destiny.

#WCOOD
At the beginning of the season I predicted (and hoped) we would go 11-5. Now I hope we don't go 11-5 because we can do better!

We are a young team so even if we don't win it all this year our future looks bright! ...and all our young players could still improve further.

Taylor and Hurd may actually be healthy next season and Hurd could end up being better than we could have hoped!

Dee Ford might get surgery this off-season and will be fully healthy next year! Blair should also be back!

Jimmy G will keep improving with more experience!
We are being talked about as possible Super Bowl contenders... who would've thought.
sucks that the niners at 10-2 still could show up as a wild card player

but........I mean........OF COURSE .

if any team can go through the gauntlet of tough , hard to kill , pit of inferno type football, all the way to the end, it's the 2019 niners.

This team has been through hell and back, had the toughest schedule in the league, called overrated , been overlooked, stomped out some wins BY THREE SCORES on winning contenders , took the seahawks to the limit in ot after nearly beating them, took the Ravens ON THE ROAD, IN APOCALYPTIC RAINFALL, and lost to them by 3 points.

I still believe in this team and can see them winning it all defying all odds THIS YEAR.

not bad for a projected 3-13 team.

Help me think and feel positive!

I'm getting Tony RomoS Cowboy like vibes from this team!! I feel like we are going to be very good during the season, but always lose in playoffs. And we can't beat the Seahawks ever!! Much like Peytons Colts vs Patriots!

I want us to be the next great dynasty! And I want to feel like we can be!!!!!!!

I'm Scurred bros!
Originally posted by CrankDatCrabtree:
Help me think and feel positive!

I'm getting Tony RomoS Cowboy like vibes from this team!! I feel like we are going to be very good during the season, but always lose in playoffs. And we can't beat the Seahawks ever!! Much like Peytons Colts vs Patriots!

I want us to be the next great dynasty! And I want to feel like we can be!!!!!!!

I'm Scurred bros!

Nothing to be scared about. For the previous 3 years, our average record was 4-12 each season. Now 10-2 this year, and our future looks bright!
[ Edited by hello49 on Dec 3, 2019 at 9:42 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone