LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

Do we lose our toughness if guys like Martin & Gabbert make the team? 

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by swayze:
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Andy Lee looks like a total puss. Cut his ass too.

Joe Staley is a shrieker. Shrieking isn't tough. Pink slip time

No because we have too many tough guys as core players
Originally posted by LVJay:

I always find it amusing when people sitting at their keyboards discuss whether or not an NFL player is a "wuss" or "soft." What do people think someone has to do to even get in the NFL?
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by LVJay:

I always find it amusing when people sitting at their keyboards discuss whether or not an NFL player is a "wuss" or "soft." What do people think someone has to do to even get in the NFL?

I always find it amusing when people on the internet dont know what a joke or sarcasm is.
Did we lose or toughness ? MAGETHEf**kOTAHERE with that stuff. We will be as tough as getting into a nun's panties. We will be so bad we will make Medicine sick. Harbaugh is as tough as they come , always has been. We will slaughter people once we get rolling .
Originally posted by LEN-RHODE9er:
Did we lose or toughness ? MAGETHEf**kOTAHERE with that stuff. We will be as tough as getting into a nun's panties. We will be so bad we will make Medicine sick. Harbaugh is as tough as they come , always has been. We will slaughter people once we get rolling .

What he said
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LEN-RHODE9er:

What he said

^^ 1000 x
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ethan:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
What other guys do you suspect are "fake tough guys" as Richard Sherman put it, that could effect our bully brand of football?

Do the rookies bring that, or can they be taught how to play 49er football? Kaep is a beast at the QB position, plays fear free which allows him to dominate/be effective with his legs as well as his arm.

I am hoping guys like Tank & Dial will set a tone when asked to step in, seems like these guys fit in well!

Your thoughts?

My thoughts are that both of them could squash your head like a rotten grape, gloryhole. Just because they don't run their mouth, kiss their biceps, and shoot steroids up their ass, doesn't mean they aren't "tough". On the contrary, it's the Wanksters who feel they have to dress the part and talk the part who will disappear in the crunch. Gabbert and Martin are fine with being themselves, unlike a few other guys on the team who have to adopt a tough guy pose.

Kiss their biceps ???

Cheap shot at Kaepernick---

And you might want to read the

You might want to focus on rule #1

[ Edited by buck on Aug 17, 2014 at 1:56 AM ]
Lose toughness? I don't see how two people who weren't on the team prior make you lose anything. On the contrary I don't think Gabbert's problem is toughness. With what he's endured up to this point if he wasn't "tough" before he is now. Martin does strike me as soft but again I don't think you can take the other players toughness away by adding a player who might be soft. Maybe his teammates make him tough. I don't think he makes anyone soft. IMO opinion I don't think they make the team less tough I think they make us less talented.
[ Edited by Ninerz4Life on Aug 17, 2014 at 3:13 AM ]
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
f**k Richard Sherman.

I think refusing to pay Golson or Whitner was a huge mistake! Receivers will have their way with our current DB's. last time we played the Bears Their WR's were scared to death! This time they weren't worried at all.

We are more athletic on the back end, but I liked having those thumpers back there. Sure they gave up a few big plays from time to time, and that hasn't changed.
No not at all.

Toughness has nothing to do w/offside penalties, or mis-calls by refs.

We're tough BUT in my opinion we didn't execute.
  • dj43
Martin played well. Bears adjusted on defense but Roman didn't counter the speed rush. Two sacks resulted. One on Martin. The second was the failure of Roman to take advantage of Youngs aggressiveness.

Gabbert was very highly rated coming out of college but will test The Great Quarterback Whisperer.
Originally posted by dj43:
Martin played well. Bears adjusted on defense but Roman didn't counter the speed rush. Two sacks resulted. One on Martin. The second was the failure of Roman to take advantage of Youngs aggressiveness.

Gabbert was very highly rated coming out of college but will test The Great Quarterback Whisperer.

And both sacks, CK still had 3 seconds to throw...but didn't.
Share 49ersWebzone