There are 138 users in the forums

The Silver Lining Thread (positive people come on in!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mayo49:
Yeah, but two back to back losses kind of sucks.

Ask Buffalo about that. Back to back to back to back. I still think that the Bills getting there 4 straight years is one of the most underrated accomplishment in NFL history. Very few teams even go back to back and losing teams do it even less.
Here's some silver lining - so far, there are close to a few hundred deaths from covid-19 in New Orleans. It's because they had a Mardi Gras. Currently, there are 14 deaths in San Francisco from covid-19. If the Niners win that Super Bowl, hundreds more people would have died. The parade is just like the Mardi Gras. Every bar is packed. People are having parties. And this all happens in early February. Over 12,000 cases in New Orleans; less than a thousand in SF. Ten to twenty thousand more people might have picked up the virus. I hated the loss. It was just as painful as a loss can be. But hundreds of lives is some serious silver lining.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
some are blaming covid 19 for pettis and his inability to step up. that is a silver lining for pettis fans
Originally posted by cciowa:
some are blaming covid 19 for pettis and his inability to step up. that is a silver lining for pettis fans

Does he still have fans?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kezarguy:

Does he still have fans?

got to admire them,, they are diehards. either they or pettis must have pictures
Here's some silver lining - so far, there are close to a few hundred deaths from covid-19 in New Orleans. It's because they had a Mardi Gras. Currently, there are 14 deaths in San Francisco from covid-19. If the Niners win that Super Bowl, hundreds more people would have died. The parade is just like the Mardi Gras. Every bar is packed. People are having parties. And this all happens in early February. Over 12,000 cases in New Orleans; less than a thousand in SF. Ten to twenty thousand more people might have picked up the virus. I hated the loss. It was just as painful as a loss can be. But hundreds of lives is some serious silver lining.

Blessing in disguise.

We'll beat covid--and then we'll beat the chiefs!
Yee Haw, Come on In

https://youtu.be/M4AA-vvyMZ0

No, they are blaming covid-19 ON Pettis because they bought CATS (not bats) at a wet market in Wuhan

https://news.yahoo.com/thrilling-news-second-chinese-city-114618349.html
[ Edited by wysiwyg on Apr 17, 2020 at 10:31 PM ]
They still have nick bosa.
Was just re-watching the SB...there's a competitive part in me that wants a rematch vs. the Chiefs. Just getting back to the SB this year is going to be a challenge but one I feel the Niners are very equipped to meet. If so, I wouldn't mind at all if it's again vs. the Chiefs. It's not easy re-watching that game because the Niners had them. Had them right where they wanted. Yet as we all know, you have to finish games vs. very good teams. The Chiefs are a very good team but I think the Niners overall are better and will finish it out with a win if a rematch occurred.

To me, what's great about the way the Niners have been constructed as a very good & complete team is this: I'll take them vs. any team in the league - home, away or neutral site. One key area it all starts with is the QB, Garoppolo. He's the kind of QB that gives you hope...that helps give this team a good chance to win in any game. And, he gives them a good chance at reaching the playoffs and having a deep playoff run. You can see this very clearly with your own eyes in watching him play. It's as clear as day to me. Or, in looking at numbers, you can look at some of the following during his QB starts for the Niners:

-Has won 21 games in his 27 starts

-Has kept the Niners in every game/has never been blown out in those 27 starts

-6 comeback wins in the 4th Qtr. (7 if you count one of his two wins while w/ NE)

-Highest passer rating in the league last year when his team was trailing

This isn't the Garoppolo thread so I'll stop there. Just glad he's this team's QB for years to come.

Whether it's the Chiefs or any other team, I like the Niners' chances with how they're built, what they've been through in close games, their coaching, FO...or just overall.

• Giedi
  • Veteran

Does he still have fans?

got to admire them,, they are diehards. either they or pettis must have pictures

I"m still pulling for Pettis, because of his sheer athleticism. But I also know he's in Kyle's doghouse and Kyle's drafted some big huge athletic pittbulls to take on this cat. I think he has a shot to make the team again, but he's not a sure thing like last year, for sure.
Offense:
-McKinnon scored a TD & looked pretty good for his first game after two years & first in this scheme
-Mostert showed his speed again & playmaking abilities
-Juice continues to show his value as a FB/OW...had another long reception and was open for a potentially longer one if Garoppolo had more time
-Williams showed some dominance at LT and looking forward to seeing more as he continues to get reacclimated after being out a year
-For a 3rd-String Center just recently brought in and playing in a complex scheme, Grasu did pretty well and had some key blocks

Defense:
-A Safety had an INT!
-Greenlaw with more playmaking in tipping the pass that led to the INT, helping to temporarily swing momentum (wish they would have followed up w/ a TD)
-Hyder with a great sack on a highly mobile/slippery QB...Hyder's going to be a key rotational piece on this DL
-Kinlaw had a couple of good plays - looking for much more as he continues to refine his technique & learns more this scheme & NFL DL play
-Bosa, despite getting doubled, chipped and just a lot of attention, still made quite a few plays...this guy forces D Coordinators to game plan around
-Held the Cards' RBs in check
-Harassed & forced Murray into multiple scramble/off-script plays (need to do a better job of containing him & "lightly tapping" him after he slides)

ST:
(note: despite the below, got to mention the momentum-turning blocked punt...though it was early, the Niners were off to a great start & having their way)
-Wish punted very well and put the Cards deep on a couple of occasions; Kickoffs were good, too
-Gould being his reliable self going 2-for-2
[ Edited by LottDMontanaO on Sep 14, 2020 at 1:45 PM ]
  • thl408
Kittle's knee didn't break in half on that hit.
Originally posted by thl408:

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 951NINER:
Originally posted by thl408:

Share 49erswebzone