There are 344 users in the forums

The Silver Lining Thread (positive people come on in!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
So if we dont somehow get homefield advantage through the playoffs that might not be a terrible thing.

A good defense can travel anywhere and be effective. And I don't think we have the home field dominance that Seattle used to have that we need to win.

Now the bye would be really helpful though.
4th in scoring offense
2nd in scoring defense
Tied for best record in the NFL
Best record in the conference
Best record in the division
First winning season since 2013(let's face it, they have to win at least one more, right?)
Williams strip sack

Warner punch strip

Buckner TD

Originally posted by mattster03:
I'd rather have won one and lost one to Seattle if we face them in the playoff. Something hard about beating a team for the 3rd time...

??? Did you mean to say you'd prefer the Hawks beat the Niners twice in the regular season since it would be hard for the Hawks to win in the third meeting in the playoffs under that scenario (and winning in the playoffs is what matters)? In a win one, lose one scenario, beating a team for the 3rd time doesn't come into play.
We control our fate this time!
Originally posted by captveg:
I don't think it's the loss so much as it's the loss + injuries. I know I'd feel far less concerned about the loss if we didn't get so banged up, and I've been one of the more positive/ even keeled people here since last night.

It's the loss + losing Sanders, Blair and Jones that compounds things.

Excellent point. When you get right down to it we win that game if Gould is playing. But loss of Blair, Jones, ???Sanders, and of course KWON already...those are tough knocks. Plus losing out 2 starting OTs, for 6weeks which may be 8 weeks by the time McG is ready to start again. Even with the best DL we have ever had.... to lose 2 DTs in one game. C'mon.

Lady Bad Luck, GTFO.. just go away. We've been down here too many times to see a repeat. Just go.
  • Kyzen
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by captveg:
I don't think it's the loss so much as it's the loss + injuries. I know I'd feel far less concerned about the loss if we didn't get so banged up, and I've been one of the more positive/ even keeled people here since last night.

It's the loss + losing Sanders, Blair and Jones that compounds things.

Excellent point. When you get right down to it we win that game if Gould is playing. But loss of Blair, Jones, ???Sanders, and of course KWON already...those are tough knocks. Plus losing out 2 starting OTs, for 6weeks which may be 8 weeks by the time McG is ready to start again. Even with the best DL we have ever had.... to lose 2 DTs in one game. C'mon.

Lady Bad Luck, GTFO.. just go away. We've been down here too many times to see a repeat. Just go.

Totally agree with these points. Just makes it frustrating. Thinking how it would be without the injuries and without the mistakes will make you crazy.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
So if we dont somehow get homefield advantage through the playoffs that might not be a terrible thing.

Check out the NFL Playoff Machine - Great for "What ifs".
http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

If we only beat Atlanta and Arizona. And lose the other 5 games. We still can slip in as #6 seed.

I would have thought winning only 2 games in second half would be death. Nope.
Originally posted by OldJoe:

Check out the NFL Playoff Machine - Great for "What ifs".
http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

If we only beat Atlanta and Arizona. And lose the other 5 games. We still can slip in as #6 seed.

I would have thought winning only 2 games in second half would be death. Nope.

Thanks for posting that. I ran the games and didn't realize how easy the Eagles schedule is going out, ours and the Cheathawks is really difficult...and I don't know but I seem to think that Carolina running game will wear people out as the season goes on:

1st Seed
New Orleans
Proj: 12-4

2nd Seed
San Francisco

3rd Seed
Green Bay

4th Seed
Philadelphia
Proj: 11-5

5th Seed
Minnesota

6th Seed
Carolina
Proj: 11-5
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

A good defense can travel anywhere and be effective. And I don't think we have the home field dominance that Seattle used to have that we need to win.

Agree. The Bye would probably be more helpful than home field advantage. I just don't think our home field advantage is all that and a bag of cheese since it's an open air stadium and all the sound goes out into the atmosphere, versus being reflected back to the field like the Taco shaped stadium up there in Seadderall Land.

• krizay
  • Veteran

With all of our motions and shifts. Playing in SEA (ESPECIALLY in playoffs) would not be very good for our offense
  • Jaci
  • Veteran
It's strange we have to make a positive people thread to support a team that is 9-1. There are some spoiled fans up in this b*tch.
Originally posted by Jaci:
It's strange we have to make a positive people thread to support a team that is 9-1. There are some spoiled fans up in this b*tch.

It was created in 2015...
  • Jaci
  • Veteran

And we are talking Bout it now, correct? So....

And we are talking Bout it now, correct? So....

Spoiled for trying to find positives out of negatives (albeit rare this season)? Nah.

There are actual real reasons out there to call some 49ers fans "spoiled", and this thread is not one of them.
Share 49ersWebzone