LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

The Silver Lining Thread (positive people come on in!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
was underwhelmed by the head coach hire and was not please with the jeep hire but i am past that now and am back to having a open mind. it is silly, stupid , illogical, whatever you want to say to NOT give these guys a chance. i know there are lots of maybes here but maybe they will work well as a staff, maybe they will help teach our players to be better,, run a game clock, know what do to with a challenge flag, score more than four points a game per game in the second half of games and getting the players back to having fun again, which was not there last year. we talk about how we have to let things play out when a player gets in trouble,, it should be the same for this staff. i swear, some fans act like they are hoping and wishing we fail. new ideas, new energy,, playing to the players strengths ,,, does it really matter if those things come from a hall of fame coach like shanny or a guy that coached in nfl europe? cuz we all know those things sure as hell did not come from the coaches last year. onward and upward.... oh and lol at people who want this locked. what , do they work for the obama administration
Can I just cut and paste your response cciowa. These are my thought too. Are you messing with me.
i just get pissed off cuz i have seen this stuff starting on the night we lost to the ravens with alex in 2011. its like people who say they are fans clearly hate this team and root or hope they fail. our entire webzone history is littered with examples
the best thing is for alex to get hurt so ck can take over
we need to lose and tank so we can draft higher
suck for luck
we need to hope we suck next year so we can fire the current coaches
and the infamous first pick of 2017 garbage..

I concur it does get very frustrating there are a handful of folks in here that I don't know if I have every heard them say anything good about our team. I am willing to give this group of coaches the benefit of the doubt until they prove otherwise.
I think the zone is basically divided into those who think that the team have self destructed and are heading into darkness and those who want to give it a chance. If the team goes to crap this season we are all going to agree.

So that is the difference between an optimist and a pessimist. Judgement now as against judgement in a reasonable time.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
I think the wait and see approach sounds great. Maybe these coaches will surprise us. I think this season rests squarely on Baalke and how he handles the roster between free agency and the draft. If you give this staff a supremely talented roster, they may have a shot.

that is the only logical choice . you at least have to give them a chance. this is not the salem witch trials for f**ks sake.. i never worry about how our team handles the draft and free agency, esp free agency. my big issues are the future of gore , country and if we keep guys like skuta and cox. in some romper room rambling today some guy wanted fans to wear bags over their heads and boo the team. to boo our great players is beyond the pale,, when the home crowd booed last year,, i trust they were booing the coaches
I can't wait to see what Trey Millard can do. Maybe he can be our new Delanie Walker. And the kids Acker and Reasor at corner will be interesting to watch, along with D. Johnson's development. And look at the D-Line talent: Dorsey, Carradine, Dial, Jerrod-Eddie, K. Ramsey, And Ian Williams. That's quite a rotation. This team is loaded with talent! I could see with more playing time, Stevie Johnson having a much better year. And Ellington will be further along in development too. Also, Hunter will be back to pair up with Hyde, and hopefully Gore, for a nice Running back group. I love this team!
Originally posted by English:
I think the zone is basically divided into those who think that the team have self destructed and are heading into darkness and those who want to give it a chance. If the team goes to crap this season we are all going to agree.

So that is the difference between an optimist and a pessimist. Judgement now as against judgement in a reasonable time.
Don't worry English if we start winning we will still have the Pessimist.
Originally posted by GoForGold:
I can't wait to see what Trey Millard can do. Maybe he can be our new Delanie Walker. And the kids Acker and Reasor at corner will be interesting to watch, along with D. Johnson's development. And look at the D-Line talent: Dorsey, Carradine, Dial, Jerrod-Eddie, K. Ramsey, And Ian Williams. That's quite a rotation. This team is loaded with talent! I could see with more playing time, Stevie Johnson having a much better year. And Ellington will be further along in development too. Also, Hunter will be back to pair up with Hyde, and hopefully Gore, for a nice Running back group. I love this team!
You bet.
We have an entire draft class (almost) that has barely seen the field or not at all. Add a good draft class and a couple of key FA this team can be very deep.
[ Edited by leakyfausett on Jan 29, 2015 at 10:52 AM ]

I just want next season to get here quick so we can find out.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

do you agree that there seems to be some fans, who actually hope and act like they just can not wait for us to lose and to actually suck? i have no ego to bruise so if you think i am full of crap and have spent to much time in the grassy knoll looking for the 4th bullet as i wear my tinfoil hat, please tell me... also i really do think , speaking of ego,,,, that the positive posters or the ones who are asking to give the coaches a chance are more willing to step up and admit they were wrong in case we do tank. i think the negative nellies , if we do have success, will never give credit to the new coach. they will just say they got lucky with the players they got from the former regime. i think the posters in this thread are more mature and objective. I believe some peoples blind faith in their hatred of a certain player, coach or front office prevents them from being objective
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Originally posted by GoForGold:
You bet.
We have an entire draft class (almost) that has barely seen the field or not at all. Add a good draft class and a couple of key FA this team can be very deep.

and all we are asking is that the new coaches, work with the players to help them get better, to be a team again, to have fun playing the game again,to play to what the players do best, to manage a clock, to find a way to score more than four points a game per game in the second half of games. its just a bunch of little things that need to have happen. little things make up the big things
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MCrabs15:
We hav pretty helmets

you know that is how i became a fan when i was 11. i liked the colors and besides all my stupid fellow iowa fans were vikings fans, i was a rebel even at 11.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by leebert81:
I'm looking forward to seeing how the new coaching staff makes in game adjustments. Something the previous staff couldn't grasp.

