LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

The Silver Lining Thread (positive people come on in!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
My silver lining is I'm ride or die 49ers, been through good and bad times, ALWAYS was a fan rooting for my team. No difference this year, I'll watch every game good or bad, happy or pissed. Let's Go fakas!

Yup. Same here

Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Yup. Same here

Well being a LA 49ers fan this ownership is starting to remind me of the LA Clippers which is heartbreaking ! I'm boycotting home games next year I'll watch them on the road, getting rid of harbuagh is a tough sell to us diehard fans, dennis Erickson, singletary, "rolling with Nolan " man here we go again the dark years
Ok, positive it is:

HC: not many coaches are able to get players to run through walls. This one can. How many coaches actually fire up a team these days? Might be a rare find.

OC: A post-1953 offense? Assuming he can run the offense he wants, it can only be an improvement.

DC: Who was a fan of playing 10 yards off the ball? The prevent for an entire half? Few blitzes? Key players are back. The D will be better.

The GM: There were all these articles that he was so respected in the football world. He would be hired within a minute if he was fired here.

The owner: He hired SingleCell and there was no excuse for that and he can never be forgiven. Nobody with two cells thought MS was going to work out. The Dorks are strange and should sell the team to a consortium of Warriors and Giants owners. Those folks know how it is done. However, give him credit for firing a popular and successful coach. Give him credit for guts.

Fans: Look at Giants fans! Look at Warriors fans! Give them something that doesn't put them to sleep and there will be knowledgeable fan support.
[ Edited by carlgo on Jan 28, 2015 at 11:41 PM ]
  • REB4
Everything is Awesome! New attitude.
[ Edited by REB4 on Jan 29, 2015 at 1:09 AM ]
The silver lining is that we will draft high for years to come. The draft forum will be great fun. Prepare for top 5 to top 10 picks for years to come.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
The silver lining is that we will draft high for years to come. The draft forum will be great fun. Prepare for top 5 to top 10 picks for years to come.

It ain't that bad, SanDiego.
We will have a winnign season, i have zero doubt about that.
Originally posted by mayo49:

Yes it is.......
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Yes it is.......

Your crazy dude.
Originally posted by mayo49:

Yes it is.......

In view of the thread title and in view of the pessimists thread and further stuff like this will be viewed as provocation.
I'm looking forward to seeing how the new coaching staff makes in game adjustments. Something the previous staff couldn't grasp.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by leebert81:
I'm looking forward to seeing how the new coaching staff makes in game adjustments. Something the previous staff couldn't grasp.

Clock management, time outs, challenges this is what I'll be looking for.
It will be an entertaining season. Unfortunately every 3 and out and every TD allowed will be a a referendum on the coaching changes.

I have been trying to be optimistic, but it gets harder every day.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
True. Why would ownership pay someone (Harbaugh) who doesn't want to be there?
  • thl408
- The strategy of waiting till the playclock ticks down near 0, in order to force defenses to declare their alignment, most likely left with Harbaugh. Less delay of games. Less wasted timeouts.

- Less awkward interviews from HC and most likely from Kap, who seemed to be instructed to give thoughtless answers. Perhaps it'll still be awkward with Tomsula's public speaking skills, but in a different way.

- Doublemint twins will be back. Flanked by the A-Team (Aldon/Aaron).

- New HC/DC/OC are familiar with the roster and vice versa.

- Experience at the DC position who came from a similar scheme background.

- Good TE coach. Solid OL coach.

- #15th pick in each round.

- On top of guys like BThomas, Millard, Acker having completed their redshirt season.

- Healthy ADavis coming into camp.

- The novelty of Levi's wears off a bit and more fans stay in their seats.

That's all I can come up with for now.
Positives:

1) Even though we lost a coach named Jim, we gained a coach named Jim

2) Even though we lost an Italian DC whose first name ends with ic (Vic) and last name contains the letters angi in succession (Fangio), we gained an Italian DC whose first name ends with ic (Eric) and last name contains the letters angi in succession (Mangini).

3) Even though the Romans crucified Jesus Christ, we crucified Greg Roman and promoted Geepus Chryst.
Share 49ersWebzone