There are 148 users in the forums

How long will our playoff drought last?

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨

How long will our playoff drought last?

Originally posted by AmpLee:
1) The chapter isn't quite finished with Frank. Decent chance he'll be back. Even if not, Kendall Hunter will be back and it's not incredibly hard to find guys in mid-rounds and later to add depth. No doubt that Hyde has the ability to be a feature back. This is not really a position of weakness but it's not really a position of great strength anymore either. Pretty good though with or without Gore (hopefully with).

2) We just need that big deep threat to stretch the field and then we'll have a complete set of WRs. I expect our first rounder to pick that exact need.

3) No it's not. Staley, healthy A Davis, Boone with an offseason, healthy Kilgore, + 3 young guys to battle for Iupati's spot. Our weakness in pass protection came from Iupati, C (after Kilgore), Boone for the first few weeks, and J Martin at LT. A full offseason with Kilgore coming back, Iupati replaced by a competent pass blocker, no J Martin in sight, etc. and our weakness from last year, turns into a strength. We should definitely spend an early to mid-rounder on a backup T worth a s**t.

4) Definitely a big hole if Justin Smith leaves. Ray Mac also leaves a hole. To be honest though, neither player was putting much pressure on the QB last year consistently. Ray had that big game after charges were dropped, but wasn't much of a force otherwise. On the flipside, Ian Williams will be back, Glen Dorsey will be back, Tank Carradine will have an opportunity to build on an relatively good looking start, and Dial is pretty beastly in there as well. We need to target a d-lineman either in the first (if no reciever) or second. Still, it's nice to have some guys in there that can play. Also, don't count out a guy like Kaleb Ramsey as some added depth.

5) Further, we have a ton of talent coming back from what was the most injury plagued season I can remember. Playoffs are well within the possibility even if we don't hit the draft out of the park. And if we do get some impact players in positions of need this draft and a coaching staff that hits the ground running, we could be back in the hunt for a championship. I don't think this window is quite closed. Too many impact players still on our roster.

Terrific post!
Originally posted by 9erReign:
5-10 years

1st part is right
10 more years.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
10 more years.

It can last for 10 or more years. This organization doesn't know what they are doing. They are clueless at the very top. We are in for a very long and hard road. Buckle up for the rocky ride.
LMAO this thread

Good times in la la land.
delusional af
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
1) The chapter isn't quite finished with Frank. Decent chance he'll be back. Even if not, Kendall Hunter will be back and it's not incredibly hard to find guys in mid-rounds and later to add depth. No doubt that Hyde has the ability to be a feature back. This is not really a position of weakness but it's not really a position of great strength anymore either. Pretty good though with or without Gore (hopefully with).

2) We just need that big deep threat to stretch the field and then we'll have a complete set of WRs. I expect our first rounder to pick that exact need.

3) No it's not. Staley, healthy A Davis, Boone with an offseason, healthy Kilgore, + 3 young guys to battle for Iupati's spot. Our weakness in pass protection came from Iupati, C (after Kilgore), Boone for the first few weeks, and J Martin at LT. A full offseason with Kilgore coming back, Iupati replaced by a competent pass blocker, no J Martin in sight, etc. and our weakness from last year, turns into a strength. We should definitely spend an early to mid-rounder on a backup T worth a s**t.

4) Definitely a big hole if Justin Smith leaves. Ray Mac also leaves a hole. To be honest though, neither player was putting much pressure on the QB last year consistently. Ray had that big game after charges were dropped, but wasn't much of a force otherwise. On the flipside, Ian Williams will be back, Glen Dorsey will be back, Tank Carradine will have an opportunity to build on an relatively good looking start, and Dial is pretty beastly in there as well. We need to target a d-lineman either in the first (if no reciever) or second. Still, it's nice to have some guys in there that can play. Also, don't count out a guy like Kaleb Ramsey as some added depth.

5) Further, we have a ton of talent coming back from what was the most injury plagued season I can remember. Playoffs are well within the possibility even if we don't hit the draft out of the park. And if we do get some impact players in positions of need this draft and a coaching staff that hits the ground running, we could be back in the hunt for a championship. I don't think this window is quite closed. Too many impact players still on our roster.

Terrific post!

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
LMAO this thread

Good times in la la land.

I was way off, but then I expected Adam Gase as HC in 2015....
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
delusional af

Lots of posts that we would be in playoffs immediately after Harbaugh was gone ........ Baalke Kool Aid

Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
delusional af

Lots of posts that we would be in playoffs immediately after Harbaugh was gone ........ Baalke Kool Aid

And like 6 pro bowlers, 4 All pros, and like 25 total players were gone.

Retool!
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Oct 24, 2018 at 7:21 PM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
It can last for 10 or more years. This organization doesn't know what they are doing. They are clueless at the very top. We are in for a very long and hard road. Buckle up for the rocky ride.

You never change, have you ever posted on here when the 49ers are winning? I only seem to see you around during rough times
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Oct 24, 2018 at 7:29 PM ]
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:

You never change, have you ever posted on here when the 49ers are winning? I only seem to see you around during rough times

How many good times and good years have you seen under the Yorks all time?......

How many good times and good years have you seen under the Yorks all time?......

Mainly the Harbaugh years.... and during that time I hardly ever saw you post until they fired him, and before then you were always saying we would go 1-15 every year.

Mainly the Harbaugh years.... and during that time I hardly ever saw you post until they fired him, and before then you were always saying we would go 1-15 every year.

I posted when we had Harbaugh and I liked Harbaugh more than the current direction of this team by far. I said so many times at the time.
Share 49erswebzone