Clock management, time outs, challenges this is what I'll be looking for.

it just can not be worse than what it was last year,, and then senile vermiel goes on the radio and rips the team for getting rid of one his boys.. i tell you what,, our pass protection has been s**tty for four years under solari. he needed to go in my opinion.
For the 2016 draft when the mock draft for top ten picks comes out we will be in that conversation...

do you agree that there seems to be some fans, who actually hope and act like they just can not wait for us to lose and to actually suck? i have no ego to bruise so if you think i am full of crap and have spent to much time in the grassy knoll looking for the 4th bullet as i wear my tinfoil hat, please tell me... also i really do think , speaking of ego,,,, that the positive posters or the ones who are asking to give the coaches a chance are more willing to step up and admit they were wrong in case we do tank. i think the negative nellies , if we do have success, will never give credit to the new coach. they will just say they got lucky with the players they got from the former regime. i think the posters in this thread are more mature and objective. I believe some peoples blind faith in their hatred of a certain player, coach or front office prevents them from being objective

I am not speaking for the other moderators here. They may have their own opinions. I think there are the ones who are giving the situation a chance to develop, the ones who have made their minds up (but will see how it goes) and the ones who are so deeply sunk in their misery and their conviction of error that they will be hoping for failure to prove them right.

I want to accommodate the first two categories and prevent deep schisms forming. But the third category, in my view, has morphed into trolling. I ban trolls.

This is a difficult time to be one of the Faithful. I don't want to see the zone tearing itself apart.
Pissed off negative guy here with a positive thought....BOWMAN BOWMAN BOWMAN....If Navarro comes back healthy what a shot in the arm !
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Thought this thread was supposed to be a positive thread? Anyway...

I was pissed after hearing about the Geep hiring even though I knew it would happen, so i took the rest of the day off yesterday and now I've decided to be optimistic. Next year may end up being a complete cluster-f**k, but if it does, I'll still be living and breathing so in the grand scheme of thing its not that big a deal. Some of you guys will get your jollies off on being able to say "i told you so" to the board. So even if we lose, you win.

But let's consider that maybe, just MAYBE Baalke knew what he was doing. You can choose to look at this negatively (which is much much easier) and be justified. I have no problem with that. I tend to be more negative and I've been pretty negative to this point (and still am in many respects). But I refuse to ignore the potential positives. Here are some possibilities (focusing mostly on offense)..

1) The amount of egos have been greatly reduced. Say what you will about Harbaugh, the fact is he didn't fix the problems that had been problems for years. I'm not here to say he should or shouldn't have been fired for it, but nobody can deny that, despite our success, a lot of the same issues remained throughout his tenure (delays, TOs, terrible challenges, passing game etc.). I personally believe this was due to ego. He wanted things to work his way. Harbaugh was definitely smart and capable enough to fix the issues, but seemed to decide not to. Fireable offense? Maybe, maybe not.
With this coaching staff, however, we have fresh faces with much smaller egos who are likely eager to prove they belong in the NFL If we have issues (which I know we will) I don't believe it will be because the staff just refused to fix them. With the reduced egos, I believe we can actually have a coaching staff that spitballs ideas off of one another. The names are not sexy, but they do come with decades of football coaching experience. A group of hungry no names with tons of experience working together to prove they belong in the NFL isn't the worst thing in the world.

2)The Roster. We still have a pretty good, deep roster. We haven't hit FA OR the draft yet. AND we still got redshirts from last years draft scheduled to hit the field. People tend to compare these hirings with Singletary's, but Sing's teams were not this talented. Much of our issues last year were not related to talent, but to injury and/or scheme. To me it's tough to think that this team, as constructed currently, will be a 4-6 win team unless they just give up. We definitely have needs, but this is definitely a roster capable of getting to and making noise in the playoffs. Don't let your emotions and hate for the FO blind you to this fact.

3) It's f**king January! The Super Bowl has yet to be played and you guys are ready to pick first in the 2016 draft. That's a bit bonkers. I understand the feeling. That's exactly how I felt when I read Geep was hired on the front page. But give the coaching staff a f**king chance to talk to each other and draw up a play or two before you go off the deep end. Stress aint' good and it's just a game after all. Nobody here has any idea what's going on at 4949 (annoying, I know), so ease up a bit and chill. You guys will end up being the world's biggest Tomsula dickriders if this actually pans out.
Share 49ersWebzone