LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 265 users in the forums

Pro bowl niners

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
The 2 dudes that don't deserve to be in the Pro Bowl and they get in. Shows u how much this thing really is a popularity contest. Antoine Bethea and possibly Perrish Cox are more deserving the offense was a joke especially the line play with our line being the worst in the league.

It's definitely a popularity contest. Fans/players/coaches just vote for a name they remember if they don't know exactly who is really playing the best that year. That's why All Pro is more respected. It's voted by the people paid to cover the game.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Borland making it is pretty cool

Ageree VERY cool!

And he didn't even play a full season
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Bethea and Cox please?
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by braap49er:
Lol iupati shouldn't of even made it

He graded out as the 2nd best run blocking OL in the NFL this year. Behind only Marshal Yanda. And thats ALL OL, not just Guards. He was just horrid at pass blocking.

Absolutely sucked!
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
It's definitely a popularity contest. Fans/players/coaches just vote for a name they remember if they don't know exactly who is really playing the best that year. That's why All Pro is more respected. It's voted by the people paid to cover the game.

Yeah, you nailed it.
Iupati.

lol
Originally posted by susweel:
Cam Inman ‏@CamInman 5m5 minutes ago #49ers Mike Iupati and Joe Staley have been selected to Pro Bowl

lol

Originally posted by LVJay:
Out of pity...

• Phil
  • Veteran
3 of our o linemen named to the pro bowl? From Webzone's "Jack Hammer":

" Kaepernicks time to sack is 5th longest in the league. His time to attempt is .01 seconds shorter than Aaron Rodgers. San Francisco's pass blocking efficiency rating is also still higher than it was back in 2011 despite the injuries."

Is that true, anyone checked up on this?

Whoever picked 3 of our o linemen for the pro bowl should be asked the question, why? When you have such a high sack count why is that deserving of pro bowl honors?

I guess fans make 1/3 of the votes then players and coaches put in the rest of the votes. Fans probably go on name recognition, especially on o line. But players and coaches should be asked why they voted this way. I guess the pro bowl isn't very legitimate either way.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by Phil:

" Kaepernicks time to sack is 5th longest in the league. His time to attempt is .01 seconds shorter than Aaron Rodgers. San Francisco's pass blocking efficiency rating is also still higher than it was back in 2011 despite the injuries."

Whoever picked 3 of our o linemen for the pro bowl should be asked the question, why? When you have such a high sack count why is that deserving of pro bowl honors?

I guess fans make 1/3 of the votes then players and coaches put in the rest of the votes. Fans probably go on name recognition, especially on o line. But players and coaches should be asked why they voted this way. I guess the pro bowl isn't very legitimate either way.

It's a glorified popularity contest. Other players voting are just as bad as the fans, they pick guys they like, not necessarily who actually has played best

Cox should have made it.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Not exactly a stacked team. You could argue that no 49er deserves the Pro Bowl this year.

Our cupboard is somewhat bare when you think about it.

Lol what? You can say they were depleted with injuries and suspensions and maybe some guys were not playing up to par, but to say the cupboard is bare is silly. When this team is full strength , make no doubt about it, they are loaded.
I do agree though the case could be made for no pro bowlers this year. Although I thought Bethea , Cox, Reid and Borland were all worthy

It's hard to name a single player on this team that is without some major question marks.

From Gore's age, to Willis and Bowman's injuries, to Aldon being an idiot, Iupati being a free agent. Staley more than anything had an off year not a Pro Bowl year.
cant believe iupati made it
Originally posted by jbeale49:
I just Iupati'd in my pants.

That should help sign his next contract. Happy for him and thanks for those good years, best of luck with the next team.

when iupati, use sopoaga
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Janitor:
Originally posted by Phil:

It's a glorified popularity contest. Other players voting are just as bad as the fans, they pick guys they like, not necessarily who actually has played best

It should be based on an objective review of stats and game tape. Other factors such as when we see QB's avoid shut down CB's etc.

I'd think most casual fans don't really know much about other teams offensive lines. But players and coaches should be more in tune. Especially from the same division.

But Megh? I don't even watch the pro bowl. Wouldn't care if they axed it. Especially because of potential injuries. Players don't want that s**t. Don't think most fans give a crap either. Just an NFL tradition I suppose. Another money maker.
Share 49ersWebzone